What is your motivation of losing weight?

Options
when I decide to lose weight, the diffcult part is that i can not persist regular exercise for a long time.Maybe my motivation isn't strong enough.I found an interesting video about the special motivation.I want to share this with everybody here.:blushing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhuQXiDakvI

Replies

• Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    My motivation FOR losing weight is me! My quality and longevity of life, and the type of rolemodel I want to be for my kids.

I like to think of it this way:

'You can get inspiration from others, but motivation has to come from within!'
  • BobSassafrass
    BobSassafrass Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My motivation is a combination of things, but for the most part: women.
  • priyamarie
    Options
    I have a lot of different motivation, but one thing that helped me through the first week was Diet Coach app on Android. It just has little quotes and advice for any situation, like emotional eating, boredom, craving sweets, exercise laziness, and those quotes really helped me get off my butt and start working out. Also I took pictures of my body and look at those when I feel like giving up. All that fat isn't gone yet, so I'm not done!
  • CelebrateLife
    CelebrateLife Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    To Lead a Healthier Lifestyle
    Have Great Health throughout my Entire Life
    (well into my Golden Years)
    Improve the Quality of my Life - Increase Longevity
    To Look my Best & Feel my Best
    Being able to Wear Anything I Desire ....
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Holiday in March, want to go by the pool and not be self conscious for the first time in a long time.
  • sophasaurusxx
    Options
    My motivation for losing weight, is the skinny clothes i see when i go out shopping. Im so jealous of people who can fit in a small size and look amazing, and i want to be one of them people.. When i achieve my goal, i will be looking back at what i looked like when i was huge and ill be proud of all the effort ive put in to achieve that :smile:

I cant wait for that day to arrive!
  • larsfromars
    larsfromars Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    High blood pressure, Diabetes, and being 46 and waking up in the morning feeling 66. After 2 weeks of healthy eating, getting
    on the scale and losing 6 lbs...which made me realize I didn't have to starve myself to drop weight....I felt like I had found the keys
    to the Kingdom !!!!:laugh:
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be healthy for my kids, but I'll admit I also wanted to be "hot" :wink:
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    To stay healthy for my kids as well, to have more flexibility, mobility, and stamina in my martial arts training, and to feel comfortable taking my shirt off at the beach.
  • pouncepet
    pouncepet Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Good reasons: Better Overall Health, Disease Prevention, Longevity & Quality of Life

Practical reasons: More (and often cheaper) options for clothes, save money in the long run by having maintained health, fit into seats comfortably, not concern myself about fitting into spaces or move past people because Im large and awkward, able to take part in athletic activities, want to be light enough so when I take up dance I can be lifted by partners, feel comfortable in my high heels for longer periods.

Shallow reasons: Want to be the hottest women where I am, be sexy, look mind blowingly f**kable naked, have photos that are lovely and gorgeous, have even better sex

Thats most of them I think :D
  • fwilson1031
    Options
    Everyone does it for different reasons. One person's idea of a shallow reason may be an important reason for someone else. To each their own. Whatever your reason, good luck!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    I want to look sexy again!!!
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I have all the mortivation and still am not losing, hopefully my body will give in, up 5 pounds in water weight again ugh...but seriously I have five kids and my family is predisposed to weight related issues, so I want to be as healthy as I can for my kids and family so I can be around for the long run.
  • Oblivion13
    Options
    I wanted to be healthy for my kids, but I'll admit I also wanted to be "hot" :wink:

Exactly...lol
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    It was the one thing I could work on fixing when nothing else was possible. It still is. I want to get it out of the way, get as healthy as possible, then tackle everything else that is completely effed up in my life.

Besides, I fully expect to end up homeless at some point during my odyssey, in some far off country somewhere. And I figure it's much safer to be a skinny homeless woman than a fat one, because it's harder to run away from danger when you're fat!
  • Sweet_Pea0107
    Options
    Health! Plain and simple. I am against losing weight for any vanity reason as I find it to be a sign of weakness.
  • sesquive
    sesquive Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good reasons: Better Overall Health, Disease Prevention, Longevity & Quality of Life

Practical reasons: More (and often cheaper) options for clothes, save money in the long run by having maintained health, fit into seats comfortably, not concern myself about fitting into spaces or move past people because Im large and awkward, able to take part in athletic activities, want to be light enough so when I take up dance I can be lifted by partners, feel comfortable in my high heels for longer periods.

Shallow reasons: Want to be the hottest women where I am, be sexy, look mind blowingly f**kable naked, have photos that are lovely and gorgeous, have even better sex

Thats most of them I think :D

What she said.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Didnt want to have a heart attack :) or diabetes
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    My main motivation is kids. I want to live a long healthy life for them.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    not being fat is pretty much all the motivation I need.

plus, looking good naked has it's benefits.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!