Over ripe bananas....

Options

Replies

• chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Definitely the banana ice cream. And I always freeze my bananas and use them in my favorite smoothie:

6oz 0% plain Greek Yogurt
    8 oz. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1 frozen banana
    1 tbsp chocolate PB2
    1/2 tsp cinnamon

om nom nom...
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I put them in the freezer and add them to my smoothies. Sweetens them up without the added sugar.

1 cup milk
    1 cup plain yogurt
    1 banana
    1-2 cups frozen strawberries

Blend and enjoy! I also add protein powder when I need/want it
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I mush them up and mix with oats (the amount changes depending on the banana size) and make cookies. Sometimes I add some maple syrup, honey, cinnamon or PB.

Found this on a forum.

2 old bananas
    1 cup quick or old fashioned oats

Seriously. That's it. Just mash the bananas and mix in the oats. It's okay if there are still some small chunks of bananas. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

You can also add things like chocolate chips, walnuts, raisins, etc. The website I saw it on said not to add too many things though because they won't stay together as well.

So these are absolutely wonderful. Even if you eat all the cookies in one sitting (which uh... I did today... and also had doubled the recipe ohwell ) you're just eating two bananas and oats! It can't really get any healthier!

Also, I think if you add walnuts, these would be a delicious post-workout snack or even a great breakfast!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Cut them into small pieces and freeze. Then, toss them in a blender with peanut butter and cocoa powder to make a peanut butter, banana, chocolate frozen treat.
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    Mash the bananas mix in some oats baked for 10/15 mins. at 400 degrees. Makes a yummy cookie!
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    bump, great ideas
  • noscalenoscissors
    Options
    Make coffee banana smoothie.

3/4-1 cup fresh brewed coffee, cooled
    1 medium banana, peeled
    1 -2 tablespoon sugar (optional) or 1 -2 tablespoon honey, to taste
    1 1/2 cups french vanilla yogurt (low-fat or nonfat is fine)
    1 -2 tablespoon protein powder (or other nutritional powder)
    1 teaspoon chocolate syrup (optional)
    1 drop vanilla extract
    I also add flax and sometimes raspberries too.
  • Healthy_Melva
    Healthy_Melva Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bump. Lots of good recipes here.
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    YUM! I am coming back to this later!
  • prancingspirit
    Options
    peel and freeze the bananas - use them in a shake - put in blender with milk and berries
  • ukloveme
    ukloveme Posts: 125
    Options
    you can make Banana smoothie, blend with a glass of fresh pineapple juice and dash of water and ginger taste great

you can make banana fritters, bananna muffins
  • ukloveme
    ukloveme Posts: 125
    Options
    you can make Banana smoothie, blend with a glass of fresh pineapple juice and dash of water and ginger taste great

you can make banana fritters, bananna muffins
  • ajh1014
    ajh1014 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I mush them up and mix with oats (the amount changes depending on the banana size) and make cookies. Sometimes I add some maple syrup, honey, cinnamon or PB.

Found this on a forum.

2 old bananas

Seriously. That's it. Just mash the bananas and mix in the oats. It's okay if there are still some small chunks of bananas. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

You can also add things like chocolate chips, walnuts, raisins, etc. The website I saw it on said not to add too many things though because they won't stay together as well.

So these are absolutely wonderful. Even if you eat all the cookies in one sitting (which uh... I did today... and also had doubled the recipe ohwell ) you're just eating two bananas and oats! It can't really get any healthier!

Also, I think if you add walnuts, these would be a delicious post-workout snack or even a great breakfast!
    I make these and add 4 Tbs Ground Flax Seed + 4 Tbs water and 1/3 cup of Craisins. I bake them up and keep them in the refrigerator. I call them "Shopping Cookies" because it's really handy to throw a couple of them in a baggie and keep them in my car for when I get hungry while shopping! No temptation to zip through McD's.
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options

Found this on a forum.

2 old bananas

I'm trying this tonight!!!!
  • nikki46vsgjourney
    nikki46vsgjourney Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I use the skinnytaste.com recipe for banana bread and make it w/o nuts. Another idea is to slice the bananas up, dip in a melted chocolate / peanut butter mix, coat the bananas then freeze on a cookie sheet. After their frozen I put them in a freezer bag and just grab a couple if I want a snack. A couple of pieces will not kill your diet and they're just enough to get rid of a sweet tooth. Just don't eat a whole banana like that!
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hunk them up, stick them in the freezer and give them 24 hours/until they're frozen.

Once frozen, pop in a blender and blend (add a tiny splash of milk if you struggle to get them started)! Voila, banana ice cream- has to be my favourite way of using up over ripe bananas. It comes out blended at soft serve consistency, if you like it slightly less 'melted' so to speak then pop it back in the freezer for a wie bit.

oh my freaking god!!!!! best idea ever!!!1 serious props for that awesome idea now i cant wait for my bannas to get too ripe :)
  • Christabelle79
    Christabelle79 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I will freeze and blitz over ripe bananas to make the softserve. Then I will mix cocoa powder with a bit of agave and pour it over the banana. Then top with sliced strawberries (or thawed frozen berries) Ta-Da! A sundae fit for a queen!
  • vjt1976
    Options
    Thanks for the great ideas everyone! I have a couple of bananas in my freezer right now waiting for an idea to come up!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Banana bread is healthy, what you gonna do, eat the whole loaf in one sitting?! Gah!

If you had ever had the joy of tasting my granny's banana bread fresh out of the oven, you'd know the answer to that is yes!