Your worst present

Options
124»

Replies

• karawRN
    karawRN Posts: 311
    Options
    Last year my daughter got a home made coloring book. seriously a homemade one. This was given by my soon-to-be-ex-husband's aunt who is probably around 45 years old. It had one letter of the alphabet drawn in "bubble letters" on each page.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    An ex gave me a dirt bike for Xmas
    I've never ridden a dirt bike in my life
    I've never expressed an interest in riding one
    Funnily enough, said bike was one he had wanted for himself. And as soon as I'd unwrapped "my" gift, he took it outside and rode off, didn't see him for the rest of the day.

Same guy bought me a vacuum for my birthday.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    The worst present is a toss up...my first married Christmas my Monster-in-law got me the most vile flannelette pyjamas, I was 22 years old, newly married, why on earth would I want pyjamas? I don't even wear anything to bed now and I am a Grandma, the same Christmas my Husband got me a food processor...WTF? I was not impressed...I did not want or need one, he told me it was his Mother's idea...he never brought me anything like it again
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I thought getting a chia pet and bunny slippers from my ex hubby was bad....but after reading these...omg....funny yet so sad at the same time. :heart:
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I get bad gifts all around, unless they give me specifically what i ask for. My mom gave me 50 dollars this year, no card. I gave her a really cute owl candle, candle plate, and braclette/earring set with a poem tying them all together. My mil gave me what i told her to get, but also gaveme a horrendous smelling lotion set that seemed kind of expensive, so i feel bad. My husband got me a bunch of stuff he would have bought me if it wasnt christmas, i cried. He got me four books, baking utensils, a necklace i told him i liked when we were at the fair, and an ugly bracelette. I got him a wedding ring (late, i know lol), a belt, and a red shirt. They were from nieman marcus. He had apparently been wanting both the belt and the shirt i bought him for a while. So those were all amazing to him. I just hate gifts with no meaning to them. He just kind of gave me a bunch of crap.

Edit; he also got me 2 boxes of chocolate, two bags of chocolate, headphones with weed leafs (what????) On them and animal print too. I told him about a million times that i dont like animal print stuff. I just had to tell him a what the hell on the chocolate and weed things. Really????????? Im sad just think about the bags of crap he got me, thoughtless! He didnt even wrap them.

Edit2; mixing bowls.... i forgot mixing bowls.... after i had bought myself new fancy glass mixing bowls two weeks earlier... he stopped by target on his way home and bought all the stuff right before he gave it to me... oh, and a half price books calendar...
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    My present isn't that bad, but I'm looking forward to my future nonetheless.
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I got 12 tubes of dried out super glue, 12 pocket knives, a Gillette for men pack of disposable razors and a can of Axe body spray from my Dad. Guess he didn't get the memo 33 years ago that I was born a girl.

He got my Mom a giant bag of rubber bands.

Really.
    [/quote

omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously!!!! im at work and just busted up laughing so hard lol this is great haha wow just wow]
  • whitneyps7
    Options
    my last girlfriend looked like she either blindly grabbed ****e off the shelf or regifted stuff for me. A book about dogs where she wrote some corny thing on the inside page...and a Christmas card that looked like all the good ones were taken and she had no choice...i didn't even get what the card meant it was so stupid.

And all my gifts were all well thought out...i was a little disappointed.

