Anyone else get the blues when they don't workout??

Options

Replies

• PoliticalRN
    PoliticalRN Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I started working out six days a week on August 26, 2012 and I haven't missed a workout. Why? Because I would feel mega guilty not so blue. There are days when I feel sluggish and just want to sit on the couch watching TV but I force myself to workout and when I finish I feel great! I rather deal with the pain of working out than the tugging of the guilt!
  • orangelobster
    Options
    Count me in - very unhappy if I miss a workout. Come to think of it, the gym is the only place where I truly know what I'm doing. I got all the focus and concentration.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I get a bit moody..but I think that it has something to do with me having a bit of OCD. It's not really bad, but when I get into a routine and it gets disrupted...it takes me a bit to right myself again. I know, weird, but it's getting better :D
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Since ya asked, I'll be honest even though I'm apparently the long ranger here.....nope, lol
  • kmillers
    kmillers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I can't go days... If I take a one-day break I'm kind of nuts. But exercise is helping me w/ recovery. Just passed 100 days of sobriety a week ago. So I don't mind working out every day - it's better than doing something else. ;)

Me too. Good for you. I am two years sober and my workouts help me stay that way. Don't give up. One day at a time.
  • kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Yep!! My crazy comes out in spades when I don't work out, then it becomes easier and easier to not workout and I become lazy and feel fat and then eat more....it is a delightful cycle. I have much higher confidence levels about how I look when I work out as well...you can even tell in the way I walk and carry myself
  • Snitch1
    Snitch1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Yes..def..I am limited what I able to do-swimming and riding my recumbent bike..that's about it.

So, have been out of the pool for over 6 weeks due to an ingrown toenail procedure and subsequent infection.
    Totally bummed..and grouchy.
    And FAT..cuz the bike makes my hips hurt..the bursa.
  • Snitch1
    Snitch1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Yep!! My crazy comes out in spades when I don't work out, then it becomes easier and easier to not workout and I become lazy and feel fat and then eat more....it is a delightful cycle. I have much higher confidence levels about how I look when I work out as well...you can even tell in the way I walk and carry myself
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    so
    THIS!!
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    YES, I am the same way.... I will get into this awesome swing of working out every day and feeling amazing.... the second I break that pattern I IMMEDIATELY feel it.... I immediately feel more tired... depressed... and straight up grumpy lol. The worst part is the second I break my awesome pattern of working out daily it is sooo HARD to get back there...
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. It starts to consume my mind.
    If I'm crazy at least it's a good crazy.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Running is my xanax. If I go more than 3 days without running, I get highly irritable. I haven't formed the same addiction to lifting weights, though.
  • HeatherOberholtzer
    Options
    I don't know about the blues but I keep feeling like I am missing something :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I get very tired, sluggish and unmotivated. My mood also tanks. I am at my best when I exercise at least every other day. I know I need breaks now and then to let my body rest, but taking too much time off really gets to me. And the longer the break, the harder it is to start up again. I just took 4 days off for the holidays and I'll be going back to the gym tonight. I can't wait - I'm already starting to lose it. :laugh:
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I get mad. irritable., idk about sad, feeling down. but mad, for sure. lol. But then again, i replaced smoking with exercise.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Definitely! I get really cranky if I don't get to the gym. Like today. I needed to get rid of the gross feeling from over-indulging but it didn't happen...
  • Love2lift72
    Love2lift72 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    On days that I'm cranky and tired and sore. I realize that I've not got my workout in. As soon as I get started I feel such better. I'm happier, more relaxed, and I eat better.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    YES! I have to cancel my membership because I don't have time to go and I'm really depressed about it. I can't wait until I move and have a little extra space to buy my own equipment.
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Indeed - exercise helps control my mood (anxiety/depression) and I was able to go off medications. So, I definitely begin feeling depressed or just plain cranky and *itchy if I don't do something....which is about now. LOL.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I'm certainly not happy.
  • Chgosportsgal
    Options
    It really gets me down! I haven't been able to workout for 2 weeks due to injury and it's really messing with my head !