Over ripe bananas....

Options

Replies

• TT_luvs_fitness
    Options
    I like to cut them up put in freezer bags then freeze and once frozen eat frozen
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I actually buy overripe bananas on Mondayssince they are half price.
    They are perfect for the freezer for smoothies or desserts or any purpose.
  • Xandra101
    Xandra101 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've tried this Banana Scrambled Egg and it was amazing.
    http://www.food.com/recipe/banana-scrambled-eggs-458492

I just mash 2/3 or 3/4 of banana and cook the remainder in small chunks together with scrambled egg. I've never added honey.
  • silverlil
    silverlil Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • oldernotwiser
    oldernotwiser Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    If you want "healthier" replace the butter in most banana bread recipes with apple sauce. Using apple sauce means you can cut back on the sugar a bit too. The bread is denser and chewier than the standard recipe but very tasty.
  • go3gurl2go1
    Options
    Bump! I'm going to buy extra bananas next time I go to the store so I can try some of these recipes :)
  • LeighAnna23
    Options
    Great Idea. This past summer, "Down the Shore",on the boardwalk in Ocean City, New Jersey, we went to a place that was called "Banana Whip". That's mostly all that they sold. With a humongous Food Processor/ Blender gadget, they would put Frozen bananas and add other foods for flavor of your choice. For example a little peanut butter. My husband bought one and it tasted really good!!! I didn't get one because I was full from breakfast.

I've been there! Over the summer too!
  • RockstarPunch
    RockstarPunch Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Freeze them and toss them in smoothies
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • thethinnydiaries
    Options
    I mush them up and mix with oats (the amount changes depending on the banana size) and make cookies. Sometimes I add some maple syrup, honey, cinnamon or PB.

Found this on a forum.

2 old bananas
    1 cup quick or old fashioned oats

Seriously. That's it. Just mash the bananas and mix in the oats. It's okay if there are still some small chunks of bananas. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

You can also add things like chocolate chips, walnuts, raisins, etc. The website I saw it on said not to add too many things though because they won't stay together as well.

So these are absolutely wonderful. Even if you eat all the cookies in one sitting (which uh... I did today... and also had doubled the recipe ohwell ) you're just eating two bananas and oats! It can't really get any healthier!

Also, I think if you add walnuts, these would be a delicious post-workout snack or even a great breakfast!

I just made these....they're delicious!!! Thank you for the recipe!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I put them in the freezer and use them for baking and smoothies
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Options
    Oh, the bananas I've wasted over the years... I've learned so much from this thread. THANKS!!
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    A blender will do the job but this does it so much better-
    http://www.amazon.com/Yonanas-902-Cream-Treat-Silver/dp/B005083ECS
    My wife bought me one for Christmas because my sister in law liked hers so much. The kids have been begging for it every day since.
    Yonanas.jpg
  • Morgan803
    Morgan803 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Take 100g Mashed Banana, add one serving or 28g Protein Powder and 1/4cup ground Flax, 1Tbsp Chocolate chips place on cookie sheet bake ten minutes, delicious protein choco chip cookies
  • Sicler
    Sicler Posts: 18
    Options
    Bump
  • ritalef
    ritalef Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    they all sound great!
  • irishdes
    irishdes Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Yummy stuff today!!!
  • deanjou59
    deanjou59 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Servings: 12

Serving Size: 1 slice

Calories: 110

Fat: 5 g

Carbs: 12.8 g

Fiber: 0.7 g

Protein: 3 g

Old Points: 2.5 pts

Points+: 3 pts

Here are your ingredients:

1/2 cup (1 stick) light butter, softened

1/2 cup Splenda sugar blend (or 1 cup sugar)

2 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

1/2 cup light sour cream

1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 bananas)

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand mixer, or hand held, mix together softened butter and sugar until well combined. Then add in eggs and mix well. Next add in vanilla, sour cream and mashed bananas then, while the mixer is on, slowly add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix slowly until completely combined, scraping the sides and the bottom.

Meanwhile, grease your pan(s) and lightly flour so that your bread won't stick. If using one 9x5 loaf pan, bake bread for about one hour. If using two smaller loaf pans, bake bread for about 45 minutes. Enjoy!

Banana Bread for One

(Feel free to make in a mini loaf pan, if you don’t want a muffin)
    ■3 tbsp flour (30g) (I used spelt)
    ■heaping 1/16th tsp salt
    ■1 heaping tbsp very-ripe banana (20g)
    ■scant 1 tbsp oil, pre-melted vegan butter, applesauce, or combo (I used 10g coconut oil)
    ■1tbsp liquid, or more or less as needed to moisten batter (milk of choice, or water)
    ■1/4 tsp vanilla extract
    ■1/4 tsp baking powder, and tiny pinch baking soda (for flavor)
    ■Sweetener (For normal tastebuds, 1 to 1 and 1/2 tbsp sugar. If you use liquid sweetener, cut back on other liquid. You can also use stevia. I omitted sugar, but most will probably want some.)

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Mix the dry, mix the wet, then add the two together. Pour into an oiled (or sprayed) muffin pan. Smooth top of batter. Cook for 10-14 ish minutes. (Or you can microwave it.)
    Nutritional Info:

■Calories: 110
    ■ Fat: 0.5 g
    ■ Protein: 4 g
    ■ Carbohydrates: 23 g
    ■Fiber: 4 g
    ■ww points (new system): 3
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Freeze for later use in smoothies, or convert to banana "ice cream." As for a "healthy" banana bread recipe, you might try a gluten-free flour (if you are avoiding wheat), substituting the oil or butter for applesauce, and halving the sugar while increasing the banana (to increase the natural sweetness and achieve more moist results in the process).