How Far Do You/Would You Drive To Go To The Gym?

Options
124»

Replies

• Shrelana
    Shrelana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Depending on traffic, the gym takes anywhere from 20 minutes to 40 minutes (by interstate and street) for me to get to...There is one that is about a 5 minute walk from my apartment, but they charge something like $70 per month compared to $20 for the one I go to.

OMG NO!!! I'd rather scrimp and save to pay an extra $50 a month to avoid 40-80 min. round-trip commute to/from the gym. I would NEVER go if I had to sit in traffic for that long. How much do you blow in gas and wasted time to travel there? :noway:

ETA: For the poster above, I also live in Southern California and I get that you do have to drive most everywhere (because public transportation is lacking and it's not pedestrian friendly) but I'm wondering why you have to drive SO FAR to find stores and gyms. They are all over the place...

Since I'm usually picking up my husband from work less than a block away, I just put up with it lol. I figure I have to be there anyway, may as well work out at the gym that has a trainer any time I need to get help on my program then to pay the extra for a gym where I'd have to pay an additional $40 every time I want to see the trainer.