What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    edited March 24
    Options
    About 300gr veg, chicken breast marinated in spices, sambal, yogurt and honey, few tomatoes in oil, and couscous. Served with a big dollop of spiced skyr. Good amount of fibre and 42gr of protein. Rather very low fat if it wasn't for the tomatoes in oil.
    9oifbbsr0k89.jpg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,608 Member
    Options
    Thai deep fried whole seabass with tamarind sauce, salmon tataki/tiradito, stir fried bok choi, thai pomelo salad, brown rice. If you butterfly the fish, it is flat enough that you need less than 300ml of oil to deep fry the whole fish in a wok. I butterfly from the belly side seeing as I buy my fish from the supermarket which has already been gutted via a belly side incision.
    js6haxu9d94h.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    @yirara
    I love your crockery.
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    zeq45ruvtjrx.jpeg
    Big breakfast before errands and the gym: scrambled eggs+egg whites, oatmeal, and tea.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    @yirara
    I love your crockery.

Thanks :) Unfortunately a single item. Had dinner in a hotel room once from this bowl. Went to my work the next day, had dinner around there, returned to hotel, packed stuff, left next morning. Back home I found the bowl, cleaned and all in my suitcase. 😅 I can't even...
  • acpgee
    Options
    Still trying out stuff we ate on vacation in Thailand last December. Gai yang experiment freezing drumsticks in the marinade where defrosting overnight in marinade yielded similar results to marinating overnight. Some very easy streetfood staples. The Thai omelette with minced pork that the hubby often ordered because he would be certain it would not be spicy. Thai stir fried cabbage with garlic and fish sauce and some cucumber salad with ready made sesame dressing. Brown rice.
    05vmjbvaab7f.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Hubby was a little tired of Thai so I defrosted some celeriac soup, vodka sauce and meatballs.
    8fkkzaobkoiz.jpeg
    qyx1yc484eoe.jpeg
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Tonight was air fryer tandoori chicken legs with saag bhaji, lentil masala, and Bucket of Fruit.
    kr9vbldntruy.jpg
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Hubby was a little tired of Thai so I defrosted some celeriac soup ...
    8fkkzaobkoiz.jpeg

celeriac is not too common here. at least in my circles. i just perused a bunch of recipes for celeriac soup ... do you have a sharable one? or recommend one as a "firstie"?
  • acpgee
    Options
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »

celeriac is not too common here. at least in my circles. i just perused a bunch of recipes for celeriac soup ... do you have a sharable one? or recommend one as a "firstie"?

Celeriac in the UK is plentiful and dead cheap all winter. Here is the recipe I use. Instead of cooking chorizo, I just fried off thinly sliced eating chorizo sold as a cold cut like bacon, and drizzled the oil onto the soup and sprinkled in the chorizo. I added some chive instead of fried rosemary for colour. The soup freezes well.

https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/family/celeriac-soup-with-chorizo-oil/
  • acpgee
    Options
    We ate SE Asian again. Nam prik ong is a warm pork and tomato dip for raw veg. Vietnamese cahn soup made with spinach on the side and a little pomelo salad. We hardly touched the rice. I discovered that raw celeriac is not to my taste.
    b32l040br0wa.jpeg

• takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    badnoodle wrote: »
    People post a lot of nice looking food, but I'm keeping it real. Smart Dogs (gross) on keto bread with unmelted mexi blend cheese and a giant pile of plain steamed broccoli. And a grapefruit, because that was a surely a complimentary flavor to the rest of the train wreck. :D:D
    😂
  • takinitalloff
    Options
    @Pleurodelinae27 I had to laugh at “Bird Light.” Too funny.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Friday is the evening the hubby wants to eat out as he is convinced it makes the weekend feel longer. Our bargain neighbourhood sushi place.
  • takinitalloff
    Options
    A bit of food prep:
    Savory protein oats with kale and mushrooms -- I reduced the oats and broth by half to reduce carbs, and will cut them down to 25% next time. (More kale & mushrooms, less oats.) This dish is easy to make, reheats well, and I found it quite delicious. A keeper, for sure! (I added a soft-boiled egg at serving time.)
    0fj60b235lbw.jpg
    dmq1bqe1vl06.jpg