What are your goals for the new year - 2013?

Options
Mine are to continue on this awesome fitness path I've found here on MFP. I continue to play with calories, macros, strength training and adding more cardio (HIIT) and I plan to get this 23 1bs off and be able to SEE my muscles that I can feel and know are there under the layer of fat, by this time next year... I also plan to eat cleaner and help my family do the same. I'm looking forward to a really healthy 2013.

Replies

• cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    To continue on my weight loss journey and to be able to wear really little clothes when I go on vacation to Hawaii with my husband in April.
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    To continue with the progress I've made since Oct. 20th.

To be able to shop in the non-womens/non-plus size sections of stores.

To complete the Tough Mudder Carolinas in November.
  • chrissyhy
    Options
    Health wise:
    Reduce body fat, not weight
    Exercise more

Other wise, live life to the fullest YOLO (except no 10 cookies in one day;)
  • robindina
    robindina Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My goals are to continue what I accomplished in 2012. I made my goal and kept a New years resolution.

I want to continue losing weight, but going to work on toning up. I also have a financial goal of getting one of my big credit card debts paid off.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    To be more committed to a healthy and fitter me, run a 5 or 10K race, and to abstain from alcohol. Also to graduate in my Masters of Science and do a Personal Trainer course.
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Reach the 100s and become a Zumba instructor.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    1. To be a size 10..but I wanted that before the end of this year..my body had other plans:ohwell: Just gotta roll with it...

2. To complete my first triathlon..I plan on doing a 5.82 mile run, 12.5 mile bike and 6.35 mile kayak in July
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I am going to continue eating right and doing my weight watchers again to lose weight I have lost hundreds doing weight watchers on my own before and this time I am coupling it with MFP to keep track of my food intake.
  • Elma1975
    Options
    My goal for 2013 is to keep this journey going, eat healthy, exercise and hopefully ose around 5lbs each month.
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I want to have a slamming bikini body! I'm planning to go to the beach this year and strut my stuff. I also want to get more fit. In order to do this, I want to lose to get down to 135 lbs. I'm hoping to hit that goal by February of next year.

I plan to continue to focus on strength training and being as active as I can in 2013 as well.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Reach the 100s and become a Zumba instructor.

You go lady. And do you know what? You will do it.
  • singledj
    singledj Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am going to recommit myself to losing this weight once and for all!!! Also want to learn how to eat cleaner and tighten and tone everything up. But mainly just be the best me I can be!!!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad someone asked this! I'm a little fanatical about goals... I find them fun and exciting, and set them (and reset them!) often! Here's my list for 2013 (all added to an Excel spreadsheet and an iphone app for easy tracking!):

Body
    - Climb North Mountain 12 times
    - Attend 24 gym classes
    - Dedicate 90 minutes a week to activity and track it
    - Drink 160 green smoothies (@ 3 times a week)
    - Increase bedtime hygiene routine to include teeth brushing, flossing, and face care more often than not (@ 180 times)
    - Limit Diet Soda consumption to 24 servings
    - Go on 4 planned hikes

Soul
    - Prioritize an evening with hubby at least one night a week
    - Visit with the nieces and nephews at least four times
    - Prioritize non-dog time, non-home-based activity at least once a month (girl's night!)
    - Dedicate at least 4 hours each week to planned R&R activities (anything but television)
    - Visit my Godson four times

Brain
    - Read 12 new books
    - Attend two elective classes
    - Be television-free for 24 consecutive hours 24 times
  • choochoobell
    choochoobell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My goal for 2013 is to keep this journey going, eat healthy, exercise and hopefully ose around 5lbs each month.
    This^
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    2013 is my year. Plans:
    Continue eating healthy, including trying 15 new vegetable heavy recipes
    Reach my goal weight (roughly 1 pound lost every 12 days)
    Acquire and train with a personal trainer: I'd like to lift heavy.
    15 chin ups at once
    15 pull ups at once
    25 pushups at once
    150 situps at once
    5km running without slowing to walk even once

Go on 10 dates.
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    To compete in a dualathlon in march and to remain fit and healthy x
  • lmfaulkner9
    Options
    To lose these last 3-4 lbs and be at my very good ideal weight. All my clothes will fit awesome and I will feel amazing about myself.
    To keep running and run my 3rd full marathon in October.
    To keep coming here and logging my food and staying on track!!!
  • mrsg39
    mrsg39 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 15lbs and maintain a nice size. I have no problem with losing weight, keeping it off is the problem. My biggest challenge will definitely be eating right but I'm up for the challenge. I'm curvy by nature but I don't want to end up short and round by habit. I hope to break the bad habits of eating late and being lazy. My plan is to get up and get moving starting today.
  • AngelJLV83
    AngelJLV83 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have been having trouble finding a balance between nursing school, work, and kiddo, let alone fitting gym time in there. Last semester I had 74 days in a row with no days off. So, most of my resolutions are going to be about being healthier and finding balance.

2013 Resolutions:

1. Get my butt in the gym at least 3 days a week
    2. Calorie count everyday. No excuses!!
    3. Drink 9-8oz glasses of water a day.
    4. Pay off my debt (Been working on it for over 3 years!!)
    5. Beat my time from 2012 Warrior Dash
    6. Graduate from Nursing School.
    7. Lose 15 pounds this year (Which I should if I follow steps 1-3)
  • motiroti
    motiroti Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    1. Get to 11stone 70kg by June and my birthday
    2. Run a 5k x 4 this year and get 10 minutes off the current time.
    3. Swim at least once a month all year and weekly over the summer
    4. Learn to cook 2 more dinners that are healthy and TASTE nice!
    5. Work on my core strength x 2 a week at home
    6. Get another job
    7. Be open to love x