5'8 ladies, what's your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    My "normal" weight at 5 ft 8 is 118, before going off BCP and gaining 25 lbs this year (that's my weight in my profile shot). I'd like to get back to that, though I'm more focused on getting my body fat down to 20 percent. Hoping to get there by the end of May.
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and am headed for 145. Love hearing the stories of similar height women achieving their goals!
  • pidwigeon20
    Options
    I started at 254lbs, my first goal was to reach 200. I'm now 188lbs and a size 16 (although I can fit into some size 14 jeans but I have a really big bust!), and my next goal is 164lbs, where I will only just be in my 'ideal weight range' for my bmi. No doubt I'll have more goals there on after, I'd like to be a size 10-12.
  • pidwigeon20
    Options
    I'm 25 years old, 5'8 and I started at 248 pounds. My first goal was 180, then 170, then 165. I'm 163 now, with a larger frame. I'd just like to know what your goal weight is. I think I may do 155, I'm pretty comfortable with my body now, I can wear pretty much anything I want without stressing about how I look. I feel really great!

Congratulations on your weight loss you've done amazing and you look great. Just wanted to know how long it took you to get down to the weight you are now? You're weight is a little under my goal :)
  • fancgrl
    Options
    I started out at 170 in a size 12/13. Now I'm down to 146 in a size 8/9 with a medium frame. I reached my Weight Watchers goal of 148 pounds, but I'm now working down to my personal goal of 140. Right now, I really just want to focus on toning up as opposed to the number on the scale. I guess my ULTIMATE goal would be to be able to pull off and feel comfortable in a bikini, whatever the number on the scale says =]
  • whit291
    whit291 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently 147. Pretty close to my ultimate goal... I'm not so much worried about weight anymore as I am about toning and trying to lose some of my remaining belly softness! I started out at 188ish when I started using MFP which was my highest weight ever. I really felt like I first looked pretty dang good at about 155. I have somewhere between a small and medium frame. I think it really will be different for everyone even with the same height based on frame size and where you tend to store your fat.
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 years old, 5'8 and I started at 248 pounds. My first goal was 180, then 170, then 165. I'm 163 now, with a larger frame. I'd just like to know what your goal weight is. I think I may do 155, I'm pretty comfortable with my body now, I can wear pretty much anything I want without stressing about how I look. I feel really great!

Congratulations on your weight loss you've done amazing and you look great. Just wanted to know how long it took you to get down to the weight you are now? You're weight is a little under my goal :)

Thanks a lot!! I started around August 2011. Took quite a few "breaks" though, where I slacked off for a month or a few weeks at a time. Seems like a long time but not when you look back on it :)
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I am 54 years old , 5'8" , small framed , and am at my goal weight of 129. The most I weighed is 174, on christmas eve 2011. My original goal was 139, but when I went on maitenance, it just kept dropping.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I'm 26, 5'8 with a large frame, started around 251, and currently 213lbs.

My goal is 168lbs (Kind of arbitrary, but once out of the 170s' I'll stop paying attention to the scale) after that I plan on focusing on BF%. I want to see visible muscles rather than seeing a lower number on the scale.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5". When I first started MFP, my goal was 150. I got there and decided to keep going. I weigh 136 now.
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I am

5"8.5
    Small frame
    Start weight 165lbs
    Currently 143lbs
    Goal 134.5lbs
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm a hair under 5'8"; age 21 I was slim but not overly skinny at 130 lbs. I really doubt I could convince myself to really go lower than 150-160 anymore. However, I do enjoy weightlifting, so at 150, with some muscle, I expect I'd be pretty trim.

ETA: I have a small to medium sized frame.
  • goldair23
    Options
    At 165 at the moment, aiming for around 140-145.
    I'm quite toned and 'lean' but with a bit of 'extra' on me if that makes sense? With a medium frame? Not that wide but there are definitely some hips going on here. Like my legs are quite slim, my waist is very small and my upper body is proportionate but still fairly slim. So just getting rid of the little lower belly toning up a bit more and I'm good to go I think! Although if I'm happy with where I am before I get to 145, then so be it :) xo
  • EngineerPrincess
    EngineerPrincess Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I have a very small frame, currently 125-130 and definitely skinny-fat (my pic was from 119 and toned, but then I had a stressful semester and stress ate..) Goal is whenever I look both fit and thin.
  • LovePBandJ
    LovePBandJ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Low 130s. Medium frame.

I am 46.
  • bjsquires
    bjsquires Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am 33, and 5'8. I started out at 194 (only down to 186 now) but my goal is 145/155.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Goal was 145. Hit it and now just bouncing between that and 152 at any given time.:bigsmile:
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. Nice to see other goals :)

I've decided to aim for 155, only 7 more pounds :D
  • debs6
    debs6 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Well done to you and I have to say you are looking really good at the moment. You say that you feel good where you are -so I would be planning to maintain from where you are.:)
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 150s. Don't know exactly because I'm refusing to weigh in until the holidays are done. My goal is 135.