How are you going to handle Xmas/Boxing day

Options

Replies

• pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I will log food. But plan to eat in moderation. Maybe just stick to a few favorite holiday dishes instead of all.
  • BigBigBertha
    BigBigBertha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Both on Christmas Day and Boxing Day I'm planning to do a 20 min dvd workout in the morning, and although I'm not logging I will try to curb my greed and just eat a little of everything in moderation.

It's to be seen whether I'll actually manage this... I've been in the habit of stuffing in all the food I can find on previous Christmases! But I won't stress too much if it doesn't go to plan, after all it's only a couple of days. The important thing for me is that I get straight back to the healthy eating on the 27th!
  • metalloz
    metalloz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am not logging. We are having salads and cold meats such as ham and chicken so I think it will actually be quite healthy. I wont eat breakfast/mid morning snack so I think I should be able to stay within 1500-2000 cals.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I logged my Christmas day food a few days ago - it's about 3000 calories, and I'm probably going to have a few chocolates on top of that. I went over this evening as well, but I'm not going to stress about it, I intend to be back on the wagon on Boxing Day, sending most of the Christmas cake away with home-going guests and giving the rest to my OH to keep and eat.

A couple of days of over-eating will just make a little dent in the overall plan.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast, will pile on a lot of veggies and am having poached salmon for lunch, which I know is healthy as it is what I have at home, avoiding too much potato/roast parsnip, will have a touch of stuffing and cranberry sauce, and will have one portion of dessert/chocolates or whatever. Also plan on taking a brisk walk at some stage, worked out hard today, and my bf is around so that helps me stay on track as I don't feel comfortable eating too much in front of him.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I'll log and eat close to my daily cals. I don't see any reason not to do what's been working.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I, personally will eat my own body weight in turkey, drink too much wine, go to sleep in the afternoon, probably dribble on my OH a bit whilst sleeping, wake up, eat again then go back to logging on Boxing Day. Xmas is but once a year. I intend to enjoy it
  • nicleed
    nicleed Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I am going to eat and drink till the food and wine is gone. No logging, no worrying about calorie count. It's once a year and, ya know, if I gain a pound or so, I will tweak my goals for January...
  • LesleyGillan
    Options
    I am going to eat, drink and be merry and pay for it in the new year :drinker: :devil: :smokin: :laugh:
  • nicholawelch
    nicholawelch Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am going to log to keep myself accountable but at the same time I am not going to deny myself anything either. I think it will be an interesting journey over christmas.

I am going to try to get to the pool as well to get a little exercise but on the whole I am not going to worry about it. I didn't lose weight overnght so it won't go back on overnight.
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I will log and eat what I like in moderation. Since I'm a celiac many of the naughty items are off limits. The day won't be much different from a regular day.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I am going to eat all the food... Log none or the calories and then work out... I may not lose but if I maintain I will consider that a victory.
  • lyndalpn
    lyndalpn Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Well I ate, drank, was merry, logged it all...and was under! Haha awesome!!!
  • mikelindo
    mikelindo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions. I'm making a custom category called "Holiday Fun" and logging 4000 calories. And I'm going to keep going until the night ends. Like I've seen a lot of others saying, I've lost 55lbs since I started at the beginning of Sept. and haven't had any major hiccups since that time. One night in 4 months isn't going to hurt. Time to start back hard-core tomorrow :) Good luck everyone in your quest!
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm working my second 12 hour shift and trying not to eat too many sweets
  • metalloz
    metalloz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am not logging. We are having salads and cold meats such as ham and chicken so I think it will actually be quite healthy. I wont eat breakfast/mid morning snack so I think I should be able to stay within 1500-2000 cals.

Ok I lied. Whilst there was lots of healthy food, I over did it on the chocolate, cream and mixed nuts haha. Looking at around 3500 cals :D...
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I had a lovely relaxing day yesterday and despite eating everything I wanted I only ate an extra 100 calories. I think it would have been a lot more if I was not logging but it made me feel more accountable. I had told myself that I wouldn't stress if it was a couple of hundred more but in the end I found I didn't want to eat as much as I thought. Great feeling :)
  • ifyouknew
    ifyouknew Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Christmas Day- ate everything I wanted and didn't log anything. Did a quick add of 4000 calories which was probably an overestimate but it doesn't matter- it was just one day. This is the only day of the year I will do this. I don't expect one day to make any difference whatsoever to my weight. (But I don't do this the entire holiday season, just Christmas Day. The rest of December I was logging and eating less than I burned every day- even if there was a Christmas party or whatever. You can get away with it for one day, but if you overeat for 5 or 6 days it will definitely catch up with you.)
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Christmas day and boxing day I'm going to eat and just enjoy myself then back to normal :smile:
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    This year for the first time ever in my life I did not want to eat everything in sight. My attitude to food has changed. I jumped on the scales this morning and have lost 1.2lbs. My first thought was 'how sad is that, get a life', but what is the point if I didn't want it? I had enough food.