QUESTION about womens' jeans sizing

Options
tnqnt
tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
OK....so I don't understand pants sizing.......here I thought I was a size 6, which are now easy, somewhat loose fit, so I figured, what the heck, I tried on what I thought was a size 4, and they fit......then I looked at them and they were DKNY size 2 ... SIZE TWO jeans...TWO..... huh? How the he// did I fit into a size 2? Comfortably and easily..... do DKNY jeans run large, was this a fluke... or what? I am very confused!

Replies

• darleyschroeder
    Options
    Different brands run differently. The best way to tell is with measurements.
    I personally like to stick to 1 brand, that way I know for sure if I am going down.
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Women's sizes are notoriously inaccurate. I wear anything between a 16 to 18. Levi 550s 16s are loose, but the 14s give me 'muffin top.' Retarded to say the least.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    One thing I have noticed with Lee jeans is that the darker the color, the snugger the fit. Size 8 in light blue and I am swimming. Size 8 in dark blue and I am passable. I have two pairs of size 6, the light blue is a bit big, the dark blue is a bit snug. Could it be management of production lines? The person in charge of light blue is more quality concious and the person in charge of dark blue is all about cutting corners? I don't know, but it's infuriating.:explode:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    There's differences between brands, and a big difference between "juniors" and "misses". And if your a size 2, awesome. Own that.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I can not tell you how often I see someone say they are the same size as me...and I think "No, freakin way!". It all depends on the brand.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Not only is there a difference between brands, there is between styles in the same brand and sometimes between the same exact jeans. I have jeans from 12 to 18 and the 12's fit as comfortably as the 14's, 16's and 18's. All different brands.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    If you want to know if you are going down in size stick to one brand and one style.

I have found I wear different sizes based on the brand and the style of the jeans. My favourite jeans are Bluenotes and depending on their styles I can wear anything from a 32 -36. Some other brands are anything from a 13-17, 12-18... I hate women's jeans. I'm jealous of my husband who knows the size he needs and any brand does the trick.
  • Marie31450
    Marie31450 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I agree...it's downright infuriating! I vary from a twelve to a fourteen depending on the brand! I'd give anything to be a two! And what the hell is a size zero? Lol...anyway I thing all designers should follow a standard line of measure for every size so if you wear a size two or a sixteen..that's your size no matter what brand you choose!
  • tnqnt
    Options
    Its really annoying for sure! So I suppose it is easiest to just take size 4 and adjust as necessary. Also, what is the primary difference between juniors (odd sizes) and Misses (even sizes)?
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I wear different sizes from a size 4 to a 10 depending on the store/brand, I even have a size 2 in one brand and I am not a size 2 at 5'9" and 145 lbs. Even shoes vary, I can wear a 9, 9.5, or 10.
  • tnqnt
    Options
    Shoes, too, you are right! I range from 9-10 in shoes.... :)
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I believe the diffrence between Jr.s and Ms.s is that the jr.s are cut a little bit narrower with a slightly shorter rise. Basically jrs. are usually cut to allow for the less developed curves.
  • MizManda180
    MizManda180 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It is called vanity sizing. The more expensive the Jean, the smaller the number, so your size 6 is a size 2 in that brand... people feel better about being a smaller size and buy more clothes.
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    It is called vanity sizing. The more expensive the Jean, the smaller the number, so your size 6 is a size 2 in that brand... people feel better about being a smaller size and buy more clothes.

Makes sense....Now I want to go to an expensive named-brand store to see if I can squeeze into a 6 :laugh:
  • boopskers
    boopskers Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Even same brand same style changes from year to year. I just bought 0s that fit almost just like the 2s of the same pants (Express Editor slacks) already in my closet from 5 years ago.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I wear an 8 in abercrombie and Fitch skinny jeans but a 10 for Lee skinny jeans. It all depends on the designer / brand.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    I believe the diffrence between Jr.s and Ms.s is that the jr.s are cut a little bit narrower with a slightly shorter rise. Basically jrs. are usually cut to allow for the less developed curves.

i was just going to ask that, as i didn't really now what the difference was as i seem to be a 0-2 in misses/ womens but a 3 in juniors...
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't wish this sizing disaster on anyone. Glad I'm a man sometimes.
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Just enjoy the fact that you are a size 2
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!