Options

Replies

• BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    My hometown. :)
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I don't know what her BF% was, but 5'7" and 171lb would put her at a BMI of 26.8 which is overweight. I don't know why everyone is jumping on me about this. 26.8 is overweight.

Yes, by BMI standards, I am obese and I say HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH yeah right, to that!
  • SopranogirlCa
    SopranogirlCa Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    For: justsomerandomgirl

I am afraid some people here are not being very nice to you... that's too bad.
    We should all be able to express our opinions without judgement, I think.
    Happy New Year to you! :-)
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I have always been told that "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". I live by that. I dont like the way I look and am changing for me. This gal appearently liked the way she looked so in her eyes she is beautiful. Good for her.
  • ZoeLifts
    Options
    Forget the measurements I was shocked she ate so little.:smile:

I'm thinking her measurements and weight at 5'7" were just fine. I started with similiar measurements...although my chest was much

larger and waist was a bit smaller...but I am only 5'2". I think I was fairly desirable at that size...

Why are people so judgmental? We are all on different journeys and our destinations are not the same. Just support one another!:heart:

But it doesn't say how much she ate when she ate. She could have been eating 3000-4000 calories on the days she ate. Remember, this was before light butter, fat free this and that.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • achasnis
    achasnis Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    .... and the world wonders why women are never happy with themselves. Seriously, all these females openly judging on each other. Everyone views the world differently, everyone has different body types. It blows my mind.
  • jogy
    jogy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I don't know what her BF% was, but 5'7" and 171lb would put her at a BMI of 26.8 which is overweight. I don't know why everyone is jumping on me about this. 26.8 is overweight.

Be very careful of BMI, it is not meant for active and muscular people. It is meant for lightlyactvie or non active people. They tried to average our activity level by today's jobs (more desk jobs than farming for example).
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Those are my measurements and I work damn hard for them!!! I also get compliments on my figure just about daily from people I know and many I don't know at all. It's not about numbers. It's about being healthy.
  • ZoeLifts
    Options
    She eats but three meals every 2 days and almost always goes without breakfast...Her favorite food is beefsteak....She has never taken a drink of tea or coffee...She says she has never been ill and doesn't know what fear is....

What what what?? Three meals every 2 days and goes without breakfast?? WHAT was she eating that she maintained 171 lbs if she was only eating 1.5 meals a day? Handfuls of pebbles and small flat stones? Were her meals 3 hours long?

And even if it was true, how was her weight distributed? Is the first number her under bust or her overall bust? How much of it was muscle mass to have those stats? If she was muscular, wouldn't that mean she was more active, thus burning more, so she'd have to eat more?

I would LOVE to believe this story, but something doesn't seem right.

^^ This, thank you for summing up what my thoughts were exactly! Eating 3 meals every 2 days is not healthy!

Why is it not healthy? Seemed to work for her. Also, google IF.

Well, maybe, but what would have happened if she had just started eating 3 meals a day all of a sudden, without changing the meal sizes? Would her metabolism been able to compensate for the extra calories coming in if she didn't increase exercise? 3 meals every 2 days averages out to 1.5 meals a day, so she's essentially only eating once or twice a day.

Just saying that it's probably not the ideal way to eat for most people that want to maintain their current weight. I'm pretty sure if I started eating just 1.5 meals a day on average, my metabolism would really slow down and when I started eating more meals a day, the pounds would pack on.

Also, what does IF stand for, exactly? So I can look it up. :)

IF stands for Intermittent Fasting. I do a form of IF called Lean Gains. I don't fast for days, I just fast for 16 hours, then get in all of my calories into the 8 hour window (rest days 1421, training days 2131) so it all averages out in the end. Its a lifestyle, and it also promotes fat burning at opportune times while retaining muscle mass. I have had more success with it than anything else I have done, mainly because I like being able to eat more in the evenings!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Another "perfectly" good thread ruined. Something that was meant to just spark a little thought to how things were 100 years ago, turns to women bashing women who aren't built like them or how they think women should be built.

Haters gonna hate.
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    That's what I meant; just multitasking poorly. I love cats but I'll light one on fire just for you, dollface. ;)

Now now, no need to get all pyro on me! Can we just hug it out?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

Yes, by BMI standards, I am obese and I say HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH yeah right, to that!

yeah BMI is as outdated as that newspaper article.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I think she looks great! But this is coming from a 36-29-39 woman, so what do i know ;)

I am living in the wrong era!!!!
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    She sounds pretty perfect to me..
    "..she enjoyed horticulture, outdoor sports, and was an ardent suffragette...
    "She has never been ill and doesn't know what fear is"—in fact, she told women that they would "be happier if they got over the fear of things."
    Sounds like good advice for all of us. If I met her, I think I'd like her!
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Sheesh, to some of these comments. I thought we were admiring the beauty of different women. We can't all be the same size. My waist and hip ratio is 23-34. I'm just not a fan of calling women "not real women", saying why would any man want them, or calling them bones and toothpicks. Just seems degrading (and not a way I would speak around young women). But, whatever.
    THIS
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Anyway, in 100 years from now I too shall be "perfect" - or so my vicar tells me (?)
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    nwi
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    "nwi" ? que?

Norwich International Airport?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Hugh, someone should call you MFP Jesus for how many threads you resurrect.