lol so funny almost fell off my chair lol that blows!!!!!!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    My eldest daughter gave me a gift basket, don't remember if it was my B-day or Christmas, it was vanilla scented which she likes, I do not. She told me she got it from someone going door to door selling these things. When I opened the jar of body butter to smell it and be nice telling her it smelled good, I found it was 1/2 gone with finger marks in it. After she left I looked at the rest and saw that a lot of it was used. It really was the thought that counted with that one because it was gross!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I get bad gifts all around, unless they give me specifically what i ask for. My mom gave me 50 dollars this year, no card. I gave her a really cute owl candle, candle plate, and braclette/earring set with a poem tying them all together. My mil gave me what i told her to get, but also gaveme a horrendous smelling lotion set that seemed kind of expensive, so i feel bad. My husband got me a bunch of stuff he would have bought me if it wasnt christmas, i cried. He got me four books, baking utensils, a necklace i told him i liked when we were at the fair, and an ugly bracelette. I got him a wedding ring (late, i know lol), a belt, and a red shirt. They were from nieman marcus. He had apparently been wanting both the belt and the shirt i bought him for a while. So those were all amazing to him. I just hate gifts with no meaning to them. He just kind of gave me a bunch of crap.

Edit; he also got me 2 boxes of chocolate, two bags of chocolate, headphones with weed leafs (what????) On them and animal print too. I told him about a million times that i dont like animal print stuff. I just had to tell him a what the hell on the chocolate and weed things. Really????????? Im sad just think about the bags of crap he got me, thoughtless! He didnt even wrap them.

Edit2; mixing bowls.... i forgot mixing bowls.... after i had bought myself new fancy glass mixing bowls two weeks earlier... he stopped by target on his way home and bought all the stuff right before he gave it to me... oh, and a half price books calendar...

I take it you're newly married? If so, you have lots of time to train him as to what is important to you in giving and receiving gifts. I very fortunately married a man who enjoys giving gifts and thinks anything with a cord attached isn't a gift (read coffee pots, even if I am the only one who drinks the coffee and asked for it, irons, vacum cleaners, etc). So give it a few weeks and then explain to the husband why you were disappointed and the importantce of thoughtful gift buying and wrapping. Good luck.
  • whitneyps7
    Options
    hot dog cooker thing. i HATE hot dogs they gross me out
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Its a toss up between Soap on a Rope or a $5 gift card to Starbucks (didn't know the amount until I got there, lol) Both, at different years from MIL.
  • ksnegirl
    ksnegirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Anybody else noticing that alot of these crappy gifts come from mother in laws?
  • Yankees242
    Yankees242 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I once got an 'extra medium' sized sweater as a gift (Secret Santa @ the Office)

- I am 6'2 and was 250lb at the time...
    :noway:
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I really wanted a baby rabbit for Christmas a few years ago, and my idiot bf bought me a rabbit calendar instead and called it good.

I dumped him that night. (for different reasons, but the crap gift certainly didn't make my decision any harder, lol!)
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    People close to me know better than to give a gift.
    Just send a card; it's nice to be thought of.
    The worse gift was a fancy digital scale with a body fat analyzer...nothing says ‘you're fat’ more than a scale as a gift....lol
    THANKS DAD!:ohwell:

I got a kitchen scale this Christmas, but I ASKED for it. I love it!
  • toottoots
    toottoots Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    my "p.c" moment, but I'm truly happy to receive any gift - Even if it is a bit rubbish lol ...I dont get many presents :)
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Last year I got my mom a very expensive bath set and her new husband who i just tolerate a gillette body wash set, a good one not the cheap ones. I also spent so much money on his daughter and when I opened my gift all i got was a pair of socks! My mom did the santa thing with his daughter and I came out of her and all i got was socks! so this year all I got her was a popcorn tin, She got me a set of potholders from the dollar store and some perfume my grandma would wear and it was a knockoff brand too. One of those our version of rare diamonds or something. I ccan't stand the smell adn my finace got some colonge again that he doesn't wear and clearly my mom does know he only wears stetson.
  • ddeyong
    Options
    Yeh, I was noticing the MIL consistency as well. My MIL is great but my step-mother is the evil one. Especially since my dad passed on. Step-sisters get great gifts and this year, we didn't get anything. Actually that's better than the token gift.

Oh well, my only hope is to not be like so many of these people that I am reading about here.
  • islandbeauty81
    islandbeauty81 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    A box of tea for secret Santa.