i'm scared and i don't know what to expect

Options
13»

Replies

• bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Besides if you really love them you won't be doing this

You obviously don't know anything about mental illness.
    When you feel like everyone would be happier without you and you'd be making the world a better place it's a different story.

Get well soon , Get the help you need and allow your family into your Life ..
    I had 2 people in my life that are no longer here today because they both took their own life . If you think your family members will be much happier , YOUR WRONG !
    My best friend took his life 15 years ago , And I think of him every single day !
    3 years later My brother took his life , And Not a single day goes by where I have forgotten . I miss them so much , even more on holidays .
    My family , My best friends family hurt every single day . It's not worth it !
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

When you feel like everyone would be happier without you and you'd be making the world a better place it's a different story.

^Truth.

(1) I don't know you and don't know what your home life is like but judging by your profile, its not optimal.

(2) In all likelihood your parents/grandparents are scared sh**tless and may say something that's less than eloquent. Prepare yourself for that but know that it is your life and as such its all you have.

(3) You need to find a way to help yourself. The mental health system is there but there are not enough experts in the world to fix someone who doesn't really want help. No one can really "fix" you but you.

(4) Find something that drives you, and use it. And find something that's healthy that you enjoy and do it.

When did I say I didn't want help? There's a reason I go to a psychologist every week?
    I dance, I run, I lift weights, I eat healthily 24/7... none of these things are healthy?

I've been a counselor in the mental health field for many years. One thing we always tell those who have survived a suicide attempt is that, "Suicide is a very permanent 'solution' to a temporary problem." If you ever get the urge again, just call someone or even come here to get someone to talk you out of it. It is important for you to understand why you feel so hopeless. Usually, hopelessness is quite ill-founded and is often just the result of emotions run amok. Once your hope is restored, you will no longer entertain destructive urges. Light and love to you at this blessed time of year.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    First off I am sorry that you felt you had no other alternative than that. I don't know your situation, and I won't make any judgements but I'm sure it has to be something horribly heavy for you to come to that.
    Your family *SHOULDNT* do any chastizing you for what you did. Hopefully they will be sensitive enough to let you know and reassure you that they love you and support you. However they may not, they may be the reason why you felt you had no other option than to attempt to OD. I have no advice, but I do wish you luck not only tomorrow but everyday.
  • BorderlineAngel
    Options
    they may be the reason why you felt you had no other option than to attempt to OD.

dingdingding
  • BorderlineAngel
    Options
    wasn't as bad as i thought it would be..
    was a lil awkward though
  • CelebrateLife
    CelebrateLife Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My heart goes out to you I feel your pain -- when you feel all hope is gone and there's no other solution .......
    but hunny it's not worth it and does not resolve anything it just brings more pain and heartache....
    I promise you there are better days ahead ..... You have the strength and power to overcome -- You can do it!

Your family is concerned over your well being and they love you... They are mainly thinking of how they can be of help to you and bring you the joy and happiness you deserve ... They are more than happy that you will be there tomorrow not thinking of what happened instead thinking of all the ways they can shower you with Love... Don't worry about what they may be thinking just know its all positive accompanied with unconditional Love :)

Good Luck Tomorrow & Every Day Thereafter!!!
    May all of your Days be Filled with Happiness Joy Peace Harmony & Supreme Bliss
    May you always remember that you're Loved and Cared for even by people you don't know!

My thoughts and prayers are with you ... Sending you Warm Wishes
    Hugs*** Hugs*** Hugs*** Hugs*** Hugs*** Hugs*** Hugs*** Hugs*** Hugs*** Hugs*** Hugs***

If ever you need a friend I'm always here :)
    Smile it will get Better!
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    was a lil awkward though

Really pleased for you. Enjoy the rest of your holidays. :flowerforyou:
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    was a lil awkward though

I'm glad you survived it. Both physically and mentally.

I know this isn't the same, but I'll share my story with you. My sister's story. My sister became a drug addict at around age 13 or 14. There were years of use, and then a couple years of being clean, then using again, then clean again From then until she finally got healthy at age 36, there were many many many suicide attempts. It was a bad time. But she finally got the kind of help that worked for her and has been healthy and drug-free for 5 years. Also, she is now properly medicated for some mental health issues. There were many years there that the rest of our family, we just didn't have any idea what to do, how to deal with the situation, how to cope with our own feelings about it, how to include her in family events, etc. We just had no clue, and she didn't want us to help at that time. But now...she's healthy and she knows how to get help from many different sources if she needs it. She's learned how to manage herself. It took a long time. And a lot of fear on everyone's part. You are already seeking help at a young age. You'll make it. Your family will figure it out, too. There will be some awkwardness and some bad feelings and bad behavior all around, I'm sure. But the trust will build again. You just have to keep working for it. Work hard.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    The main thing is to forgive yourself and move on. As long as your body has breath, things can always get better. Learn to confide in those you trust and realize that nobody is harder on you than yourself. Run toward those you love, not away. The main thing is that they will want to know how to help you... not judge you. If you need to talk, most of us on this board are willing to listen.
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Right now, all you need to do is focus on yourself. Maintaining the inner atmosphere of your own head. It's hard not to get paranoid about what other people think of you, but try anyway. Try to keep your focus anywhere but other people until you get a little stronger. I know that sounds selfish, but selfish isn't always a bad word - just means 'of the self', which is your top priority right now.

I've been where you're at. I'm a borderline and mixed state girl myself. It's not easy, but I'm proof you can survive, at least. *hugs*
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Hi :flowerforyou: without going into too much detail, I have had some close experience of suicide (one lost his life) and it is devastating for those who are around the person. I also agree with the poster who said the questions are about oneself - what could I have done etc - no blame attached to the person who is in that dark place. When taking your own life away seems the solution you are not in a good place, and you need professional help to get out of it, and support from family, friends, if they are able to do that for you. Sometimes family may not be the best help, and it sounds like that is the case for you, which is sad for you and for them.

My daughter is now well and very happy in her life - I love her so much and it is wonderful to see her laugh and be happy.

You are a lovely young woman, you have a job, qualifications, ambitions, please take care of you, it is a hard world sometimes but there are the occasional magical moments that make it worthwhile. Life will get better, give it a chance :smile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Your family will be so thankful that you are there with them that their primary emotion will be one of gratitude. The thought of losing you must have terrified them. You just dont realize how precious you are to them.

This doesnt just involve you, but your family as well.

Merry Christmas dear. I hope you see many more with your family.

Jim
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    They may not know quite what to say or whether it's OK to ask you questions. I don't know your family but no one is perfect. Please give them the benefit of the doubt if someone says the "wrong" thing somehow. They will be so happy to see you!

^^^^This

Very wise advice.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Sorry I missed this yesterday, but I am sure that they welcomed you with open arms and broken hearts! Hope that you can pull through whatever has got you down!
  • Djbass728
    Djbass728 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't see this yesterday to respond to you. My son tried twice to take his life - and no one is/was judging him - we are just so grateful he is still here with us!!! I hope your Christmas was amazing! Life is hard and we all deal with things in our own way - don't be hard on yourself. You will find tons of support in this community!!!