Starting insanity!!

Options
Hi!

Anyone starting insanity soon? I will receive my videos by Saturday 12/22 . I have 50 lbs to lose. I am new to MFP. I can use some support.

I am 31years old (female). 5'2" and weight 182lbs

Replies

• sailorbacon
    sailorbacon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello! :smile: As I write this, I'm covered in the sweat from my Insanity workout, :laugh: . I started this past Sunday, so the 22nd will be my first rest day but feel free to add me anyway.

Stats:
    5'3"
    CW: 155

Oh! ETA: I'm trying to lose another 35-40ish pounds (I have already lost 20+ pounds). With Insanity, I plan to lose at least 15-20 in the next two months.
  • Kripz
    Kripz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello there...

I started insanity on the 7th Dec '12... Just finished my second week... Haven't lost any weigh so far but in fact gained about 2 kg... I guess it's water weight etc as I read a few reviews online ... Am currently 71.3 kg and hope to be close to 60kg by end of the program..
  • nm36424
    nm36424 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    My GW is 127 lbs but I am not trying to get there with 1 round of insanity. I have no idea what will insanity do to me but I am taking this challenge and we will see. I love before and after photos with the success stories. It inspires me.
  • eihab71
    eihab71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am starting Monday 31st to get into shape for summer..I need some motivation..I have completed P90X end of November but just trying out a few of the insanity workouts...it is totally on a different levels...Can we do daily check ins on here?
  • chrissygehring
    Options
    Hi! I actually started insanity the same day as you and will have the rest day on the 22nd as well. I really enjoy the workout and feel myself getting stronger. I am afraid to wiegh myself and get discouraged. I am in the 165-173 range i think and am only worry about the inches. Ive been eating pretty healthy and under my calories so hopefully we can do this journey together!
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 of Insanity! I love it! Good luck! Just stick with it, it can be rough some days! Lol
  • chrissygehring
    Options
    I'm on week 3 of Insanity! I love it! Good luck! Just stick with it, it can be rough some days! Lol

How many inches have you lost?? what does your diet consist of? keep it up!!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I just started on Monday and it's a tough workout for sure. I'm sweating after the warm-up. Rest day was obviously supposed to be on Sunday but we skipped yesterday (still did a workout though) which makes the scheduled rest day Monday which works out perfect for us. Also there's going to be a few days next month that might be skipped too. Not too concerned about it.

My stats:

5'2"
    117.5 lbs (as of Monday when I started)
    GW- is between 107 and 110

My goal is to drop some lbs and fat and lose some inches. I do plan on hitting the gym to do my weights too but not sure if that will actually work or if I'll burn myself out. Any way, it's really tough but I'm enjoying it so far.
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I just finished INSANITY, I lost more than 20 lbs (I was also on a caloric restriction). I'm 5'2" too. You won't be able to keep up with everything, just grab a drink when you need it and jump back in as soon as you can. You'll get out of it what you put into it.
  • curleegirl68
    curleegirl68 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I ordered it last friday and am waiting to get it. I'm finishing up on Hip Hop Abs, I need a little umph so that is why I'm starting insanity. next week. Would love to hear everyone's progress and tribulations. :flowerforyou:
  • kimby1119
    kimby1119 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started it on Monday as well. I think it's great and hope to see results from it! Working out 6 days a weeks has to do something, right? Following a low calorie diet to go along with it. I'm sore today but ready to workout again! I have a feeling it can become addictive!

I wear a heart rate monitor to track my calorie burn. Supposedly, you can burn up to 1,000 calories per workout. Gotta be working extra hard to reach that, but that's the beauty of the program! You get to push yourself according to your fitness level. My goal each time - sweat profusely! Then I know I'm doing something! :laugh:

Good luck with it!
  • tracybewick
    Options
    Hi, I did insanity last summer and was in the best shape of my life. My fitness levels increased and I was a lot more toned, however after a holiday and ill health that has all gone :-(

I plan to start insanity again mon 7th Jan so if anyone wants to start that day with me we can support each other through the sweat and tears lol

Tracy xx
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Looking for insanity buddies!!!!
  • nurn08
    nurn08 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just started insanity on 12/26, certainly a tough workout! I have about 30lbs to lose and am 5`2. Will check in with progress! I haven't taken any measurements though so should probably do that and not depend on the scale.
  • stupxdgxrl
    stupxdgxrl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi ! Your going to have a lot of fun with Insanity :)

I am into month 2 now and loving it.

Anyone looking for support/motivation feel free to add me. =)
  • cholderer
    cholderer Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 16 of Insanity and I'm in maintance mode at the moment but I definitely feel a lot stronger and am getting more defined even in this holiday time (where I ate a lot of food) and I'm only 16 days in!
    So you will definitely see results and I highly recommend it!
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 5.. After a couple of setbacks I'm back at it! Good luck. Feel free to add me for support and motivation!
  • mturner4515
    mturner4515 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a couple weeks into Insanity. I am doing this program after finishing Turbofire and Chalene Extreme. Insanity is something else though and I really like it. For those who have a bit of experience, has anyone else had lower back problems, specifically after doing the Plyometric Cardio Circuit? I have a feeling my form is failing somewhere along the way and wondered if anyone else has had the same issue and been able to pinpoint the problem. Thanks!!
  • KarateChicky
    KarateChicky Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I just finished day 50 of Insanity and am going strong! I'm not losing the weight I would have liked to have lost, but the inches lost is quite visible... Be sure to take tons of before pictures. This way, if you're like me and not losing weight, you can look at the pics. If I didn't have the progress pics, I would have been completely pissed off! I will be starting a round 2 in the middle of January. :)
    Good luck!
    Sandy
  • KarateChicky
    KarateChicky Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! I have lower back issues to begin with... I think I found out what I was doing wrong. While doing the suicides, I wasn't putting my hand on my knee for support while the other hand was touching the ground. Once I realized that I wasn't doing that, I corrected it and my back pain has stopped. I'm at day 50 and going strong! Keep going.... do what you can!
    Sandy