6 months....30 pounds lighter....wearing a SIZE 6!!!!

Options
Not gonna do a long, drawn-out sob story about my issues. Started out at 175 wearing size 13, large, and extra large. When we went on the cruise from Dec 13-17 to celebrate my accomplishment(s), I had to buy all new clothes. My shorts were a size 6 (haven't seen a size 6 since I was 13 and I'm 40 now), one dress was a size 6-8, the others were a small/medium, my tops were medium or small. Needless to say, my eating habits/nutrition (I don't diet and I eat whatever the heck i want, including sweet potato 5 days in a row AND I drink wine and mixed drinks on occasion) have improved 100% from the beginning and my training program is working wonders FOR ME! The mixture of cardio, calisthenics, and lifting weights/strength training is doing wonders for my body (and mind) and I am totally loving this journey because it's PERMANENT!!!!!

Here's a brief synopsis of what I have done over the last six months:

June 3: Took before pics
June 4: Started Insanity and wanted to quit the same day but I kept going
August 30: Finished Insanity after two knee setbacks from a pinched nerve
August 31: Received my state of the art elliptical trainer and started working out on that
September 10: Started P90x and was still using my elliptical
October 20: Stopped doing P90x (too slow, too corny, and some of the moves was seriously aggravating my knee issues, like the Legs & Back set)...kept working out on the elliptical and doing other stuff like squats, jumping jacks, speed walking (all of this while wearing a 10-20# vest)
Novemberish: Added running to the mix while wearing a full sauna suit and also started lifting using my free weights with a dedicated program (I have a 250# weight bench set with olympic bar at home but I'm not interested in using it at this time...not part of the game plan just yet)
November 23: Had to stop running for a few weeks due to right knee pain but kept up with the elliptical
December 5: Threw in a high intensity calisthenic program that incorporates heavy jump roping 5 days a week
January 2: Starting back running in full preparation for a half marathon (my first and the ultimate test of my abilities, strength, and endurance)

The result of all of the above, with a 30 pound weight loss and a total of 16 inches lost across the chest (not the bust), waist, hips, and thighs are below:

BeforeAfterSideShotB_zpscc4d5555.jpg
BeforeAfterWorkoutClothesB_zps3525ae3c.jpg
BeforeAfterBackShotB_zps6d489dfa.jpg
BeforeAfterSize6B_zps052f5949.jpg
BeforeAfterShotB_zpsf0b839dd.jpg
BeforeAfterNorfolkB_zpsed426dbd.jpg
BeforeAfterEricaBishopB_zpsc1b414ac.jpg
BeforeAfterEricaB_zps1b8aaacc.jpg
BeforeAfterFrontShotB_zpsad25a256.jpg

These are just a few pics that I wanted to show to highlight my progress because I worked my butt off to get to this point. I still have 10 pounds to go to be at my ultimate goal weight. Once there, I will work on another 10 for my ultimate racing weight of 125. When not training, I will maintain at 135.

:flowerforyou:
~Erica

Edited: So now I gotta re-edit the pics cuz the after shots are cut off....give me a few minutes....UGGGHHHH!!!!! Sooooo, I'm STILL working on the re-sizing and the pics are still coming up too large on here. Help??? I hate html and coding!!!!

Replies

• Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress! You look fantastic!
  • Chessie24
    Options
    Oh yes resize them! I can't wait to see your after shots, great job girl :)
  • deltalbarbie
    Options
    Bump for Thinspiration :-)
  • serasv
    serasv Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    You look awesome (I copied the image paths into a browser so I could see the full pictures)
    Congratulations on your loss so far. And very nice way to celebrate your loss!!

