What Do You Do For Extra Money?

Options

Replies

• BluenoserChick
    BluenoserChick Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm fortunate to have a well paying job. My husband works for our extra money. :-D

But if we needed it -- ebay and garage sales first, working retail second.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pudgeylou
    pudgeylou Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I used to bartend on weekends for extra cash. I haven't done it for quite a few years but I know a few people who still do.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I have sold my kids' clothes, toys, and baby accessories at a JBF sale - Just Between Friends- they have them twice a year in our area, and I usually sell about what I spend at the sale for my kids to have new clothes, etc. I also yard-sale when I can for more items to put in the sale, and make a little extra with it that way too.

I also sell Tupperware on the side- but mostly just to support my own habit, I don't devote a whole lot of time for it, if I did I would probably make more money at it, but I also have small children at home (and I work full time too) and haven't been working that business like crazy to get it up and running, but often do have open house or open parties at my house for people.
    My2.Tupperware.com/Corrinawilke

I also have played piano at church services- they pay for that as well. it's been a while since I've done that though. (again, the time issue)

I'm sure you could find something in your talents that would help out, or even taking the secret shopper jobs- I have a friend that does those, and that supplements their "fun time" since most of the ones she picks are restaurants, so they schedule their date night for her secret shopper thing- and do that. Best of luck!
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I teach people how to save money, make their money last longer, financially protect their families, and the companies that I set them up with pay me (not the client). I also teach others to do what I do and make money that way too. I work for a company that is worth over 540billion, and we are always looking for new talent. Like I said, it's something that can be taught/learned.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I work overtime at work. ......and bully kids for their lunch money on the daily.
    I'm scared of you now.... wait, no I'm not.
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    personal training and teaching group fitness.
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am a stay-at-home mom and make some extra money being a consultant for Do You Bake? and Jerky Direct. Do You Bake? is sorta similar to Tastefully Simple. We have mixes, seasonings, meal solutions, etc. They are all natural, no preservatives, no msg. Jerky Direct is another direct sales company that sells ... jerky.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Kill.

Want a quote?
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a drug testing clinical study program. I only get $1090 out of it, ingest 2 antibiotic pills, lose 4 nights out of my life and over 40 blood sample draws. I am halfway through.

Then I can pay some dental bills with the cash.

The experience isn't so bad, so far. I met interesting people from all walks of life at the trial. Thankfully, there were no side affects. I think I will do it again if I am strapped for cash.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I am currently on a long vacation however while I was in US I was doing many thing on the side

- Working as a Researcher at the University (primary job)
    - Databse consultant (very rarely because I'm lazy and don't wanna travel)
    - Information Security consulting (very rarely because I'm lazy and don't wanna travel)
    - Sell PvP ratings on World of Warcraft (by far my most profitable and enjoyable side business)
    - do odd jobs via Elance
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I work overtime at work. ......and bully kids for their lunch money on the daily.
    I'm scared of you now.... wait, no I'm not.
    Tomorrow. You. Me. Schoolyard, sucka.
  • mitsi94
    Options
    bump
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I fix push bikes in the evenings and at week ends.
  • bumbledust
    Options
    I write women's erotica. This is actually about to become my full-time job.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    2 jobs
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Keep old ladies happy
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I play music, I do a little acting, I write speeches and articles for people, I do some MC work (parties and balls, not raves) I am Santa in December. Anything I have the skillset to do really...
  • FloyMcCaudie
    Options
    strip
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I am a designer but two years ago I took up photography and now sell my photographs. I also write design/tech articles for large social media sites and blogs. This raises my income by around £300-£500 p/month (depending on photograph sales).