What is your motivation of losing weight?

Options

Replies

• pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    My mobility was severley impaired, so to increase mobility, to be a healthy weight, to fit in an airline seat, theater seat, booth in a restaurant, any damn chair I want to sit in, to be able to shop in regular stores, to get off my high blood pressure meds, to wear heels again, to be able to look good in the sexy underwear I buy, to enjoy my life and do the things I want to without feeling awkward, out of place, or just too damn tired to do it.
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I had to lose the weight in order to enlist in the United States Marine Corps. I first step foot in the office weighing in at 215 lbs. The first thing my recruiter told me I had to do before even sitting down and talking to him was to lose weight.

I did just that. After months of training and dieting, I stepped back into the office weighing in at 154 lbs. I enlisted. I leave in January of 2013 for boot camp.

Semper Fi.

Congrats! and thank you for your service. Are you doing basic in San Diego or Paris Island?
  • daffyduck2012
    Options
    health
    looks
    to be know as the thin girl for ONCE.....
    and all that jazz :bigsmile:
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Mainly as part of plan to change who I am.

And since started have signed up for tough mudder, so also to beat that
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Like for many others, it was a combination of things that got me motivated to lose weight. One of the reasons was (and still is) that nearly everybody at work is slender / normal-sized. I'm one of the very few overweight people, and that is not a good feeling.
  • jinjin8
    jinjin8 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    To feel better within myself and embrace life.
  • kitjos
    kitjos Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My reasoning have really remained the same. First time around was for my own confidence. I wanted to look hot for my husband as I gained quite abit since being with him, I achieved my goal and felt SO good. I then fell pregnant and now have a 3 week old and have gained 36lbs, ive lost 16lbs since the birth but want to get mt body back into shape and feel sexy again :) x
  • ForeverSunna
    ForeverSunna Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My reasons is to show how much i got to prove my worth and show everyone i am better than this, to show i am not weak, to be a better and enhanced me.I always take care of other but forget my self,well now i want to show my self some care because in the end you have to live your whole life with your self that is the only certain thing, I want to have a better life with my self.

Since you showed us your motivational video i want to show mine =)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QBxwWEg4Qk
    Listen with higher volume Than you would with a regular video ;)
  • Hallucihate
    Hallucihate Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Might be bad to say, but thinsporation, and for myself of course.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=276__j2hBXo
    Having a body like them would be amazing, always look at this video before a workout, or when I have a craving to eat something unhealthy.
  • Sweet200307
    Sweet200307 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My Main reason is to be healthy, but I wanna look sexy too dammit! My Best friend is a model an I never wanna go out partying with her cause I always feel insecure, then she gets mad at me cause I don't wanna do anything. I'm 27 an have never been on a real vacation without my daughter, we'll we going to miami next summer 2013 an I can't wait to put on a 2piece an lil shorts an middrift shirts and be looking all sexy!!!!!!!
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    To survive a zombie apocalypse!

Seriously - to feel good about myself and to set an example for my kids. I want to feel good in my body. And as I get older, I realize I'm mortal, and I want to be around enjoying life for a long, long time!
  • Trajikmajik
    Trajikmajik Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    To be a good example for my two sons
    To be able to survive the police academy this August
    To finally feel good about how I look and feel
    To be able to not have random pains in my joints from being overweight
    To finally be the person I see in my head and not the person others see when they look at me
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    - Gender Reassignment Surgery
    - Relieve pressure on my joints which will hopefully decrease the dislocations/subluxations (due to Ehlers-Danlos)
    - Fit back into my old clothes some of them are very nice
    - Be a good role model to my kids when we have some
    - To be able to feel good about myself. I've been overweight my whole adult life (after a couple of nasty breakdowns)
  • lukester19
    lukester19 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My motivation is to be a better version of myself everyday, both mentally and physically. Also it is fun to see the journey and how far I have come.
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Motivation: my health and living a looong, strong life. My family health history isn't the best.. diabetes, heart disease - heart attacks, strokes, illness.. and I don't want any part of that. You have to take care of yourself if you wanna live life to the fullest! Also, I don't want my (future) kids to pick up on bad habits and become overweight, lazy and also develop health problems.
    ...also, who doesn't wanna look good and feel just as great ;) lol
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your service to our country and well done with your dedication and determination. These traits will enable you to be a successful Marine.
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I had to lose the weight in order to enlist in the United States Marine Corps. I first step foot in the office weighing in at 215 lbs. The first thing my recruiter told me I had to do before even sitting down and talking to him was to lose weight.

I did just that. After months of training and dieting, I stepped back into the office weighing in at 154 lbs. I enlisted. I leave in January of 2013 for boot camp.
    Thanks for your service to our country and well done with your dedication and determination. These traits will enable you to be a successful Marine.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Yes I want to be healthy and live longer. But deep down, it's pretty cool when the twentysomethings see me running half marathons, leg pressing 800 lbs. or doing things they never thought a 54 year old could do.
  • veggiegirlie2
    veggiegirlie2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't want my son to be ashamed to be seen with me in public....also i want the confidence i had when I was 120lbs. to have settled this long makes me sad to think about but your not ready till your ready simple as that.
  • julie1916
    julie1916 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be healthy for my kids, but I'll admit I also wanted to be "hot" :wink:

Excellent !! Being a mum for the 1st time in my 40's - nothing "pings back into place" -. Which of course indicates they had been in place before DS was born. Not for about 12 years ! but I fancy one more shot at 140 lb ! of yesteryear :-)
    (I was in fact 120lbs !! which is quite slim but it was natural at the time - pre pre pre diet days)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!