Goal For 2013 - No Soda or Candy!!

Options
I am making a goal to not have any soda or candy for 2013. Is there anyone who would like to join me? It's going to be hard for sure, but I need a challenge! Anyone who is serious about it and think they can give it an honest go, I'll creat a group that we can give help and support to each other. :)

Replies

• amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    the soda part is easy i havent had soda since early 2012 but the candy part will never happen... that is just my vice and i am trying to cope with my addictions. I have found the lunch packs of my favorite gummy bears in target and use those to keep my servings down
  • unnur16
    unnur16 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    i have not had any soda or candy in 3 1/2 month and after the first 2-3 weeks it is no problem ;) good luck =)
  • thethinnydiaries
    Options
    Candy would be no problem -- I haven't had candy in months. The soda part will be a little difficult. The only soda I drink is Diet Coke, it's sort of my vice. I never have any other soda, though.

But good luck!!!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I am making a goal to not have any soda or candy for 2013. Is there anyone who would like to join me? It's going to be hard for sure, but I need a challenge! Anyone who is serious about it and think they can give it an honest go, I'll creat a group that we can give help and support to each other. :)

This is just crazy talk...crazy, crazy, crazy talk.

Crazy.

tumblr_meufjvs2at1qhxsepo1_250.gif
  • kittenbobitten
    kittenbobitten Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I will join you!! The candy isn't a big deal for me, I can mostly avoid it, but man oh man...the soda is going to suck. I have been trying to give it up. Not too successfully I might mention. I am down, however, from 12-18 diet cokes a day to about 3-5. So I have improved but use them as a major crutch to not overeating.

I am committed to giving them up, however!!
  • AmandaPandah
    AmandaPandah Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I would neeever be able to do that.
  • mfoster1019
    mfoster1019 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    good luck to you on this. you are a stronger person than i am. can't give either up :ohwell:
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options

This is just crazy talk...crazy, crazy, crazy talk.

Crazy.

^^^THIS^^^
  • R0asted
    R0asted Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've never had a sweet tooth but Soda has always been my weakness. I switched to diet about 3 years ago but I still can't drop the diet coke/Coke Zero completely. I really should do this as I read somewhere that asperatine causes hair loss. I'm actually slowly cutting back lately though so I might join you un-officially but I'm not going cold turkey.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    You don't have to have an "all or nothing" mentality. I know it works for some, but for many it is unsustainable. Many people start off the new year with resolutions that are bound to fail. I know the moderation approach has helped me lose weight and, more importantly, maintain that loss. Instead of "No candy, ever" I say "One piece of candy, not pigging out on an entire bag." Or "a couple sodas a week, not a couple sodas a day."

Completely eliminating foods you enjoy seems to be setting yourself up for failure. Do you plan on avoiding candy for life? If not, how will you deal with eating it further down the road when you decide it is OK to eat it again? Part of long term success includes learning how to enjoy the foods you like in moderation without having to eat unreasonable amounts of it.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I doubt I could make it past Jan 1st with this goal
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Why not just keep the candy paleo?
  • F__7
    F__7 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Tough challenge... gotta break it down a little bit... I drink diet only.. but sometimes it is just the best choice.. so the challenge seems a bit steep for soda... candy.. meh.. I can do it... but still .... it may be not that "reasonable" for a year either...
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    For the whole year?

Now, I haven't had soda in about 2 years, so that wouldn't be an issue, but cut out candy - for a year? You are an animal!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    that's absolutely realistic.

lol.
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Even if I could do this, why would I want to? Soda I can (and do) live without. But candy? I love candy. I don't want to be miserable, I want to be a healthier version of me. I can easily fit small amounts of candy into my daily goals every now and then and I absolutely plan on doing so.
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    soda, yes. Candy, no :noway:

Good luck!
  • sweetasabell
    Options
    I am in for both!!!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    NO WAY!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    When you pry it from my cold dead hands!