The difference between facebook and MFP

Options
13»

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    FB: I haven't seen any of my friends' 'junk'
    MFP: well... sometimes it comes with the friend request!
  • paintedlady77
    paintedlady77 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Facebook: everyone whines and complains about how awful their life/marriage/work/weight is but does nothing.

MFP: People face the issues and kick them in the butt
    This!
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    FB, when I send people pics of my junk, they call the police......MFP, when i send people pics of my junk, they send me friend requests.....

LMAO!
  • brightblader
    Options
    FB: where most of my "friends" are immediately family and I've physically met them all
    MFP: where my family wouldn't be caught dead (and based on my wall - that's probably a good thing), and I haven't physically seen any of them.

Holy crap how many sit ups does a female have to do to get abs like that jesus
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    FB, when I send people pics of my junk, they call the police......MFP, when i send people pics of my junk, they send me friend requests.....

:laugh: Best one so far :blushing:
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    FB: I haven't seen any of my friends' 'junk'
    MFP: well... sometimes it comes with the friend request!

haha.....me too. Although now that I have some MFP people on FB i can't say that any more. ;)
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    FB: where most of my "friends" are immediately family and I've physically met them all
    MFP: where my family wouldn't be caught dead (and based on my wall - that's probably a good thing), and I haven't physically seen any of them.

Holy crap how many sit ups does a female have to do to get abs like that jesus

essentially... NONE
    I box, plank, squat, run.
    Not a fan of the situp :)
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Facebook: when I say I just spent two hours at the gym and had an awesome time I get called an insane show off.
    MFP: I get called a rock star.

Nailed.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Facebook: where I avoid pics, and censor everything I write
    MFP: where I troll pics, and say everything that comes to mind...

<3 mfp
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    FB: the one time I put up a pic of my abs... I got in *kitten*
    MFP: when I take down pics of my abs... I get in *kitten*... unless I put up a pic of my *kitten*, or my face for Kevin haha
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Facebook: everyone whines and complains about how awful their life/marriage/work/weight is but does nothing.

i have seen many people complain about their spouse or girl/boyfriend here. many, many, many times.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    FB: I mention protein shakes and lifting and friends show concern about growing muscles and getting bulky

MFP: most of my friends want / have great muscles

FB: my friends complain about their Weight Watchers plans but their bodies never change

MFP: most of my friends eat >2000 cals and look awesome
  • Nauti_Buoy
    Options
    Facebook: You tell someone their hot and they delete you (after looking at your pics)

MFP: Don't tell someone their hot and they take offense and delete you (after looking at your pics)
  • MsMarlaMae
    MsMarlaMae Posts: 144 Member
    Options

FB: I don't lust after profile pictures
    MFP: Where I go home and look at your icon in private. Damn girl
  • tRiNaBeAnZz
    tRiNaBeAnZz Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    FB: When I share my weight loss goals, my progress, or my weaknesses, I don't receive any response or feedback. If I do, it's along the lines of, "You are getting too skinny" or "I wish I had the time to work out, you must have TONS of time...I have kids, work, blah blah BLAH, or skip the bread and pasta!"

MFP: When I share any of the above, I am greeted by people who share my goals, applaude my progress, and speak about their own weaknesses.
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    FB - where my friends complain that all I do is post fitness junk

MFP - where my friends cannot get enough fitness junk postings

Its not just me who has that problem then? ;)

Nope, not just you two either. I have removed the link from MFP to FB and RARELY will post anything about my progress anymore. When I was told Iw as showing off and discoraging friends who "couldn't" do anything their weight, I stopped. For a couple reasons:
    A) No intentions to discourage anyone
    B) I KNOW those that said they "couldn't" didn't try and I don't have time for their guilt trips about me being healthy
    C) MY next progress pic will be enough without words spoken :)

FB: Where you know most of the people on your friends list personally and they SAY they care about your health and well-being
    MFP: Where you rarely get to meet those on your friends list and yet they all REALLY care about helping you get healthy...
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    FACEBOOK: it can get you fired from your job, because people constantly update what they are doing every second thanks to their smartphones.

MFP: No one will believe you if you say you have a job...because we are always in the forums thanks to our smartphones.
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    FACEBOOK: it can get you fired from your job, because people constantly update what they are doing every second thanks to their smartphones.

MFP: No one will believe you if you say you have a job...because we are always in the forums thanks to our smartphones.

LMAO so true!
  • EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Options

:laugh: Tooo freakin funny:laugh:
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options

LOVE IT!!!