Too Few Calories? HELP

2»

Replies

• sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Hello everyone,
    I have a question. I eat till i am satisfied and thats its. everyday on MFP it tells me i am eating too few calories. Will it affect my life change, weight loss, etc? I don't know if i should listen to when my body is full or if i should eat all of my calories excluding back calories?

I am just a little bit confused. You are asking if you should listen to whether your body is full or not. Presumably from your ticker you are wanting to lose weight and therefore at some time put it on. At that time did your body tell you were were full? when you were overeating.

As other posters have said, whatever calorie level you decide you want to follow, if you are stick at it and eat the correct amount your body will adjust. There are many high calorie, low portion foods that you can use to boost your calorie levels.
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    I eat my tdee - 20% = 1056 calories. I am doing just fine.

Unless you're about the size of a 6 year old child, I don't think your TDEE could be that low. Are you mistaking TDEE for BMR?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,314 Member
    Buy a food scale and measuring cups. Don't eat out more than two times a week unless you know the values of the food you order within a couple hundred calories. Measure and weigh all your food and log it in the food diary. If you aren't losing weight, it's likely you are under or over eating. Only way to know what works is by accurate tracking over a period of time.