Can we quit trolling?

Options

Replies

• Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Not cold turkey, I would need to slowly cut back.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    for Rock:

Alan_Keyes.jpg
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    I have actually seen the rep system being used on many sites (arenajunkies comes to mind) where its fairly successful. A site with the scale of MFP where the mods are much fewer compared to the massive population could definitely benefit from a rep system and would help both users and mods. I have suggested the rep system before however not sure if the admins are interested in implementing it

Side effect is all the great troll posts will be rated highest and knock all the "should I eat twelve calories" posts to the bottom

Be careful what you wish for people

That was exactly what I was thinking!

Now, where did I put my baby?

Oh noes! He's in the dryer again!!

haha.. I see what you did there... well played!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Requests like this always starts one of these threads. You'd think people would learn by now. :tongue:
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqSVu1_ceKOElXAuN85sBLfM3tcLg0JHBsQxRPaj229zIWjYtd
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Instead of complaining about the trolls, why aren't you helping people on the forums who are trying to start their babies on Shakeology but need flavor combinations that will appeal to an infant's sensitive palate?

:noway: dafuq?!

Best Reply Ever on the Interwebz goes to......secretlobster on - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/824323-how-old-should-a-baby-be-before-i-start-him-on-shakeology
    agreed \m/
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I totally agree, but, isnt' this thread in the wrong forum?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    The First Amendment applies everywhere... but the MPF forums.
    Um, no. The First Amendment has absolutely no bearing on a PRIVATELY owned website. The owner of the site is free to establish any rules on what can or cannot be said on his own personal website.

The First Amendment only applies to public speech in a piblic setting, and only protects a person from criminal prosecution, it does not allow for one to say anything they like, anywhere they like, without fear of reprisal.

A job can still fire you for saying something they deem inappropriate on their property, or while you are on company time. A person can still sue you, punch you, or throw you out of their home if you make intentionally inflammatory or defamatory comments about them, they just can't have you arrested and put in jail.

Sorry, people hiding behind the Bill of Rights without understanding the actual Bill of Rights is one of my biggest pet peeves.

Taunto, you're awesome but I think you misread what that person wrote. They were saying that it doesn't apply here. You're on the same side. :flowerforyou:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Requests like this always starts one of these threads. You'd think people would learn by now. :tongue:

You say that like it was an accident.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    TROLLS!!!! :sad:
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-446-1352129831-2.gif
  • ChristinaR720
    Options
    o-OBAMA-SPIDERMAN-570.jpg?6
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    That's why this site needs a rep system. Or a voting system to hide crap posts or wrong posts.

If you want that useless crap, stay on reddit.

I'm sorry but I think you need to internet more before making such posts. What is proposed is NOTHING like reddit where, people like me, karma *kitten* themselves all day
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Way to successfully avoid trolling...

Don't post or come on the forums.

Waahlah!

voila* :angry:
    This x 1000

Please don't try and use words you don't know how to pronounce or spell. It just makes you look unintelligent, particularly when the word comes from a different language. (And even if you were trying to spell it phonetically, it would be "vwuhlah," not "WHAALLLAAAAH." That's just someone screaming after having their toe stepped on, or maybe a cat in heat...)
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    agreed \m/

I busted out laughing when I first saw that.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    hi spade117
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    hi spade117

:waves:

Just spade is fine.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    While it's unfortunate that people looking for real advice are often bogged down with tons of trolling... it's also unfortunate that so many people can't take a joke. >.<

My advice?

Do your best to be the voice of reason and teach people how to use the ignore feature.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    4110_original_dealwithitneti.gif

And, for good measure...

09595-nom-nom-nom.gif
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Way to successfully avoid trolling...

Don't post or come on the forums.

Waahlah!

Way to successfully create your own troll thread: Post a thread complaining about troll threads.

She's an evil fcking genius!

:smokin:
  • McChubbyruewho
    Options
    Come on, I'm really not being unreasonable here. There's really no need to be rude about it. Just trying to help everyone out. This site isn't just some stupid social media site, this is for helping others and helping ourselves. I'm not saying don't do it at all, and I know that won't happen.

I really wish we could, but the sad thing is there are people who have no lives and their happyness comes form what they suppose are zingers, they far out way any real posters so its almost not worth posting, kinda sucks
This discussion has been closed.