What are your goals for the new year - 2013?

Options

Replies

• j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Made this list a few weeks ago...... copy and pasted..

Goals for 2013

1. Spend more time with my family
    2. Get a better job (do everything possible) hire a job coach if need be XX Done received job offer start job on Jan. 14th.
    3. Be happier
    4. Working out 3 times a week at the least
    5. Start strength training
    6. Log calories for the first 6 months
    7. Spend more time with friends
    8. Find activities that just Daughter and I can do
    9. Find activities that just Son and I can do
    10. Go on at least 4 dates with Husband (real ones no kids)
    11. Save for remodeling bathroom, perhaps remodel
    12. Work on mental health
    13. Support Husband in new job and schooling for the job
    14. Take a great week long family vacation
    15. Go on some nature hikes (get into it)
    16. Find a church home, and put God back into my life and my families.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    ~ To finally shed these last 35-40 lbs

~ Pay off my loan

~ Sell my car

~ Pay off my 2 credit cards

~ Move to Hawaii

~ Learn to surf :wink:
  • jsickman12
    jsickman12 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My goals:
    To look amazing at my wedding(already going to happen), break 20 mins in a 5K, break 1 hour 45mins in a sprint distance duathalon. Complete in a olympic distance triathalon.
  • sydneywb86
    sydneywb86 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I plan to hit my goal weight FINALLY! Continue on this beautifully difficult fitness journey (that I'm loving by the way.) Also really want to run my first 5k...it's long overdue. More yoga.
  • emilyr90
    Options
    my goals for the new year:
    1.stay with it
    2.lose the weight and never find it!
    3.stop being so shy and break out of my shell
    4. try not to break anymore bones lol
  • mcguvs
    mcguvs Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    REDUCE BODY FAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    To transcribe interviews WHEN THEY HAPPEN and to write prolifically to get my break as a sports journalist.

I consider what I am doing here a lifestyle choice I started in August, and have been logging and holding myself accountable now for 5 months now so I feel comfortable that this is now habit.
    I'll let you know after doc's appointment on 2/1/13 if my goal of a 5K is at all achievable this year!
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    My goals are to continue towards a healthier life and lost another 15-20 lbs. and get very lean

also to do 2 5k's next year and a fitness body competition
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My goals are largely running related:

1. 5k @ sub 22:00

2. 10k @ sub 45:00

3. half marathon @ sub 01:45:00

And, I want to get to a better racing weight (about 10 lbs down from where I'm at now) but maintain a reasonable amount of muscle tone and definition. No big deal. . .I just want it ALL!!

2014. . . bouncing around a full marathon if I can stay healthy for 2 or 3 half marathons this year!!
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I had a list already made, here it is, not long but I'll be happy if I can achieve all.

1. Continue to eat healthy and workout 
    2. Reach my ultimate goal of 125 BF 21% 
    2. Buy a larger cando 
    3. Complete PMP cert 
    4. Travel to Japan 
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I want to lose the holiday bloat, then reach new goals beyond my previous accomplishments.
    A wise man once advised me to never peak out.
    I want to lose 3 more inches off my waist and drop 20 pounds.
    Simple :blushing:
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    10,000km on the bike over 2013.

get my average speed over 25kph even allowing for occasional sociables and MTB rides.

drop at least another 14-15kg, whilst maintaining/building my FTP by at least 5%, hopefully get my power/weight ratio in the region of 3.5w/kg from it's current (vaguely pathetic) 2.5w/kg
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    May 5th 2012 was the day I started c25k for the 5th time as one last desperate attempt to 'run.

may 5th 2013 is the day I run my first Marathon in Toronto. My goal is to simply finish.
  • Shash27
    Shash27 Posts: 172
    Options
    1. Lose the 7lbs of newlywed weight I put on
    2. Make it to at least 4 hour long group fitness classes a week.
    3. LOG EVERYTHING
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I don't know how many of these things I can get done, but without a list and some motivation, no one will ever know what they're capable of:

1. Graduate with my bachelors in English and Sociology.

2. Get down to 21% body fat or less. Less would be awesome! :)

3. Get involved in power lifting again. It's been 5 years and I've lost almost all my strength.

4. Try new fitness related things like hiking somewhere new, rock climbing, Zumba, whatever I feel like.

5. Spend as much time on myself as I feel necessary. If I want a personal night with a bubble bath, I'm not going to make any excuses to not do it.

^ Those are all of things that I WILL DO! ^

v These are all of the things that I would love to do, but I don't know if they're going to happen. v

1. I would love to fit into a bikini top. I tried this year and after losing 50 pounds, my boobs were still too big to fit into anything cute without looking like a stripper.

2. Buy a pair of cowboy boots. I couldn't bring myself to spend the money this past year, so maybe next year.

3. Figure out how to lighten my stretch marks and get rid of my cellulite. Those would be beyond great!
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Going to walk from Hobbiton to the Lonely Mountain, 967 miles. :)
    I would also say to lose X amount of weight, but I threw my scale away. I'm just going to focus on being healthy, and eventually fitting into my skinny clothes again.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Mine are to continue on this awesome fitness path I've found here on MFP. I continue to play with calories, macros, strength training and adding more cardio (HIIT) and I plan to get this 23 1bs off and be able to SEE my muscles that I can feel and know are there under the layer of fat, by this time next year... I also plan to eat cleaner and help my family do the same. I'm looking forward to a really healthy 2013.

Ditto that!!!
  • isabele123
    isabele123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose at least 70 pounds and I would like to travel some!
  • FitChicFab2013
    Options
    Eat clean, exercise regularly, be proactive healthwise and to stay happy :)
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I don't know how many of these things I can get done, but without a list and some motivation, no one will ever know what they're capable of:

1. Graduate with my bachelors in English and Sociology.

2. Get down to 21% body fat or less. Less would be awesome! :)

3. Get involved in power lifting again. It's been 5 years and I've lost almost all my strength.

4. Try new fitness related things like hiking somewhere new, rock climbing, Zumba, whatever I feel like.

5. Spend as much time on myself as I feel necessary. If I want a personal night with a bubble bath, I'm not going to make any excuses to not do it.

^ Those are all of things that I WILL DO! ^

v These are all of the things that I would love to do, but I don't know if they're going to happen. v

1. I would love to fit into a bikini top. I tried this year and after losing 50 pounds, my boobs were still too big to fit into anything cute without looking like a stripper.

2. Buy a pair of cowboy boots. I couldn't bring myself to spend the money this past year, so maybe next year.

3. Figure out how to lighten my stretch marks and get rid of my cellulite. Those would be beyond great!

just get the degree first!