2013 Challenge - NO BINGEING ! - whos with me ?

Options

Replies

• LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    well lets try to find creative ways to keep ourselves accountable and motivate one another to not binge.. I am willing to do anything that may possibly help stop this awful habit!!!
  • getthegap_120
    Options
    i'll do it with you! I definitely need to work on that :)
  • awkwardpear
    awkwardpear Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've also found that forcing myself to eat on a schedule, even if I'm not hungry or don't want to at the time, really helps. And, when I'm really hungry but making food will take too long, I tend to gorge myself on junk - so eating a small snack, like a fruit or some veggies, before starting to cook might help as well.

Good luck to everyone! <3
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    Options
    I keep a little notebook in my purse and force myself to write everything down when I binge! then when I actually am thinking clearly I look at it and look up the calorie content of everything I ate in the binge.. and I am usually in shock... its usually a crazy absurd amount of calories.. this is something I just recently started doing.. just keeping myself accountable for my actions!
  • gems93
    gems93 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    well lets try to find creative ways to keep ourselves accountable and motivate one another to not binge.. I am willing to do anything that may possibly help stop this awful habit!!!

i will do anything to stop it too !

Ok to everyone who is on this challenge,

Lets all check in every monday ?

1. Number of binges (hopefully none)
    2. Triggers which set us off
    3. Naughty foods we have enjoyed in moderation
    4. Things that helped us through the week
    5. A general statement of how your going with your weight. No specific values though please.
  • myyblue
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just joined MFP today and and i'm checking out this app in hopes of getting control of my somewhat newly developed poor eating habits and lack of exercise. Up until 4 years ago (soon after the econonmy started heading south) like many others, i lost a pretty nice income that afforded me 2 gym memberships; one to a regular gym and one to a boxing gym, a kitchen stocked with everything healthy, like fresh fish, chicken breasts, egg beaters, whole grain wheat bread, fresh veggies, protein shakes/suppliments, etc. i worked out a minimum of 6 days a week and often times twice a day. I was in the best shape of my life. Along with losing the money and the ability to afford the healthy lifestyle that i was accustomed to, i lost my, my confidence, my motivatin, and my enthusiam for living a healthy lifestyle. Over the past 4 years i've gained almost 60 pounds!!! That's a small kid! My income has somewhat bounced back (only 1 gym membership) but yet, i can't seem to get back on track. I feel like i've fallen SOOOOO far off track that i can't even SEE the track anymore! I've fallen off the track, slid down the river banks into the river that runs next to the track! The current of bad diet and no exercise has swept me away and i'm a terrible swimmer! LOL! Ok , let me stop!

I binge eat too and i HATE it! My "guilty pleasure" is breakfast food and cheeseburgers and fries. I grew up watching TV while we ate dinner, so naturally, i like to watch TV and just eat and eat and eat. Or when i go shopping for clothes and nothing fits or looks right on me, i'll give up and stop thru a drive thru and order enough food for 2 - 3 people and eat it all in one sitting...in front of the TV. Even when im eating healthy, i eat too much and need to seriously control my portions. I eat when i'm bored or just for the taste of it or just because the food is in front of me. So i say "NO TO BINGEING" as well! Time to take back control of my life and get my "sexy" back! Like some of you, i'm staring now (today actually) so that i can get a jump start on 2013.

So I Thank You all for sharing your stories and i look forward to receiveing your words of encouragement as well as offering you my full support in this journey! :0)
  • Full4Life
    Full4Life Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    2 gym memberships; one to a regular gym and one to a boxing gym, a kitchen stocked with everything healthy, like fresh fish, chicken breasts, egg beaters, whole grain wheat bread, fresh veggies, protein shakes/suppliments, etc. i worked out a minimum of 6 days a week and often times twice a day. I was in the best shape of my life. Along with losing the money and the ability to afford the healthy lifestyle that i was accustomed to, i lost my, my confidence, my motivatin, and my enthusiam for living a healthy lifestyle. Over the past 4 years i've gained almost 60 pounds!!! That's a small kid! My income has somewhat bounced back (only 1 gym membership) but yet, i can't seem to get back on track

Hey girl! Don't I KNOW it... I've long known that the ONLY thing keeping me from healthy weight was bingeing. Though I just wanted to remind you, you do NOT need to go to the gym or spend money on protein powders/specialty foods to make it through.

I have NO gym membership, but I live next to a park, run 3-4mi, and cook healthy meals I can pack... usually brown rice, beans, veggies and lean meats... take a look at "clean eating". There's No part of eating clean that costs a lot of money.

I'm broke as heck and I do alright on the fitness end of things... could use a little more insight on how to handle bingeing... My gut's not too happy with me right now - cheeseburger binge! AHHHHH!!!!
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    Options

i will do anything to stop it too !

5. A general statement of how your going with your weight. No specific values though please.

sounds good to me!!!
  • Full4Life
    Full4Life Posts: 172 Member
    Options

See you Monday!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I binge.....im in!
  • myyblue
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder! I realize now that i don't need all that i used have to be healthy, it was just what i was used to. I've since readjusted but I just need the motivation that i had when i actually WANTED to work out and i enjoyed being in the gym and getting in a great workout or going on a 5 mile run. i'm so out of shape now that any work out i do kicks my booty so bad that i don't want to go back. but im fully aware that "a journey of a 1000 miles begins with one step." i just need to stop giving excuses and stop being afraid and do like Nike says... :O)
  • Beachlace
    Beachlace Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Me too! I binge and Im done with that! One day at a time!
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Yes Gems that's the Book :) Thanks for the Add
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    You should all join the binge eating support group... I'm in and active on my binge count days there. This is hard to find in the forums.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/726-binge-eating-support-group
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
    I wanna focus on respecting my natural hunger signals, continuing to eat sugar free (ALWAYS lessens the frequency of binges dramatically) and of course, not bingeing!!!
  • gems93
    gems93 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes Gems that's the Book :) Thanks for the Add

i ordered it honey xx
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I hope it helps you as much as it has helped me X
  • FCHW
    FCHW Posts: 35
    Options
    Yes ma'am, I'm in. :D
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options

Mine are:
    Weaknesses: Chocolate and potato chips
    Triggers: Starving myself for long durations and right after lunch or dinner

They say it takes 2 weeks to almost overcome a bad habit and 4 weeks to get rid of it completely.

Feel free to check in as regular as you need. With both your achievements and slip ups.

Gem x

If you want a great way to get your potato chip fix, do Microwave chips! Use a mandolin, or if you have elite knife skills, super thin slice a russet potato, place in a single layer on parchment paper in the microwave. Season with any seasonings you would want on chips, and cook for 3-6 minutes until starting to brown. They come out tasting just like baked lays with all the crunch you could want in a regular chip. And since your not using any oil to cook them, its only the calorie cost of the potato. (medium russet potato is only 110 or so)

Give it a try and you can get your chip fix without having any guilt!
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    this is what I am doing on my fitness pal diary also. the good the bad and the ugly.
    I keep a little notebook in my purse and force myself to write everything down when I binge! then when I actually am thinking clearly I look at it and look up the calorie content of everything I ate in the binge.. and I am usually in shock... its usually a crazy absurd amount of calories.. this is something I just recently started doing.. just keeping myself accountable for my actions!