What do you mix with your protein powder?

Options
I want some new ideas for my protein powder...Lately I've been making banana/milk smoothies with vanilla protein powder, and even did pineapple one day as well. I tried frozen mixed berries and didn't care for them as it was really sour. I'm looking for a chocolate soy powder to try something new...
So my question is this: what do you make with your protein powder to make it yummy?

Replies

• lumox1212
    Options
    1c. almond milk
    10 frozen strawberrys
    1 tbs peanut butter
    1 scoop strawberry protien powder
    its so delicious i dare you to drink it slow
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Almond milk, chocolate protein powder (we use gold standard whey) and 2 tablespoons of PB2 (powdered peanut butter)....taste like a reece's peanut butter cup!
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    unsweetened almond milk (40 calories per cup on avaerage) makes in creamy and delicious!! Also add some PB and/or a banana and some oats.

Delicious.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't make smoothies. I use chocolate protein powder and just mix it with unsweetened almond milk. It reminds me of Ovaltine.
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Where do you buy the PB2? I LOVE Jif, but the calories are a lot and when I put 2T in the blender for a smoothie, I couldn't really taste it enough. I meant to ask this earlier...
  • aplhabetacheesecake
    Options
    Im not sure where you are located but I travel about 40 mins to a low carb specialty shop to get my pb2-they also tell to on their website!
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Every single morning I put the following into a blender, blend, and drink:

79g GNC AMPlified Wheybolic Extreme 60 (1 serving)
    32g Teddy Natural Peanut Butter, No Salt Added
    26g Extra Light Olive Oil
    10,000IU Vitamin D (liquid drops)
    2tsp Nescafe Instant Coffee (2 servings)
    2c water

It tastes like a dark chocolate Reese's Peanut Butter Cup and has the following macro breakdown:

Calories: 710
    Carbs: 14
    Fat: 45
    Protein: 68
  • aplhabetacheesecake
    Options
    Every single morning I put the following into a blender, blend, and drink:

79g GNC AMPlified Wheybolic Extreme 60 (1 serving)
    32g Teddy Natural Peanut Butter, No Salt Added
    26g Extra Light Olive Oil
    10,000IU Vitamin D (liquid drops)
    2tsp Nescafe Instant Coffee (2 servings)
    2c water

It tastes like a dark chocolate Reese's Peanut Butter Cup and has the following macro breakdown:

Calories: 710
    Carbs: 14
    Fat: 45
    Protein: 68

WOAH good for you-id gain on that!! I dont do any heavy training in the morning, or all day to require that much fuel!
  • johloz
    johloz Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    If I'm JUST trying to add some extra protein for the day, I just shake it up with some water and chug it down. I eat enough delicious and indulgent foods, not everything needs to be.

To make it yummy, I just mix it up with milk. I'm currently using strawberry protein, and it tastes like Nesquick when mixed with milk. So delicious!
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I like to mix protein powder with sugar free pudding, and lite whipped cream. I like to make pie, or cheesecake out of it.

Sometimes I will make a molten lava cake with it.
    1 scoop chocolate protein
    1 heaping tablespoon of cocoa powder
    dash baking powder
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1 egg white
    your favorite sweetener
    enough water to make it the consistency of brownie batter
    microwave for 25 to 35 seconds, depending on the microwave, and protein. It is supposed to be a little runny in the middle.

I will make various shakes, or ice creams out of it. cookies and cream, orange dream, chocolate peanut butter, mint, apple pie, chocolate cherry, chocolate orange, strawberry, etc.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    H2O
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    If you like coffee - try this:

1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
    1 tablespoon of Instant coffee (instant crystals)
    8 oz of skim milk (a little water to mix it where you want it to be)
    ice

and blend - to me it taste better than a starbucks blended coffee
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I make mug cake (actually, I use a big bowl). Eggs, protein powder, stevia, cocoa powder, vanilla or almond extract, and into the microwave. I get a bowl full of cake for a few hundred calories of pure protein. Love it!
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    My other favorite in the mornings is frozen strawberries, with 4 oz of OJ (you can use more if you like, I try to keep the sugars down) and blend with ice with vanilla protein powder - if its not sweet enough add a few drops of stevia - though mine is plenty sweet.

If you want a different taste you can add a tablespoon of flaxseed oil - gives it a little nutty flavor and flaxseed is very good for you.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Baileys and Reddi Whip
  • curvykim78
    Options
    These are great ideas....thanks!
  • CellosLola
    Options
    I use fruit juice to mix with my strawberry flavored powder. Apple and grape are my favorites. I add water to lower the concentration of sugar although I purchase the "no suggar added" juices. Frozen strawberries are my favorite fruit to mix; however, I will freeze seedless grapes into the mix.
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    H2O

Exactly. No need to coat it with extra stuff. I take it straight to the head with just water.
  • curvykim78
    Options
    I'm going to try some of these...anyone else have any good ideas?
  • hopsonc24
    hopsonc24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    1 c almond milk
    pumpkin pie spice
    1/2 c canned pumpkin
    1/2 banana
    1 scoop vanilla protien powder

or
    1c almond milk
    1 tbsp almond butter
    1 scoop vanilla or choc protien powder