females 5'10" whats your goal weight

Options
124»

Replies

• gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and was 160-165 when I was nineteen and that was about ten pounds from where I was actually aiming to be. Now I'm 180 as of this morning and I am a size 10 ( a size smaller than I was at nineteen) and my body fat % is at 30 or so percent.

I originally had a goal of 150, but when I realized how quickly my body fat % was dropping, I decided that 150 might be a little low for me. I am still aiming for that number, but I've also put a default of 160 as a good goal as well. I figure once I get there, I will judge my goals and reassess if need be.
  • shannonalyss
    Options
    I'm 5' 9" with a large frame. My goal use to be 165 lbs until I went to the gym and got body mass analyzed and they told me that I was 165 lbs in just muscle and bones..... OY! So now my goal is 180-185... but that's just me of course. When I was 200 lbs I wore a size 14. ...
  • kirstyfairhead
    kirstyfairhead Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You could go up to around 175 and still be in a healthy BMI range. I think your current goal is probably a bit low and it can be really demoralising to set a goal that you end up feeling you will never achieve. If I were you I would set something in the middle and if you hit that weight and are still feeling a little heavy then re-set your goal.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 9" with a large frame. My goal use to be 165 lbs until I went to the gym and got body mass analyzed and they told me that I was 165 lbs in just muscle and bones..... OY! So now my goal is 180-185... but that's just me of course. When I was 200 lbs I wore a size 14. ...

Like you, I am 195 lbs and a size 12. The dress in my photo is actually a size 8 (it is very tight right now and my target outfit).. I don't think I'll ever get much below 170 in a healthy manner.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    You could always work backwards to figure out what your personal ideal body weight would be. Have your body fat % done.... use that number to determine how much non-fat you have..... then add what amount of body fat you want back.

If you are 200 pounds and have a 35% body fat.... your non-fat self is 130lbs.... some fat is essential for life... so maybe you want to be in the higher end of athetic with a 18% body fat range..... you can say your goal weight is 158ish..... but be aware that if you strength train and want to keep that 18% range your weight will go up because you are adding pounds to the non-fat part of you in the form of muscle, bone density, and supporting structures.....

I remember the first time I had my BF% done and realized 140lbs of me was non-fat.... it made my goal of 135 completely ridiculous and made me realize that not everyone is meant to be a certain weight.....

Essential Body Fat vs. Obese Body Fat Percentages
    Due to the functions and baby-making potential of the female body, essential body fat for women is 10 to 13 percent, which is much higher than the essential fat for men of 2 to 5 percent. On the other end of the spectrum, over 32 percent is considered obese for women, while anything over 25 percent is obese for a man. Female athletes strive for body fat percentages of 14 to 20 percent, while women who aim to be better than average or normal, but are not as lean as an athlete fall in the 21 to 24 percent range.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/151197-normal-body-fat-percentage-for-females/#ixzz2I9HkppoF
  • dmkirk28
    dmkirk28 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    5'10 1/2 I am currently 216. My goal is 180. At 170 I start to look too thin and bony. I guess it just depends on our individual body shapes. Good Luck ladies!!!
  • carolyn0613
    carolyn0613 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for the middle of the large frame weight range which is about 12 stones or 168lb. I'm 5'10"
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and my trainer has my UGW set at 190 lbs. I'm not a small framed person and even with not lifting for six months I can bench 90 lbs. I'm strong and curvy and finally learned to love that about me.
  • JuveMom
    JuveMom Posts: 12
    Options
    Mine is 135 as well..although I'm quite a bit shorter than you are...
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    5'10 and am desperately trying to get beyond 151lbs which i have been stuck at forever. I would love to be at 145. I don't think 135 is too low pending you are doing it healthily and have low bodyfat.
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal weight is sub 140lbs. My lightest was 137. I'd really like to get into distance running and I know my knees hurt less the less I weigh, and I was still healthy at that weight.

Edited for spelling
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10.5" and am aiming for around 160. In my younger days I hovered between 150-155. I'm not sure if that's an attainable or wise goal at this time of my life. So, I'll reassess at 160 but think that's a reasonable goal.
  • iggylove123
    Options
    I'm 5'9.5" and I'm at 171.2lb right now. My goal is 170 but if I want to lose more 165! the lowest I would go would be 160, but I don't think that that would happen. I have a larger frame, I have child bearing hips haha
  • fortunateflyer
    fortunateflyer Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9.75 and aiming for 147.

My frame is on the small side of medium and I have a good amount of muscle but I'm not "curvy" (ie my bust has always been small and I have a runner's flat butt lol). I'm 163ish now.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    i'm 175 cm tall (a inch or 2 shorter than you) and i'm goaling 80kg which is about 175 lb. I have huge boobs and want to stay curvy, and also have a wider frame. My goals a little above ídeal weight'but ídeal weight'makes me look like brunette barbie
  • peace_frog21
    peace_frog21 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Kind of depends on your frame. I'm 5'9" but am legitimately big boned, so I'm aiming for 165-175. I was 155 when I graduated from high school and way too thin when I look back on it. If you're smaller framed maybe 145-150. Check a BMI chart and see what "normal weight" is for the height.
  • dianachen1276
    Options
    I am 5'8" and my weight averages 130 throughout the day. I have a small frame and only want to lose about 5 pounds but despite doing high intensity cardio and some weightlifting for about a month and a half the scale has not shown any real improvement. I do think I have better tone and my measurements have gotten better. Because of this, I have recently decided to not worry about the scale and just worry about adding muscle and tone. I have upped my daily caloric goal as well to facilitate this.