5'8 ladies, what's your goal weight?

Options
I'm 25 years old, 5'8 and I started at 248 pounds. My first goal was 180, then 170, then 165. I'm 163 now, with a larger frame. I'd just like to know what your goal weight is. I think I may do 155, I'm pretty comfortable with my body now, I can wear pretty much anything I want without stressing about how I look. I feel really great!

Replies

• cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I started at 256, I'm 168 right now, I was thinking 156, but I'm just not sure at this point.
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Me neither, not too sure where I'd like to stay. I don't want to be stick thin, just healthy :)
  • ccmandel
    ccmandel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yup 155 for me...
  • twilight_princess
    twilight_princess Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Youre pretty similar to me; 5'8", SW= 243, CW= 157. My initial GW was 154 but am still carrying a lot of fat (29%). I think I can realisticly drop another 25lbs of fat but am also looking to tone up next year so I might I will gain muscle as well. I'm not too bothered about the scales I just want my body to show my hard work.
  • Strength2Succeed
    Strength2Succeed Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    First off congrats on such an amazing weight loss!! I am looking to be 160lbs. I have a long way to go.
  • 20shan08
    Options
    I had a long way to go when I started too :) you can do it!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    I'll be the one small framed oddball to speak up. CW: 113, goal? Not sure, I'll probably just cut and bulk for the rest of my life lol.
  • 20shan08
    Options
    Hi there,

Youre pretty similar to me; 5'8", SW= 243, CW= 157. My initial GW was 154 but am still carrying a lot of fat (29%). I think I can realisticly drop another 25lbs of fat but am also looking to tone up next year so I might I will gain muscle as well. I'm not too bothered about the scales I just want my body to show my hard work.

My calculators (not sure how accurate they are) say I'm around 23% body fat. I'm not overly worried about the scale either, I'm pretty comfortable with my body now. I gotta get back into my videos, they tone me up pretty good :)
  • 20shan08
    Options
    I'll be the one small framed oddball to speak up. CW: 113, goal? Not sure, I'll probably just cut and bulk for the rest of my life lol.

Yeah lol I don't think, with my body type, I'd look very healthy at 113 :)
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and started at 200. Got down to 120 when going through a divorce a few years ago.
    Now I fluctuate between 140-132. I've got a small frame.

I'm pretty happy with my current size and just plan on maintaining and continuing with Strong Lifts and getting stronger.

If I get below 130 I lose my *kitten* which I quite enjoy having.
  • Arperjen
    Arperjen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 170 (medium frame). Highest ever was 275+, started here at 240. Been hanging between 190-200 lately.
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Around 11 stone, whatever that is in pounds. I am currently at 220 pounds but have dropped 22 pounds since I started in September. So, a way to go but so far slow but successful. Good luck to all those at 5' 8". I would be more than happy to end up at a size 14 (UK). Size 12 would be brilliant but, at my age, might be tricky to achieve.

What I have learnt so far is that weights really work with some cardio, not to worry too much about the scales, I tend to lose in chunks rather than steadily, to eat more or less what I want within reason but to cut down in alcohol, and above all, watch the sodium levels and drinks loads of water. I am now addicted to coconut water.

Happy Christmas everyone! xx
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 years old, 5'8 and I started at 248 pounds. My first goal was 180, then 170, then 165. I'm 163 now, with a larger frame. I'd just like to know what your goal weight is. I think I may do 155, I'm pretty comfortable with my body now, I can wear pretty much anything I want without stressing about how I look. I feel really great!
    That's awesome!

A small word of advice: Your body weight does not correlate to your overall appearance as much as people think. 155 is a good goal, but if you're happy with where you are now, I wouldn't even bother trying to get down to that. If you simply would like to lose a couple more inches overall, work on body recomposition aka dropping BF% while strength training to retain, and eventually build (only in a surplus), lean muscle mass.

The only reason I say that is because I've been 155 lbs twice in my life. Now (technically, 154 lbs now, but whatever), and when I was 15. However, I wear a smaller size now, and have smaller measurements in my waist, arms, hips, and thighs because I do a good deal of strength training, which has led to a lower BF%, as opposed to when I was 15 and sedentary.

Not trying to be Judgy McJudgerson, just trying to get the word out that the number on the scale really means very little once you get down into a healthy weight range.

Again, good on you for being happy with how you look, and not stressing about some arbitrary number on the scale.
  • anewton23
    Options
    I'm almost 5'8" and my goal is 120. Currently at 135 with small frame
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Sounds like you've made your goal weight. Congrats. Why do you care what weight other people want to be?
  • 20shan08
    Options

Sounds like you've made your goal weight. Congrats. Why do you care what weight other people want to be?

Just out of curiosity... Like I said, I don't really care about the number too much. I was just curious to see what other goals are. I mean, as long as I'm in healthy range, which I am, it's not a big deal. I still think I can lose a bit around my stomach. I also don't want to be super muscular.
  • 20shan08
    Options
    That's awesome!

A small word of advice: Your body weight does not correlate to your overall appearance as much as people think. 155 is a good goal, but if you're happy with where you are now, I wouldn't even bother trying to get down to that. If you simply would like to lose a couple more inches overall, work on body recomposition aka dropping BF% while strength training to retain, and eventually build (only in a surplus), lean muscle mass.

The only reason I say that is because I've been 155 lbs twice in my life. Now (technically, 154 lbs now, but whatever), and when I was 15. However, I wear a smaller size now, and have smaller measurements in my waist, arms, hips, and thighs because I do a good deal of strength training, which has led to a lower BF%, as opposed to when I was 15 and sedentary.

Not trying to be Judgy McJudgerson, just trying to get the word out that the number on the scale really means very little once you get down into a healthy weight range.

Again, good on you for being happy with how you look, and not stressing about some arbitrary number on the scale.

Thanks for the info! And that's the thing, a couple more inches off my stomach would be great. But again, I'm pretty comfortable with my body as is. I haven't been working out as much as I should be so I gotta get back on that, I just do Jillian miachaels videos.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, but I started out at 215 and am now 167 as of this morning. I have a medium to large frame, but my goal is 150 anyway. Unfortunately, it's taking FOREVER to get there... I've been stuck at this weight for almost a year now with no signs of the scale or measuring tape moving. But, as you'll hear everywhere on this site, NEVER GIVE UP!
  • mfenn1957
    mfenn1957 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and just had an assessment by my hospital based health club. I have a small frame but they put my goal weight at 156 and I am 55. Go for it.
  • valeriejean1407
    Options
    My starting was 270 and I'm looking to be around 150... that was my weight in high school. I was slim and fit, but not too tiny. Great job on the loss so far!