diet pills?

Options
so whats so bad about taking diet pills for energy? awhile back i had absolutely no energy..i didnt have the energy to even clean my house much less exercise..then i starting taking a 1/2 a diet pill a day and exercising and watching what i ate..and i lost weight like crazy,.AND KEPT IT OFF. im thinking about taking them again. so why does everyone say its so bad?

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    If you want to take pills for "energy" for the rest of your life, regardless of the damage it can do to your body, enjoy! :noway: Most people around here prefer to get their energy from eating healthy nutritious food and exercise...(Yeah, weird, I know - exercise gives you energy.....:bigsmile:
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    tracey-morgan-nope.gif
  • jessica0danielle
    jessica0danielle Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    :) i figured i would get that response...
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    can I ask what diet pills they were ?

personally would never take them (health nut here), I got fat by being lazy so no quick fixes for me...working it off and learn never to do that again !

Doesn't stop me dreaming about a magic pill that'll help me lose weight and make me all pretty..blahhh.

Do you read ALL the side effects ?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Doesn't stop me dreaming about a magic pill that'll help me lose weight and make me all pretty..blahhh.

I'm not sure they make people much prettier than you already are.
  • apexgtp
    apexgtp Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've taken all kinds of energy pills since I was in high school. Most worked but I was never consistent with them. Honestly I got some N2KTS for pre workout supplement and I can feel it all day. I feel great with it!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    If I were lacking energy, the first thing I would do is increase my calorie intake.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Coffee works well for suppressing my appetite. That's as far as I go.

Healthy nutritious food and exercise will give you more energy than any diet pill ever will. I can't stress this enough - don't do it.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    :) i figured i would get that response...

Then why did you ask?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    so whats so bad about taking diet pills for energy? awhile back i had absolutely no energy..i didnt have the energy to even clean my house much less exercise..then i starting taking a 1/2 a diet pill a day and exercising and watching what i ate..and i lost weight like crazy,.AND KEPT IT OFF. im thinking about taking them again. so why does everyone say its so bad?

it isnt that they are so bad.

most diet related pills are based on caffeine. too much caffeine can be negative but it takes alot.

diet pills, compared to caffeine pills or better yet, good coffee, are more expensive.

if they are working for you, then that is what matters. I am not advocating diet pills, but I do advocate coffee and even caffeine pills if you dont have high blood pressure or some other medical condition that precludes caffeiene.

there is nothing lovelier than grinding your own coffee beans and smelling and tasting fresh coffee before a workout.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options

I'm not sure they make people much prettier than you already are.

oh I like you ! hahaa..thanks (also I'm 100% sure they do beau)
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    tracey-morgan-nope.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    And then there are the teenagers who over-use diet pills and have heart attacks. Who wouldn't want some of that?!

If I need energy, I will have a Diet Dr. Pepper, or some yogurt with granola, or a nap, or some combination of those things.
  • Bikini_Beast
    Options
    i lost weight like crazy,.AND KEPT IT OFF

so, why consider taking them again?
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    If your energy levels are so low that you think you need a supplement to feel better, you might consider talking to your doctor. I've actually been to 4 different doctors because I had any and every hypothyroid symptom - come to find out, my testosterone was very low and my T3 (the active thyroid hormone) was also low. TSH is what they normally test for thyroid disfunction, but that can be normal and your thyroid system as a whole can still be off. Doctor #4 has me on testosterone and B12 injections, as well as some herbal adrenal and thyroid support. My energy levels are MUCH higher and I'm not having to take anything that isn't natural.

Diet pills are nothing but caffeine - you might as well just drink some coffee and save your money.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    i lost weight like crazy,.AND KEPT IT OFF

so, why consider taking them again?

I was about to say the same thing... If you lost weight like crazy and kept it off why are you here?

THe problem with diet pills is that they are not healthy.. they can have very serious side effects even if you have taken them before.

Diet pills don't work... they don't make you lose weight. They may either make you feel like they are helping or give you a bit more energy but only because of the caffeine. There are healthier ways to increase your energy.
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    You don't want to be taking diet pills and the like for long periods of time because it usually puts a big strain on your heart.
  • jessica0danielle
    Options
    If I were lacking energy, the first thing I would do is increase my calorie intake.

lol trust me i eat enough calories
  • jessica0danielle
    Options

there is nothing lovelier than grinding your own coffee beans and smelling and tasting fresh coffee before a workout.

i hate coffee..
  • jessica0danielle
    Options
    well clearly i havent lost all of the weight i wanted to . did anyone ever ask u why u was here?