small wrist 5"

Options

Replies

• iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    This is a very odd but fascinating topic. Tomorrow I'm going to be looking at everyone's wrists!
  • dunlunicor
    dunlunicor Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have 5" wrists and HUGE hands. My elbow joints are also very wide, so my arms tend to get me the "You look like a holocaust victim!" remarks. I can completely cross my middle finger and thumb over my wrist. It's pretty gross. I wear a lot of long sleeves because of this.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Mine is 5 1/2 inches. :ohwell:
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Trade ya. I have 7inch wrists and am only 5'2. I have short fingers and broad palms too. Freak of nature I am. Course the more I read about differing frame size it would explain why I was always a stocky girl even when I was a lower weight.
  • brscott22
    Options
    I'm curious now if everyones forearm is small also. Mine is 7.75 which looks small I think, really my whole arm does
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I'm curious now if everyones forearm is small also. Mine is 7.75 which looks small I think, really my whole arm does
    I think what you really need at this stage is to build muscle so that your arms will not look that small. Mine is at 9.25", used to be 9" but added a bit of muscle to those forearms now.
  • iorahkwano
    Options
    My elbow joints are also very wide, so my arms tend to get me the "You look like a holocaust victim!" remarks.

Me too! At certain angles and in certain photos, my arms look gross because my elbow joint is so wide and my arms/wrists are small! It looks okay most of the time but if I open my arms out (Like a starfish) it makes my elbows look big & knobby. It looks normal most of the time, but I looked like Starvin Marvin when I was 15lbs lighter, with belly fat.

My mom said my aunt always had big elbows too.
  • brscott22
    Options
    I think what you really need at this stage is to build muscle so that your arms will not look that small. Mine is at 9.25", used to be 9" but added a bit of muscle to those forearms now.
    that's my goal, I hired a personal trainer to work with me at my gym until I learn all the equipment . I'm really excited because is my first time getting into weight training.
  • iorahkwano
    Options
    Whoa whoa whoa, someone said they have 4" wrists?? I just made a 4" loop with my measuring tape and that's like... my cat's wrist. You are measuring the circumference & not just the width, right? Wrapping the tape AROUND your wrist like a snug bracelet?
  • brscott22
    Options
    Whoa whoa whoa, someone said they have 4" wrists?? I just made a 4" loop with my measuring tape and that's like... my cat's wrist. You are measuring the circumference & not just the width, right? Wrapping the tape AROUND your wrist like a snug bracelet?
    lol, that does seem small
  • dunlunicor
    dunlunicor Posts: 189 Member
    Options

Her HW was 130 and her goal is 100, so I'm guessing she is very short and very small-framed.
  • brscott22
    Options

Her HW was 130 and her goal is 100, so I'm guessing she is very short and very small-framed.
    that's true
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I have 5" wrists, and am 5'9". I'm pretty small boned, all the way around.
  • brscott22
    Options
    I have 5" wrists, and am 5'9". I'm pretty small boned, all the way around.
    are you my twin lol
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I have a 5" inch wrist but I'm 18, female so haha maybe you are really tiny!
  • brscott22
    Options
    I have a 5" inch wrist but I'm 18, female so haha maybe you are really tiny!
    I pretty much am except my stomach lol
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and my wrists are small...maybe 5-6" i haven't measured them. But what's worse is my hands look like a child's. they have not grown since I was 11 or 12. :( people make fun of them a lot.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    haha... my wrist isn't even that. mine is like 4.78-and I have 20 pounds to loose and I'm 5'5" and 150 pounds.......
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 ft 4, wrist is 7.5, forearm is just under 12.5, no idea if they look small on me
  • Iron_warrior33
    Options
    I'm 6'1" with a 7 1/2 wrist and 12" forearm