Snowflakes for Sand Hook Elementary School Kids

Options

Replies

• fattypattybinger
    Options
    Thanks everybody for help with this topic.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    What an amazing thing to do! Bump!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Love this! I'll do something...I'm in Michigan, but I've had so much trouble sending my boys to school every day. I can't help but look at their pictures every day and crying for their loss. I'd love to do some snowflakes for them.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I really want for me and my kids to do this!! your talking about snowflakes from felt or paper , right? I keep thinking that this could happen at my kids school, and every time I put them on the bus I hug them and tell them I love them because im thinking, what if? I hate thinking so negativly. I will be doing this , thank you so much !
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Bump...I love this!

My husband will be so excited to be able to make some more Star Wars snowflakes...especially for this cause! (I'll make some of the non-geek variety :wink: )

♥♥♥
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Craft stores (and Walmart) have foam paper project kits and I've even seen Snowflake/Snowmen cut outs that can be used with glitter glue and all kinds of things. That's what we'll make! I'm really excited about this!!!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Bump....saving address
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    I would make any kind of snowflake you want. We are going to use any material we can find. Empty Milk gallons, Empty 2 liter bottles. My 9 year old also said she can use a Capri Sun pouch and cut it up. We like to recycle. So just imagine what you can use.
    Lots of dollar stores right know have lots of glitter glue in stock. You could also use any Christmas Cards you have received also. We are going to cut them up after Christmas Dinner. We are also going to use our wrapping paper after we unwrap our presents. We always have paper plates around as well. I hope these suggestions help. I would also appreciate any ideas as well.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    Me too. I have a lot of friends who would do this and will probably share it with others as well.

I would make any kind of snowflake you want. We are going to use any material we can find. Empty Milk gallons, Empty 2 liter bottles. My 9 year old also said she can use a Capri Sun pouch and cut it up. We like to recycle. So just imagine what you can use.
    Putting out recycling tonight, so I might have to raid it and see if there's anything good in there to use. Brilliant idea!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Bump. What a great idea.
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!
  • janicemitchellcross
    Options
    Bump
  • luv2bfitandhealthy
    Options
    Bump
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing it =]
    I just passed it on at work too so hopefully others will too!
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nixxy74
    nixxy74 Posts: 106
    Options
    my work collegues are all norther irish and have to daily put up with threats of violence....so we are all sending a snowflake from northern ireland!
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!

They are going to an unused school in the next Town. Not sure when they are returning to school yet though.