Wtf am I pose' to do with a bunch of grapefruits?

Options
shanae727
shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
So I was given a box of grapefruits and I'm not sure what to do with them. I tried baking them with stevia and cinnamon. Warm grapefruit in my mouth was not so pleasant. I saw a recipe for grapefruit cookies but that just defeats the purpose! :D Any ideas? Recipes to share?

Replies

• verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I'll take them !

I eat them plain, sliced like an orange ......... my husband loves grapefruit but can't have it ...... reacts with some of his medication .......

:drinker:
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of cooking anything with grapefruit. When I was in college, I was on a very tight budget, especially at the end of the semester. One December, I lived on grapefruit and plain yogurt for two meals a day for a few weeks. Grapefruit lasts a long time in the fridge, if you have space. Good luck!
  • teryx123
    teryx123 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Cut the fruit into wedges, and then slice the fruit out of the skin with a sharp paring knife. Cut into bite sized pieces into a bowl. Add a couple of spoons of nonfat greek yogurt (with vanilla). Stir to coat the grapefruit. Sprinkle on some cinnnamon and top with chopped walnuts. :wink:
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I just eat it the way it is. I'll only eat red grapefruit, though. I peel it and remove the outside of the sections so I just get the pulp...very messy, but very yummy. Most people cut them in half and scoop out the pulp with a spoon.
  • madcat_wechanged
    Options
    Eat 'em... one wedge at a time!:wink:
  • Sharkington
    Options
    I have never heard of anyone baking their grapefruit - I am guessing you don't like grapefruit raw, so I am sure juicing them wouldn't be desirable, either.

You can always give them away to people who do like grapefruit.

I wish someone would give me a box of grapefruit. I love those things!
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Eat 'em... one wedge at a time!:wink:

Bingo! Such a brilliant idea!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit Cannon!
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit with green salad.
    Fruit salad with grapefruit.
    Grapefruit in yogurt.
    Baked chicken with grapefruit.
    Baked fish with grapefruit.
    Juice it.
    Eat it Raw
    Make a jam....
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Thanks ya'll! I like them raw I just get tired of the bitterness after so many. I also wanted something creative to do so my family could eat them too!

The Grapefruit cannon was an awesome idea!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Buy some small gift bags and give several people two or three as Christmas gifts.

Donate your excess to a food bank

Juice them and then freeze in small batches. I like to add grapefruit juice to orange juice for a little extra tang.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit salad dressing. Use a touch of honey to cut the acidity. Great on spinach salads.

Also, remove the zest and freeze it. Great on chicken.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Refrigerate and eat them? Sorry but I love those things. Juice them, or cut them up and mix them with sweeter fruit maybe.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit Cannon!

I like this guy! :bigsmile:
  • dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit salad dressing. Use a touch of honey to cut the acidity. Great on spinach salads.

Also, remove the zest and freeze it. Great on chicken.

This.

You can substitute it for oranges in most recipes. I had a grapefruit cake once that was incredible.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Overhead squats
  • bii14
    bii14 Posts: 192
    Options
    EAT EM! as it is. they prove to be some lovely snack for late night food cravings.
    or you can squeeze out some fresh juice with little salt and pepper.
    its delicious both ways.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options