ack! I hate my protein powder!

Options
im literally sitting here attempting to gulp down (read: choke down) my vegasport performance protein powder its in chocolate and its plant based protein and gluten and soy free! but it tastes GROSSSSSSSS

ive gotten in down at home easier with use of frozen banana and my blender, but here at work i just have my blender bottle and bleh bleh bleh this is ROUGH 150mls to go common Holly!!!!

Whey protein is a non option for me sadly

any suggestions? I bought this as it was on sale and saw some good reviews on it, but sadly I do not agree!

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Yeah I hate mine too. Got pretty good at chugging 16oz of protein shake in a couple gulps.
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    sad. I love mine!! :)
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Real food?

Tuna, chicken, beef, eggs...
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    try a different one? lots of protein shakes do individual sachets so you can try before you invest.
  • simplyshrinking
    simplyshrinking Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Real food?

True. I've lost over 50 pounds and gained so much definition throughout my body without any protein shakes or supplements. (Not, to mention I'm doing Insanity without Shakeology!) You can get all of your vitamins, minerals, and protein through REAL food. Plus, it tastes better too. :laugh:
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    try a different one? lots of protein shakes do individual sachets so you can try before you invest.

my exact thoughts!
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Real food?

True. I've lost over 50 pounds and gained so much definition throughout my body without any protein shakes or supplements. (Not, to mention I'm doing Insanity without Shakeology!) You can get all of your vitamins, minerals, and protein through REAL food. Plus, it tastes better too. :laugh:

you look great too!! good job
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Either try a different protein powder or turn to real food instead.

I have a chocolate protein powder that I hate the taste of when it's made into a shake so instead I use it to make protein bars
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Try Hemp protein in a smoothie...I don't even taste it!! I tried all kinds but love Hemp!!
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I don't like Whey and I don't like Chocolate flavor.

But I actually really like EAS Vanilla Soy. I just mix it with cold water.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    best bet here is throw it out and buy a new kind. Dynamize is fabulous. So is Sunwarrior if you prefer plant based. Vanilla and Choclate are delicious.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    What dietary restrictions do you have?

All powders I've tried, I hate with water; much better with milk.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    try different one
    if you can't stand any,
    bake chicken breast*, put it in the zip bag in the fridge, use when you need protein

*can be ANY food you enjoy, but baked chicken breast is 99% protein
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    What dietary restrictions do you have?

All powders I've tried, I hate with water; much better with milk.

I agree.

I have been able to gulp them down mixed with other flavored drinks. Crystal light, gatorade, or juice works, too. I also prefer using a real blender.
  • Chelsrf
    Chelsrf Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Try the Syntrax Nectar brand protein powder. It isn't as think as normal protein drinks, it's closer to a crystal light or flavored water in texture but isn't as clear. You can mix it into anything or just eat it straight up (kind of like those dip stix candy powder). They have a ton of flavors and all of the ones I've had have been awesome.
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    try it with milk.

15652258.jpg
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Why torture yourself. The only time I drink a protein shake is right after a hard work out because I was told to get some kind of protein in with in 30 min of your work out. Otherwise I like food!! Shakes don't keep me full so I feel cheated.

If you are having problems getting enough protein in your diet try a non flavored protein and add it to the food you normally eat.
  • aplhabetacheesecake
    Options
    Yeah I hate mine too. Got pretty good at chugging 16oz of protein shake in a couple gulps.

OMG you are my hero!
  • aplhabetacheesecake
    Options
    restrictions-im a type 1 diabetic with celiac disease, i do not tolerate whey protein-mega bloat and vomiting-

I dont have use of a blender at work-registered nurse-I bring my shaker bottle

***to those who mentions getting my protein thru real food*** I do try, I honestly do, egg whites and chicken but theres only so much of that I can take!!! I have a HUGE dislike of fish of any kind! I pack protein into my breakfast lunch and supper always with the use of egg whites and lean meats but its simply not enough.

I find using a protein shake as my morning snack very satisfying as I eat my breakfast at 510am and then do not get a lunch break until 1130.

perhaps individual packs of protein powders is common among the whey based ones, but I have yet to see samples in plant based protein or soy based ones.

I am not looking to consume more real food at this point, im happy with what clean up I have done to my eating habits but I simply wanted a suggestion to a good or better tasting plant based protein powder that can mix easily in water without use of a blender-simple? I thought so.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    restrictions-im a type 1 diabetic with celiac disease, i do not tolerate whey protein-mega bloat and vomiting-

I dont have use of a blender at work-registered nurse-I bring my shaker bottle

***to those who mentions getting my protein thru real food*** I do try, I honestly do, egg whites and chicken but theres only so much of that I can take!!! I have a HUGE dislike of fish of any kind! I pack protein into my breakfast lunch and supper always with the use of egg whites and lean meats but its simply not enough.

I find using a protein shake as my morning snack very satisfying as I eat my breakfast at 510am and then do not get a lunch break until 1130.

perhaps individual packs of protein powders is common among the whey based ones, but I have yet to see samples in plant based protein or soy based ones.

I am not looking to consume more real food at this point, im happy with what clean up I have done to my eating habits but I simply wanted a suggestion to a good or better tasting plant based protein powder that can mix easily in water without use of a blender-simple? I thought so.

What's yoru protein goal? A larger chicken breast or steak can easily have 50+ g of protein... that's probably half or more of your daily goal, no?