Starting insanity!!

Options

Replies

• lukester19
    lukester19 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2 and do the program with a friend. He has received great benefits and has lost five pounds. I am trying to maintain weight and find that is has leaned me up a bit more.
  • Baileygina
    Options
    Hi all, I'm new and hope to start Insanity tomorrow. I am 43 yrs old, 5'3 and 155. Ugh! I am a working Mom to 3 little boys. I was always fit and exercised regularly in my 20's and early 30's. but after my 3rd child, i became sedentary. my energy has disappeared the past couple of years. I've done Jenny Craig a few times the past two years, and lost and regained 10-15 lbs each time. I want to be healthy and full of energy again. I am looking for buddies to stay accountable!
  • Baileygina
    Options
    Hi, did you start your insanity program yet? I am new also and have been staring at the DVDs for months. I'm ready to start. I am a 43 year old working mom to 3 little boys. I am exhausted! I used to workout ALL the time and want to be health again! I want to lose 20 lbs for a spring anniversary trip to Mexico...would love a virtual workout buddy.
  • whittlelauraann
    Options
    Hi I just got this set for Christmas and want to start it sometime in the next week or so. I was thinking January 1st but may start this weekend if I get the opportunity.

I am 5'7" 181 lbs
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 of Insanity. My schedule got a little screwed up because of the holidays and an unscheduled rest day but I've been consistent. I love how tough it is. I'm going to do my weight and measurements again on Monday.
  • sempervan75
    Options
    Ive done insanity once and am starting again 1/3/13. I saw your post about how you were doing Insanity. I was just wondering if you were interested in joining our online support group on Facebook to keep us all accountable and share nutrition/physical tips? We actually just had several members today discuss how they use fitness pal along with Insanity to achieve their goals. We are filling up our January group, a lot of new years resolutions :-), so if you are interested and on Facebook, feel free to send me a friend request. www.FB.com/mistervantastic

Look'n forward to see ya with us!
    Van
  • MN_Runner2012
    Options
    I am in week two of Insanity. OMG - it is kicking my butt! I "thought" I was in decent cardiovascular shape, but I guess not.

Today I lifted, ran, then did Insanity and I wanted to die afterwards.

My only complaint is that Shaun T always waits until the last 10 minutes of each workout to remove his shirt. Doesn't he realize he could generate more motivation by doing this much sooner in the workout?
  • aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Starting the second month of insanity on Monday, I LOVE it, I definitely see a difference in my strength, endurance and intensity, hope you all enjoy it as well
  • nurn08
    nurn08 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Today is day 6 for me so my last workout of week 1! I am definitely loving the intensity of the workouts. Unfortunately I have not taken measurements or pictures yet but am down 2lbs. Def need to take measurements/pics soon as I know others have said they lost lots of inches but not necessarily so much on the scale. Looking forward to seeing changes!!
  • GatorGirl0890
    GatorGirl0890 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Have fun! I really like it.

Don't be discouraged if you can't do everything the way they do it in the video. I've done Month 1 twice and am in fairly decent shape, and I still have to water down some of the moves a bit in order to not go into cardiac arrest.
  • Yamgirl1
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm starting Insanity tomorrow. When I was 200lbs 5' 4" I was wicked upset with myself. I did P90X and watched my diet and did extra running. I lost 58 lbs! I was 143lbs just intime for my wedding. i'm back up to 174lbs now and INsanity is alot of cardio so if P90X did that to me I could only imagin what Insanity can do. Just remember to dig deep!!! You can do it! :)
  • nurn08
    Options
    Wow congrats on completed P90X and losing all that weight. Goodluck with insanity tomorrow :-). Tomorrow I am working a 12hour shift (im a nurse) and then have to come home and do insanity.....we shall see how that goes!
  • Shannenelaine
    Shannenelaine Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

My stats:

Female
    5'4"
    a whopping 199lbs!

I started insanity today and let me tell you I was sweating buckets from the fit test. I'm trying to lose 50lbs total (hopefully before my 31st birthday in May) and I'm going on a cruise next month so I'd like to kick some lbs off before that.

I used to work in the ER, so I was on my feet all day. Now I have a desk job and have gained like 15-20 lbs in 6 months! The plus side is now I'm doing 8hr days (instead of 12) so I actually have time to work out.

Anyone want to be my virtual workout partner?:-)
  • zena92
    zena92 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    BUMP

just finished day number 2...i HATED the first day and wasnt looking looking forward to it at all, but after doing day number 2 I can kind of see myself getting addicted to it lol
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I have done it and LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the results, I only lost about 6kgs (12lbs) all in total but I totally went down 2 dress sizes, I'm starting again today but I'm going to do it 3 times a week. I want it to be a little more sustainable and it's a work out I really enjoy. So GOOD LUCK:drinker:

Add me if you like :smile:
  • nurn08
    Options
    The couple of lbs I lost within the first week is back, feeling kind of discouraged :-( but know that I have to stick with it.
  • zena92
    zena92 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    just finished day 4 and im drenched in sweat...such a good work out but I worry sometimes that I wont see ANY results (just my luck!) but I figure...what are the odds of every single other person seeing results and not me??, so i'm going to stick with it :D
    just got to wait and see I guess..
  • kandisteiner
    Options
    Yes, just stick with it! I have done Insanity a few times and always see results. Keep in mind you will probably gain weight because you are gaining muscle and shredding fat. What you should be looking at is your measurements and just overall body tone. Take pictures and compare them to help you keep motivated. :) Good luck!
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Fit test yesterday, day 1 tonight.

Not looking forward to it, but determined!
  • Anh3s
    Anh3s Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Looking for a workout partner! I have done one round, lost 50 lbs and 12.5 inches and was back down to pre-pregnancy weight of 140.. Unfortunately I did not do maintenance and have gotten sedentary again and am back to 195 (27y.o., 5'4"). I need to lose at least 50 again by summer for my wedding but ultimate goal is 60 lbs. I'm not going to quit after 60 days this time though.