What I did in 2012 that I had never done before

Options
osewcute
osewcute Posts: 244 Member
1 - For the first time in my 40 years, exercising became something I do for stress relief, relaxation and fun, not because I had an event to look good for.

2 - I brought a chapter of a girls running group to my children's school this fall and after 10 weeks of training I ran a 5K with my 9 year old daughter and her classmates

3 - I have worked out all year long whereas before I never made it past 3 weeks

4 - I started weightlifting and can now bench press 85 pounds, squat 65 pounds and can do 25 pushups and a 2 minute plank

5 - I am going into 2013 with 5 pounds less of me, 8 inchess less of me, 1 dress size smaller

6 - My resting heart rate went from 90 to 65

6 - I am stronger, happier and more confident at 40 than I was at 20

Can't wait to see what I can do in 2013!

How about you?

Replies

• alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    1 - For the first time in my 40 years, exercising became something I do for stress relief, relaxation and fun, not because I had an event to look good for.

2 - I brought a chapter of a girls running group to my children's school this fall and after 10 weeks of training I ran a 5K with my 9 year old daughter and her classmates

4 - I started weightlifting and can now bench press 85 pounds, squat 65 pounds and can do 25 pushups and a 2 minute plank

5 - I am going into 2013 with 5 pounds less of me, 8 inchess less of me, 1 dress size smaller

How about you?

Hellz to the yeah on this ^

Well done, way to meet the challenges and find the benefits. Here's to your continued success.
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Options

How about you?

Hellz to the yeah on this ^

Well done, way to meet the challenges and find the benefits. Here's to your continued success.

Thank you!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Rode over 20 miles on a bicycle
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Participated in not only 1 5k walking... but 2 of them!
  • lukester19
    lukester19 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Wow a great list of accomplishments! I am sure you can carry on and make even greater progress in to 2013.

One thing that I am happy with this year is that I was able to come in to training most of the year with a positive mindset. It made all the workouts enjoyable and flow nicely.
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job on everything! 2013 will be great!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    That's great! Keep up the good work!!
  • asglovesdaisy
    Options
    ts amazing how just a few changes can make such a difference in ones life, personally i would love to do some sort of activity activity every day, not just to lose weight but because it feels soo good. thanks for posting
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options

How about you?

1- I have been going to the gym at least 2x a week ( most of the time 3-4x) for 11 months!

2-I started weight training. among other things, I can squat 110#, deadlift 70#, leg press 338#

3- I have visible muscles!!

4- I have dropped 32.4lbs and kept them off.

5- I went from a loose size 18 to a snug 14.

ETA- for 2013 I already have a few goals set. I want to squat 150# by Valentines day. I also want to drop a few more pounds and tighten up my mid section.
  • cHaRlIe0411
    cHaRlIe0411 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    1. I can run 5k without feeling like I'm going to die, and swim a kilometer nonstop

2. I actually started working out and making a difference in my body, whereas before I would only pretend to work out and never change my body at all

3. I'm eating vegetables!

4. I am below 140 pounds and will stay below there for good

For 2013, I am hoping to drop my stable weight below 135 (meaning that even when I am bloated and full after a weekend of drinking, I am still not over 135). I am also hoping to run a sprint triathlon in August: 750 meter swim, 20k of biking, and 5k run.
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I completed a Dirty Girl Run and started taking Zumba and Body Combat classes!!!!! I am fitter now at 49 than I was at 29!!!!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    5k's, a 10k, and mud runs oh my!

Weeeee're off to become Spartans...
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    A big congrats to you. You've really made that life style change. Feeling better at 40 than at 20 is a major accomplishment.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I lost 42lbs.

I grew my hair longer than it'd ever been.

I worked at YooMoo.

And more :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    1. deadlifts

2. weighted back squats

3. zip-lined (I am scared of heights)

4. cave rappelled

5. jet ski'd
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Shaved my head (it was for surgery, but ended up being comfy for summer too)
    Ran a 10k
    Ran not one, but TWO half marathons... while pregnant (never ran a half marathon before)
  • Kelogik
    Options
    1. Ran/walked a 5k

2. Lost 30 lbs in one year!

3. Started a job that I actually enjoy working at.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    congrats to everyone above. great job. i can't wait to post my list, but short on time, so i'll come back in a day or two. great thread!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    5k's, a 10k, and mud runs oh my!

Weeeee're off to become Spartans...

ETA: Got a common-law divorce/separation.

5k, 10k, 15k runs - EVER

Push ups

Wear daring clothes

FOR SPARTAAAAAAA!
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    1/ Pain in my knee is now the exception rather than the norm.
    2/ Exercise 6-7 times a week.
    3/ Shed over 50lbs.
    4/ Gone from an XL top to a medium.
    5/ Wore my first pair of small track pants since I was a teen.

Congrats on your successes so far and to all your future ones too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!