Runny Nose and Sneezing After Intense Cardio

Options
2»

Replies

• JulieOpp1
    JulieOpp1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don’t think he was referring to a ‘runny nose’, that’s very common, I know what he’s talking about, it’s an allergy attack, your nose starts itching, and you start sneezing, and then of course you have to blow your nose because it’s running from sneezing. My whole head is affected for a while. It’s what I would describe as an allergy attack, it usually happens to me and last for about 15 to 30 minutes after every hard work out, not cardio, but lifting weights.
  • erinhama
    erinhama Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh!!! This just started happening to me about a month ago. After a hard cardio workout, I start sneezing uncontrollably. My nose will start running and I will have to blow it a couple dozen times. This happens whether I am indoors or outside. It doesn’t seem to become an issue during the workout but comes on within about five minutes of finishing. The full on attack will last about 15-30 minutes but will, on a much smaller scale, continue for several hours after and almost feels like a cold coming on. But, it always clears up and I feel perfectly fine the next day. CRAZY! I’m going to try the histamine blocker as well!!! Thanks for the post and all of the feedback!
  • garystrickland357
    garystrickland357 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I run outside and cycle. Learning to blow a snot rocket is a real skill to develop, lol. The trick is to learn how to not get it on you or the folks around you (think riding in a peloton). Maybe TMI, but hey - you asked...
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    it is very common
    take a histamine blocker prior to intense cardio and you will likely be fine
    here is a brief article

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Anyone care that this thread is 6 yr old, with the occasional bump over the years?

Just asking. :)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Anyone care that this thread is 6 yr old, with the occasional bump over the years?

Just asking. :)

d'oh i'm so good usually about checking the dates :disappointed: