Eating the recommended 1200 calories..now what?

Options
I have been eating the MFP recommended 1200 calories, but haven't lost this week...a little frustrated at the moment. I have worked out only twice this week so far...20 minutes cardio, weights and situps. Not thinking my metabolism is at is strongest...any ideas as to how to boost it to lose?

Replies

• lkplibra
    lkplibra Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    To get helpful feedback you are going to need to open your food diary so others can see what you have been eating.

Part of what others will tell you as well, is to give it more time. A week is really not long enough to start seeing much weight loss yet.
  • tails1315
    Options
    What have you been eating to get to your 1200 calories. I found that drinking a ton of water helps metabolism also I try to drink at least three glasses of plain green tea a day. I sometimes put a little splenda in to make it a little sweet.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    If you're just starting out, it takes time for your body and metabolism to adjust...it's not linear...it's not exactly xx Lbs per 7 days...I have weeks where I lose nothing...then I lose 3 Lbs...then I gain a pound...then I lose .25 Lbs and so on...as a general trend, over the course of some time it averages out for me to be about 1Lb per week on my plan. But it's definitely not a linear thing.
  • ChristinaR720
    Options
    Water and patience does wonders.

We all lose weight differently. You're just starting out here, so don't be discouraged if you don't lose weight right away. It will happen, but it will take hard work and dedication to make it happen. Also, be careful to watch your sodium levels.

You can do this!!
  • vivacegal
    Options
    I had figured that would be the case, but had honestly hoped for a more steady drop