What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Traditional dutch dinner cooked by hubby of new potatoes, poached smoked sausage and sauerkraut is not super photogenic. There's some mustard on the side.
    2o0rfe6otpey.jpeg

Super tasty food though!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,622 Member
    Options
    Dinner out. Sharing starter of lamb scrumpet, smoked mackerel rillette with brown melba's, beetroot and goat cheese salad. My main of porchetta with braised fennel and steamed broccoli.
    k8bhkuhllkt1.jpeg
    9i67s6f5vmhl.jpeg

• acpgee
    Options
    Clean out the fridge lunch. Salad with leftover sesame dressing. Leftover air fryer wings in korean fried chicken sauce from yesterday's lunch.
    19katg30vqnw.jpeg
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Clean out the fridge lunch. Salad with leftover sesame dressing. Leftover air fryer wings in korean fried chicken sauce from yesterday's lunch.
    19katg30vqnw.jpeg

@acpgee can you share your recipe and technique for air fryer wings including cooking temp or setting? I have an airfryer but have never used it due to lack of know how. Those wings look so delicious i just may need to try!
  • Mommytyme
    Mommytyme Posts: 61 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Caesar salad and a Martini with a friend
  • acpgee
    Options
    widgit808 wrote: »

@acpgee can you share your recipe and technique for air fryer wings including cooking temp or setting? I have an airfryer but have never used it due to lack of know how. Those wings look so delicious i just may need to try!

A few hours before cooking or the night before, remove wing tips and reserve for stock making. Separate drummettes and flats by cutting through the joint. This is easiest to do skin side down where you can see a line of fat where the joint is. Dry brine by shaking wings in a plastic bag with salt. I would just add the normal amount of salt you would use but doing this in advance helps tenderize the chicken. I also like to shake a tablespoon of potato starch or cornstarch with the wings to ensure skin is very dry. Leave in the fridge until you ready to cook.

Make the sauce for tossing the wings in after air frying in advance and store in the fridge. This is the korean fried chicken sauce I used but you could use a classic buffalo sauce if you prefer that.
    https://mykoreankitchen.com/korean-fried-chicken/

When you want to eat put a few tablespoons of water into the bottom of the air fryer. This will prevent rendered fat from smoking. Air fry wings 20 minutes at highest setting (mine is 200C) in a single layer, skin side up for the flats, arranging so that the hot air can circulate around the wings. If cooking for more than two people you will have to cook in batches. Give a shake halfway. Check for doneness by cutting into a drummette or checking that a meat thermometer reads at least 72C. In a fresh plastic bag (throw away the bag that was in contact with raw chicken) toss the wings in the sauce. You can now return as much chicken that fits into the air fryer (no need for single layer) to caramelize the sauce for 3-5 minutes on the highest setting. Use your nose. If the sauce is beginning to burn take out the wings from the top layer.

Tip: Line the basket with a piece of silicon mesh to prevent food sticking. There are thin ones sold for lining dim sum steamer baskets. There are larger thicker ones sold to prevent small articles falling through BBQ grates. You can cut them to size with scissors to fit the air fryer.

• PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti (zeroodle's) and meatballs tonight. Home ground beef short rib and pork center cut meat with eggs, little bread crumb, fine grated parmesan regianno, aged Worcestershire sauce, garlic, fresh herbs and spices for the meatballs. And kicked up the spaghetti sauce with a bunch of other ingredients; fresh herbs and spices. Meatballs were first browned in oil then added to sauce to finish cooking through. 😍

esxqwuahdubj.jpg
    kmnaq3gzjp9k.jpg
    975vugyl37e8.jpg
    m4hp2k42z6ae.jpg
    bjwyavvftvs7.jpg

Some views from my 22KM hike on Saturday. Elevation gain of 460 meters. To burn more calories than my own body weight would burn I packed a backpack up with13.5 pounds. Did it completely fasted no food, just electrolytes, pink salt and b12. Hike took 6 hrs. Some spots ropes are needed to get up to the higher elevation look outs. Thighs were roached by the end of it but lungs and heart rate did excellent.

4c9qo349to51.jpg
    vxq52rbh51ef.jpg
    9zpmkyfdcifj.jpg
    iauiqlezripk.jpg
    4ts4xqluxxlw.jpg
    6xvs7l5plw67.jpg
    brjc8l970m1z.jpg

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti (zeroodle's) and meatballs tonight. Home ground beef short rib and pork center cut meat with eggs, little bread crumb, fine grated parmesan regianno, aged Worcestershire sauce, garlic, fresh herbs and spices for the meatballs. And kicked up the spaghetti sauce with a bunch of other ingredients; fresh herbs and spices. Meatballs were first browned in oil then added to sauce to finish cooking through. 😍

esxqwuahdubj.jpg
    kmnaq3gzjp9k.jpg
    975vugyl37e8.jpg
    m4hp2k42z6ae.jpg
    bjwyavvftvs7.jpg

Some views from my 22KM hike on Saturday. Elevation gain of 460 meters. To burn more calories than my own body weight would burn I packed a backpack up with13.5 pounds. Did it completely fasted no food, just electrolytes, pink salt and b12. Hike took 6 hrs. Some spots ropes are needed to get up to the higher elevation look outs. Thighs were roached by the end of it but lungs and heart rate did excellent.

4c9qo349to51.jpg
    vxq52rbh51ef.jpg
    9zpmkyfdcifj.jpg
    iauiqlezripk.jpg
    4ts4xqluxxlw.jpg
    6xvs7l5plw67.jpg
    brjc8l970m1z.jpg

Is this Grouse Mountain?
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Is this Grouse Mountain?

No it's Buntzen Lake. Lake view trail, Bear Claw trail, Saddle Ridge trail and Diez Vistas trail. From the Vistas there's around 5 view points that overlook lakes and the ocean.

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    Is this Grouse Mountain?

No it's Buntzen Lake. Lake view trail, Bear Claw trail, Saddle Ridge trail and Diez Vistas trail. From the Vistas there's around 5 view points that overlook lakes and the ocean.

It sure is BC! You must have had a wonderful day...I'm jealous!
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Options
    It sure is BC! You must have had a wonderful day...I'm jealous!
    You betchya it's beautiful BC :) Yes it was a wonderful day for sure! Thighs were very spent afterwards though but the views were worth it :smile: I have a home on the mainland on a river and a home on one of the Gulf Islands on the ocean. I can't get enough of being with mother nature!! :)
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Buckwheat, grilled romaine salad and smoked chicken half finished on the grill to get the skin crispy.
    sox8dbztj67a.jpg

Google says it will take me 34 days to walk to you.
    I’d walk for this.
    Smoked meatzzzzzzzz
  • acpgee
    Options
    Salad with pear and goat cheese followed by traditional dutch dinner of poached smoked sausage, new potatoes, braised red cabbage and some mustard.
    almelki63qfp.jpeg
    0xy85mnwu7ug.jpeg

• acpgee
    Options
    Salad with chevre and pear. Pan fried sole and air fryer chips.
    5brfu4fbw4nv.jpeg
    oppzx0sblxx0.jpeg

• allisone423
    allisone423 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    4msg604bed7z.jpeg
    Low carbs~green leaf lettuce, fresh veggies, olives with tuna salad on top & balsamic vinaigrette.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Chinese leftovers for breakfast. Egg fried rice and last night's mongolian beef with snow peas.
    y7x1m78ogoea.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Ma po tofu, roast broccoli, asian cucumber salad, rice.
    r5zpeh1ysub8.jpeg