Snowflakes for Sand Hook Elementary School Kids

Options
The Conneticut PTSA is requesting help for the kids who will be returning back to Sand Hook Elementary School.
They are reaching out to the USA for help to make snowflakes to put on the building of the school so when the kids come back after Christmas break the will come back to a Winter Snowflake Building. They said they don't have to be the same be creative, no snowflake is alike. This is a project anybody can do. This is great for kids to do over Christmas Break. They are accepting them till January 12, 2012

Here is the address
Conneticut PTSA
60 Connolly Parkway
Building 12 Suite 103
Hamden, CT 06514

My children are going to be doing this during Christmas break. My school age children do know what happened and asked what could they do. This is something they can do. This is something everybody can do. We all might not have extra cash but we all can make a snowflake. We are also doing this at Cub Scouts and Girl Scouts. Please pass this on. Please put it on your Facebook friends. Have your family do them after or before Christmas Dinner.

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I can drive by Hamden tonight on my way back from work... Thanks for the notice, I'll let people know. Out whole state (and beyond) is really suffering right now.
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Maybe I read it wrong but I thought that they were going to go back to an unused school 7 miles away? Great idea though, thanks for posting.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Just bumping x
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Maybe I read it wrong but I thought that they were going to go back to an unused school 7 miles away? Great idea though, thanks for posting.

I hope they don't have to return to that same school.....
  • SBerrio
    SBerrio Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS!
    I HAVE PRINTED THIS OUT AND PASSED ALONG TO MY FRIENDS AND COWORKERS.
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    A friend who is a PTA President sent out the notice.. All I know they are requesting Snowflakes. I don't know what school they will be doing it they just are requesting the Snowflakes. It is also on the internet if you want to google it for more information. I am just trying to get the word out. I know people from all over the world will show their support. Thanks.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    What kind of snowlfakes? For inside the school or outside? So many options. Could be styrofoam or maybe posterboard, construction paper. My daughter and I will have some arts and crafts to keep us busy next week!!! Great idea!
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I can drive by Hamden tonight on my way back from work... Thanks for the notice, I'll let people know. Out whole state (and beyond) is really suffering right now.

Right down the street from me - I'll get on this for sure.

And those wondering - they are not going back to the school but several classes will be spread out at different locations.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    Please don't be upset for my error. This is for the students of Sand Hook. This is just hard for everybody. I didn't mean they would be returning to the school. Just wanting to put the post out. Thanks
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting.

I think my kids would like to do this also.
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    It doesn't matter what kind of snowflake.
  • samanthawarren
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I will have my kids make some while on vacation. We can drop them off when we get back.
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    It wasn't really specific. They said the kids will be coming back to a whole school decorated with snowflakes. It wasn't specific about inside or out. But I imagine it will be both. I am sure there will be more information to come but any snowflake will help.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Kids and I are doing this during break.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    BUMP. I love the idea of this...I know the kids will appreciate it. I've got a lot of felt and beads around so I'll get creative with those.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    According to this, the students are not returning to the same school, but the CT PTA wants to decorate the school they will be going to like a "winter wonderland".

http://news.fredericksburg.com/chalkboard/2012/12/18/send-snowflakes-to-sandy-hook/

http://ridgefield.patch.com/articles/ptas-organize-sandy-hook-drive-for-snowflakes-funds

Thank you for posting this. I would love to make snowflakes with my stepchildren for this school.
  • juliepoe208
    juliepoe208 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, I actually sent this to my son's elementary school principal and 3rd grade teacher to see if they can make it a project (here in Virginia) and send it to them in time for Christmas. All of us here in King George are thinking of them and praying for them. We will get what we can together.
    Thanks,
    Julie, King George, VA