ALL OF GEORGE BAILEY'S PROBLEMS ARE DUE TO MARY!

Options
doorki
doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
Think about it, he had all of these hopes and dreams to travel the world and build cities. Once he told her this, she threw a rock and wished that they would live in that house together in the town where he didn't want to be. Then, immediately, his father has a stroke and dies. This starts the cycle of entrapment which leads to his attempted suicide.

awful movie.

Replies

• Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I am now sad because you broke down one of my favorite movies .... and worse part.....it makes sense...DAMN YOU MARY!
  • doorki
    Options
    I am now sad because you broke down one of my favorite movies .... and worse part.....it makes sense...DAMN YOU MARY!

Sorry about that. My wife makes me watch it at least once a year.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Maybe that's why it's my favorite Christmas movie...
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    what movie is this lol
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

I refuse to look at it that way heh
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    what movie is this lol

It's a Wonderful Life

Havent' you ever heard the phrase "everytime a bell rings, an angel gets their wings"??
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

I refuse to look at it that way heh

I think I will just go back into denial! I watch it throughout the year and need it still to be a hopeful movie DAMNIT!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Now I HAVE to watch it again.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    nope
    his brother. Duh.

On another note. Just watched it for the very first time last week.
  • doorki
    Options
    nope
    his brother. Duh.

Nah. His brother was removed from the picture by Potter. There was a back room deal between Potter and the brother's wife's father to remove him from the situation because Potter didn't want to deal with him.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    nope
    his brother. Duh.

I agree. Mary had NOTHING to do with his dad's death. His brother is the reason that he was deaf in one ear, and George also spent all his savings sending his brother through school.Mary is his whole world and the reason that his life is so wonderful, in spite of everything bad.

Also, let's not forget Uncle Billy! OMG!
  • doorki
    Options
    nope
    his brother. Duh.

I agree. Mary had NOTHING to do with his dad's death. His brother is the reason that he was deaf in one ear, and George also spent all his savings sending his brother through school.Mary is his whole world and the reason that his life is so wonderful, in spite of everything bad.

Also, let's not forget Uncle Billy! OMG!

But you are forgetting that without Mary's wish George would have gone to college and then left that town. I am not exonerating any of the other fools in that town who took advantage of George but it was that one moment when Mary made that wish that led to all of the other issues. He was doing fine with only hearing in one ear.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    True.... but Mary is HOT!!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    It was dumb *kitten* Uncle Billy who lost all the money and George chose between the bank and his honeymoon. Why would George let him handle any money at all?
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    This is the most intelligent discussion on MFP in quite some time.
  • doorki
    Options
    It was dumb *kitten* Uncle Billy who lost all the money and George chose between the bank and his honeymoon. Why would George let him handle any money at all?

But George would not have been working at the Building and Loan if Mary had not made that wish. He would have been out in the world.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    WOW I never really looked at it that way! It makes soooo much sense. I just saw it twice this month.
    Uncle Billy is a close 2nd too!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    You're missing the point. It's not about his "problems". Everyone has problems that are as bad or worse than those in the life of George Bailey. The movie is about finding contentment and happiness in the life you've been given, even if it didn't turn out exactly the way you had planned.

"For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content." ~ I Timothy 6:7-8

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have."

“It is better to want what you have than to have what you want.”

FYI: I'm sure you're just being silly, but this has been on my mind alot lately...learning to be content and happy with the blessings I've been given, rather than always moaning and complaining about what I don't have.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    No God is to blame. If he hadnt let his little brother crack through the ice and had instead kept him safe George would have never lost his hearing would have become the star pilot and won WWII. God is to blame for it all. Great now I'm gonna go worship Satan because of God's cruel irony. Thanks alot!