Xmas Day Workout

Options
I just posted on my wall that my gym is open on Xmas day and that I for one, will be taking full advantage and having a Xmas day burn.

So now I'm opening up that question to all and sundry - How many of you plan to workout on Xmas day (At the gym or otherwise)?

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Not unless a guy shows up at my door with a pregnant virgin.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I wish. My gym closes at 1 on Monday... so I can't even get in a Christmas Eve workout without screwing up work. Soooo... I'm going to attempt to go for a walk after work on Monday if it's not snowing yet, and do simple workout in my living room. At least it would be something. Christmas schedule is pretty brutal, but I'm going to try to do the same and just hit it hard on Thursday.
  • Holmsweetholm
    Options
    I have Christmas on the 24th and 25th, turkey and the fixing two days in a row so I plan to work out on the 24th, all the more reason to add the extra gravy that is soo yummy; and the glass of wine or two!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I plan to eat and play with my new stuff. And then eat some more. So unless I'm getting a treadmill, I don't foresee any working out.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I won't get time...I'll be chained to the kitchen....but I'll have a hellava workout Christmas Eve and Boxing Day.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    Only to do a quick run. No strength that day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    lady boss - killing it on xmas - right here btches - plan on spending the day turning the gym into MY GYM.
  • ajusteen21
    ajusteen21 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My gym has 24/7 access so after my morning family madness I plan on going, I'm guessing it will be a ghost town and that's my favorite time to go!

Happy Holidays :)
  • MMark2012
    MMark2012 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Definitely yes! That is a running day for me anyway(Tuesday) I will probably have a relaxed/easy run because most people will not be working out (sadly). I also worked out on Thanksgiving(hiking with my cousin). We got a tremendous hike done in the morning, with no regrets of eating what we wanted for Thanksgiving dinner!:smile:
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I have plans for Christmas Day that don't leave time for working out.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Probably won't lift but will try to get in a BW workout.

And my mouth and tummy will be getting a full workout that day. Nom nom nom.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    shoulders/trap normally takes me about 60 minutes and maybe 15- 20 mins of some cardio right when they open, followed by my post workout eggnog and soco ;-)
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing my Insanity on Christmas Day.
  • nikkinz
    nikkinz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yes open presents in morning then work out then xmas dinner
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m7omw1mCO21ro2d43.gif

^ gonna be me
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    My gym is open on Xmas day and I'll be working out as usual.
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I will be spending time with my family. Maybe I will squeeze a walk in but I know I will not make it to the gym.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Christmas is a non event in Turkey, but I'll take advantage of having the day off work, so I'll go to the gym in the morning for a workout. If I was in Australia with family, I wouldn't be going to the gym, just a quick swim in the morning.
  • vnovit
    vnovit Posts: 101
    Options
    I will absolutely be there!
  • vnovit
    vnovit Posts: 101
    Options
    HAHAHA i choked on what i was eating.......... she is so loving it