Jealous much?

Options

Replies

• love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    A lot of men and women have a problem with jealousy/insecurity--sometimes even those of us who aren't generally prone to those problems. The "appearance of impropriety" is to be avoided. Your running dude probably didn't tell his girlfriend because he knew she wouldn't handle it well. My husband committed a "sin of omission" while we were dating that upset me and resulted in a confrontation. Since then, we've both been careful to keep communication open when it comes to any personal relationships with the opposite sex.

Aside from that, you'd probably do well to find a female running partner.
  • madworld1
    Options
    All I know is that my darling only gets rats on special occasions. Otherwise, it's all insects.
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    it irritates me that you call your bf/husband "my darling"........just saying.

She keeps him locked in her basement, feeding on rats and insects

wow.. mean to others much?? Look we found the new MFP mean girls..oh excuse me they are practically perfect in every way so they can afford to criticize and offer no help at all... wait ..what you are telling me they are NOT perfect? :noway:

How did I not offer any help? Did you read my first response?
    Where did I say I was perfect? Was it by implying that I don't keep a man locked in my basement feeding on insects?

Excuse me if you are perfect then you can make such silly statements that because she calls him her darling (which is a term of endearment last time I checked) she was keeping him locked in the basement..hummm sounds kinda mean and judgey to me...
  • Sarahbara76
    Options

wow.. mean to others much?? Look we found the new MFP mean girls..oh excuse me they are practically perfect in every way so they can afford to criticize and offer no help at all... wait ..what you are telling me they are NOT perfect? :noway:

Where did I say I was perfect? Was it by implying that I don't keep a man locked in my basement feeding on insects?

Excuse me if you are perfect then you can make such silly statements like* that because she calls him her darling (which is a term of endearment last time I checked) she was keeping him locked in the basement..hummm sounds kinda mean and judgey to me...
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options

Excuse me if you are perfect then you can make such silly statements that because she calls him her darling (which is a term of endearment last time I checked) she was keeping him locked in the basement..hummm sounds kinda mean and judgey to me...

Sarahbara76 has played the Judgment Accusation card
    Judgment Accusation trumps any reasonable argument
    Game over, Sarahbara76 wins
  • Sarahbara76
    Options
    :laugh: :drinker: I win.. I have never won before, do I make a speech? j/k anyway have a nice day ladies :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options

why is it mean that I am irritated by it , everyone gets irritated, I was just saying. YOu mad?
  • Sarahbara76
    Options

why is it mean that I am irritated, everyone gets irritated, I was just saying. YOu mad?

you weren't mean..the girl who said she kept him locked in the basement was mean..she just took it a step to far but I sure she's a swell girl and all.
  • Iron_warrior33
    Options
    Why exchange numbers at all, unless you planned on meeting places other than the gym? Why not just set up the next running meet, before you left the gym? AHH, what if you're not the running partner, but actually the snoopy girlfriend, since you never said, how you know that she was snooping through his phone.
  • Iron_warrior33
    Options
    She only does that because, "My Precious" was already taken.
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options

now I would have liked that!!
  • lovechicagobears
    lovechicagobears Posts: 289 Member
    Options

So, I get a bunch of crap from you for telling someone it's weird to call their boyfriend their "husband", but you get to make fun of someone for calling their boyfriend/husband "my Darling"?

Seems legit.
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have the perfect solution....ready? Just run with your darling!
  • Sarahbara76
    Options

My boyfriend calls me babydoll...is that creepy?
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Outside of work, I don't do anything with guys who are involved in long term relationships or married. Sounds extreme, but it is just simpler that way. I once had a woman tell a guy friend to stop talking to me altogether, regardless of the fact that I had known him for many years prior to their ever meeting. She was that jealous. And I can't say I couldn't understand her point of view in some ways.

Maybe you could find a new running partner. Perhaps one of the canine variety...
  • rosesigil
    rosesigil Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    This is not a good situation. Perhaps there is truth in someone else's response that you would not most likely exchange numbers with this guy unless there was some attraction..whether it is sexual or not. That you are sitting there pondering about this situation at all suggests that you have already become more involved with his life than you should be with a simple "running partner." But aside from all that, the kindest thing you could do right now is tell him that you don't think it's a good idea for you two to be partners and then go find someone else to be gym buddies with. Perhaps a fellow woman, or perhaps an older guy for whom you feel NO attraction---that would truly be safe. My hunch is that you may be enjoying the excitement of being "the other woman," and taking something that belongs to someone else because you think it makes you somehow superior to this girlfriend; even if you never plan on sealing the deal
    Be a friend to this woman, leave her man alone; whether or not she's jealous is irrelevant--you are causing her pain. Why do you want to do that? Find a better partner in the gym. What about your darling? why won't he work out with you?
  • BITEME_GRRR
    BITEME_GRRR Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I don't blame her either, honestly. I would be jealous too and I dont think its cuz im a jealous girlfriend...more just that why would he want to run with you when he could run with me type of thinking I guess...
  • madworld1
    Options

My boyfriend calls me babydoll...is that creepy?

Only if he keeps you in the attic with the rest of the babydolls.
  • BITEME_GRRR
    BITEME_GRRR Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Oh and on a positive note....try RUNNING GROUPS....alot less threatening :)
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    FWP!

(also, straight people problems)