eating back exercise calories..the point?

Options
124»

Replies

• Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Perhaps if you are 5'8" and 130 pounds, you don't need to lose weight. Eat at maintenance, exercise moderately, and get on with your life.

^THIS

I agree. im 5'7: and close to 260. The healthy weight for women our height* is 130-150 some even go to 160. When first reading this, I didn't believe it was a real thread. but if you're serious about it, then eat back your calories if you're not losing and see what happens.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I just calculated the calories for my homemade totally from scratch apple pie. It's fcking awesome apple pie. One slice is 348 calories. If I wasn't going to eat back my exercise calories it would be way difficult for me to fit a slice or two of that pie into my calories for the day. I would be missing out on some of the finest goddamned apple pie to ever grace a fcking plate. That would be a huge tragedy. Don't live a tragic life, eat pie instead.

^^YES!!!
  • spm2010
    spm2010 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Perhaps if you are 5'8" and 130 pounds, you don't need to lose weight. Eat at maintenance, exercise moderately, and get on with your life.

Im 5'9 and at my lowest 155lbs I was skelator, so I can imagine 130 being really low, don't know why you'd want to lose more weight.
  • carstanger
    carstanger Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Some of us on this site had Vertical sleeve procedure or other Gastric surgery to help with weight loss so can't eat the calories they talk about. I have to go by grams of protein per day, 60 and 64 ounces of sugar free liquids a day. I can only eat certain foods at this point. And need to exercise so my body doesn't think it is starving.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,655 Member
    Options
    All I got out of this thread is that there's pie.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    All I got out of this thread is that there's pie.

Does anything else matter?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,138 Member
    Options
    Some of us on this site had Vertical sleeve procedure or other Gastric surgery to help with weight loss so can't eat the calories they talk about. I have to go by grams of protein per day, 60 and 64 ounces of sugar free liquids a day. I can only eat certain foods at this point. And need to exercise so my body doesn't think it is starving.

Totally.....not.....on .......topic.....? What the...
  • Cptrob
    Cptrob Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    on a positive note.. really awesome before and after pics MoreBean! Great work!

I can't read your sarcasm to tell if this is genuine or intended as a dig. But, I'm good at choosing how I want to hear things- so, THANKS! :bigsmile:

i thought it would sound sarcastic.. i was honestly being truthful. They are awesome pics!
  • Cptrob
    Options

Exactly. That's her proof. She practices what she preaches and we all love her for it.

What's yours?

No proof. Like i said, everyone is correct. My mistake

LOL!! Here's some more proof:

2012-10-23063957-1.jpg

So where are the VLCD people (or whatever the hell stance it is you were going on about) who have done anything resembling this ^^^? Oh, and that's in 3mos. Purely eating at a small deficit and lifting for 1hr 3x a week. NOTHING more.

Oh, and I ate back my exercise calories :).

good pics..looks like some solid progress.

I'm not sure what your point is? You have lost some weight in 3 months while under a caloric deficit, i don't think anyone is arguing that..
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

Exactly. That's her proof. She practices what she preaches and we all love her for it.

What's yours?

No proof. Like i said, everyone is correct. My mistake

LOL!! Here's some more proof:

2012-10-23063957-1.jpg

So where are the VLCD people (or whatever the hell stance it is you were going on about) who have done anything resembling this ^^^? Oh, and that's in 3mos. Purely eating at a small deficit and lifting for 1hr 3x a week. NOTHING more.

Oh, and I ate back my exercise calories :).

good pics..looks like some solid progress.

I'm not sure what your point is? You have lost some weight in 3 months while under a caloric deficit, i don't think anyone is arguing that..

You offer very strange and vague references. What's your deal?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

You offer very strange and vague references. What's your deal?

I think he's hangry.
  • Cptrob
    Options
    Im super huuungrry :). I never eat! ;)
    Jk! I eat plenty!