PS- Cute outfits!!
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    Thank you Ladies. All of the after-pics were taken between December 12-19. :-)
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a job well done!!! You look amazing!!!!
  • angeliqueann
    angeliqueann Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    amazing!
  • mstissa02
    mstissa02 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! Awesome pictures of before & after!
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Epic Journey sweetie & great chronicle !! You look Fabulous!
  • sunraew
    sunraew Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! You look amazing!!!!
  • Evoken
    Evoken Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You look amazing..
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    What a difference 30lbs makes, great job!
  • Kurls4Daze
    Kurls4Daze Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK AMAZING !!! CONGRATS ON YOUR SUCCESS!!!!
    Not gonna do a long, drawn-out sob story about my issues. Started out at 175 wearing size 13, large, and extra large. When we went on the cruise from Dec 13-17 to celebrate my accomplishment(s), I had to buy all new clothes. My shorts were a size 6 (haven't seen a size 6 since I was 13 and I'm 40 now), one dress was a size 6-8, the others were a small/medium, my tops were medium or small. Needless to say, my eating habits/nutrition (I don't diet and I eat whatever the heck i want, including sweet potato 5 days in a row AND I drink wine and mixed drinks on occasion) have improved 100% from the beginning and my training program is working wonders FOR ME! The mixture of cardio, calisthenics, and lifting weights/strength training is doing wonders for my body (and mind) and I am totally loving this journey because it's PERMANENT!!!!!

Here's a brief synopsis of what I have done over the last six months:

June 3: Took before pics
    June 4: Started Insanity and wanted to quit the same day but I kept going
    August 30: Finished Insanity after two knee setbacks from a pinched nerve
    August 31: Received my state of the art elliptical trainer and started working out on that
    September 10: Started P90x and was still using my elliptical
    October 20: Stopped doing P90x (too slow, too corny, and some of the moves was seriously aggravating my knee issues, like the Legs & Back set)...kept working out on the elliptical and doing other stuff like squats, jumping jacks, speed walking (all of this while wearing a 10-20# vest)
    Novemberish: Added running to the mix while wearing a full sauna suit and also started lifting using my free weights with a dedicated program (I have a 250# weight bench set with olympic bar at home but I'm not interested in using it at this time...not part of the game plan just yet)
    November 23: Had to stop running for a few weeks due to right knee pain but kept up with the elliptical
    December 5: Threw in a high intensity calisthenic program that incorporates heavy jump roping 5 days a week
    January 2: Starting back running in full preparation for a half marathon (my first and the ultimate test of my abilities, strength, and endurance)

The result of all of the above, with a 30 pound weight loss and a total of 16 inches lost across the chest (not the bust), waist, hips, and thighs are below:

BeforeAfterSideShotB_zpscc4d5555.jpg
    BeforeAfterWorkoutClothesB_zps3525ae3c.jpg
    BeforeAfterBackShotB_zps6d489dfa.jpg
    BeforeAfterSize6B_zps052f5949.jpg
    BeforeAfterShotB_zpsf0b839dd.jpg
    BeforeAfterNorfolkB_zpsed426dbd.jpg
    BeforeAfterEricaBishopB_zpsc1b414ac.jpg
    BeforeAfterEricaB_zps1b8aaacc.jpg
    BeforeAfterFrontShotB_zpsad25a256.jpg

These are just a few pics that I wanted to show to highlight my progress because I worked my butt off to get to this point. I still have 10 pounds to go to be at my ultimate goal weight. Once there, I will work on another 10 for my ultimate racing weight of 125. When not training, I will maintain at 135.

:flowerforyou:
    ~Erica

Edited: So now I gotta re-edit the pics cuz the after shots are cut off....give me a few minutes....UGGGHHHH!!!!! Sooooo, I'm STILL working on the re-sizing and the pics are still coming up too large on here. Help??? I hate html and coding!!!!
  • dawnreid2012
    dawnreid2012 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    First of all you are drop dead gorgeous no matter what size you are!! And second of all Congrats onthe weight loss! You look great!
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing I started with insanity then stated running (did 2 half marathons) and am now doing p90x. Love your story!
  • Inkchick
    Options
    Well done!! You should be EXTREMELY proud of your hard work, you look amazing!
  • mercymarque
    Options
    U look amazing. I gonna wear my sauna suit tomorrow. I don't want to get out of hand for the holidays. Great job. U have inspired me. Thanks for sharing not only the pics but what u did.
  • slshaw23
    slshaw23 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    you look GREAT! Great Job!
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    Here's another before/after pic:

BeforeAfter121512BB_zpse24b3327.jpg
    I went skydiving on my birthday (40). :-)

If you want to see the captions on the pics (they tell a story about the individual pics), you need to go to my profile on photobucket:

http://s1324.beta.photobucket.com/user/mzedavis/library/
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!