A year ago I would have said...

Options
Pass me the cookie tray and pop in that movie! Today I said, Yay! the roads have been plowed, I can go for a jog!

And did right here
smaller_zpsed932864.jpg

Replies

• jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Not sure what happened to that pic, but you get the idea.

What do you do today you wouldn't have a year ago?
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Been stressed that I need to come up with a plan to lose weight. Now almost 1/2 way to goal and a new plan of action in place to lose the rest. So excited and motivated, which is also huge, this time last year I probably had the desire just not the motivation.

Also probably go and buy some new big holiday like clothes to convince myself I look fine. This year I am not buying any clothes because I am waiting to by a new wardrobe once I have lost more weight. BTW I am 2 sizes smalle then this time last year, and depending on the cut/brand almost 3 sizes.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    ... Urgh I don't want to work out.

These days I really miss my iron on rest days.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    That's sounds incredible. You certainly earnt a treat. X
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Good job! It's crazy what can change in a year. A year ago I too would have been demolishing cookies, by the dozen, and planning my next meal! I like the new me alot better!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    That looks like a great run. Good for you.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    A year ago I never would have thought that not being able to do cardio for a week would have me grumpy and out of sorts, but it DID.

A year ago I never would have thought I'd be saying " Not being able to squat or deadlift for a week is TORTURE"
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Wow. That is brave. I wouldn't have set foot out of the door.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Beautiful place. :)

A year ago, I would have said, "I guess I better get used to being fat....I'll never be thinner."

Now I say, "I AM thinner....and this time it for keeps!"
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    The same thing I'm saying this year, "yes that's all I can eat, I have a much smaller tummy now". I'm not done with my weight loss yet, still have 94 pounds to go, but so much less than last year, so I'm not complaining. Down from a size 34 to a 20, I haven't bought a lot of new clothes, but had to buy some and I am looking good!!
  • tooliebell
    tooliebell Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I just made the comment to my husband that 6 months ago, I looked at Pinterest to get yummy (naughty) food recipes. Now I look at it for fitness and exercise posts!
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    "What do you do today you wouldn't have a year ago? "

A year ago, I had already begun my lifestyle transformation, so there were already no cookies or other junk food on my agenda! Although two years ago, I would have been buying my traditional boxes of chocolate covered cherries, making pans of fudge (and eating them), among other holiday over-eating tradtions that used to hobble me!

A year ago, I was trying to come up with menu items that LOOKED "normal", but that fit my new dietary goals -- sweet potatoes with cinnamon instead of with honey and marshmellows, for instance.

THIS year I am focusing on the PEOPLE at the table, NOT the food! I have gone to a plant based, organic diet. This may seem extreme, with no exceptions even for the holidays, but I am determined to do everythin in my power to try to regain my health after battling cancer this past year. As a wonderful by-product of these major dietary changes, I have lost 170 pounds in less than 1 1/2 years!
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Love all the good changes and positive attitudes :) I am so grateful for a friend who mentioned MFP and I decided it was time to take charge of myself again.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    That is awesome Jen!! Hmmm let see....a year ago, I would never believe that if I didn't work out I would feel weird. Now exercising to me is like brushing my teeth or combing my hair. I also never imagined that measuring my food would become second nature to me!! Even when I have a bad day I still measure :laugh:
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    A year ago, I could barely last 10 minutes on my exercise bike, now I can go an hour. Although today I only went 30 minutes, do to time constraints not stamina. =)
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    A year ago I was riding the amigo buggy at the store and only getting what we absolutely needed. Today I shopped most of the day with the family and I walked everywhere. I tired them out!!! I love this new life of mine!!
  • pandoraw
    pandoraw Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    A year ago I would have said...eat, drink and sit around all day is normal.

Today I did C25k Week 2 day 1 and I felt good about it. I ate within my calories allowance too.
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    A year ago I would have said, let's go out to the Italian place for dinner then to Cold Stone Creamery!

Now, I say, damn, can't get a workout in tomorrow.. cause I have to drive all over the planet!
  • Belinda658
    Belinda658 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    If you told me a year ago I would do more than one pushup I would have laughed very loud
  • glitteredgrave
    glitteredgrave Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The good thing is that once you start running, you aren't cold and might even sweat :)