Score on Shiritaki noodles!

Options
2»

Replies

• Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Stdavis53: Thank you for passing along the website! Unfortunately I have no tried and true Shirataki recipes to relay as yet, I haven't experimented with them beyond a few Italian dishes; however, I did stumble across these recipes, complete with photos (hover over the images to reveal the recipe URL): http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/28/shirataki-noodle-recipes_n_1919696.html#slide=1575429

Check out my post on here *Vietnamese Seafood Pho*

One of my favorite things i've made so far with the Shiritaki noodles. There is also a recipe floating around for Pad Thai using them that i've tried.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Anyone from Canada know where I can find Shiritaki noodles?
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Pricesmart, Safeway and Save On Foods all carry them in the salad section.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options

None of these stores are near me in Ontario, but thank you very much all the same. :) I managed ot find them at a local health foods store. Glad I went in there....they have tons of great stuff!
  • Stdavis53
    Options

None of these stores are near me in Ontario, but thank you very much all the same. :) I managed ot find them at a local health foods store. Glad I went in there....they have tons of great stuff!

It was the same for me here in Montana. None of our major stores carried them, but we have a specialty/organic/health food store that had them. So much amazing stuff in there.
  • suzywantsitall
    suzywantsitall Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Made a Fantastic Chicken Alfredo, 1 bag of House Foods Shirataki tofu, (40 cal), 1/2 jar of Walden Farms Alfredo Sauce ( 0 Calories), 3 oz of cooked chicken strips or pieces, 1/2 cup cooked peas, 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms. Dry fried Shirataki, then just added everything else and warmed completely. Makes two meals, 1 serving is alot. And only about 230 caloreis.
    Just remeber to rinse and dry well and you can use these wonder "noodles" for lots of different recipes.
  • Stdavis53
    Options
    Sounds good! I will definitely have to give that a try.
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    Just discovered these. Today I had the Miracle Noodles (garlic and herb) with some scrambled eggs, ham, and olive oil. They were very good. I was surprised, I thought they'd be mushy, but they were quite el dente and held together very well.

They did smell a little funny, but i drained them in a sieve and then fried them in a little olive oil then added the cooked eggs and ham. It was awesome. Huge plateful! my whole meal was 270 cals (lots of ham and egg). The total cal on the package of noodles was 30 cals!!

I read that if you dry fry them after straining, then it gets the excess water out. I bought several other kinds to try. Different brands. I can't wait to try them out.

I am from ontario canada and found them at a health food store. I haven't tried the larger grocery stores, but i bet they are there too.
  • animalgurl000
    animalgurl000 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Longo's! and also Sobey's
  • jaredpinney
    jaredpinney Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    if u could tell me the website thad be great!