Sometimes it starts with a picture

Options
rainman3k
rainman3k Posts: 174 Member
In January of 2011 I was with family for a birthday party and pictures from Christmas had been brought out. I was one to never be caught in pictures but my brother actually managed to catch me in a couple. Needless to say those pictures and the fact I couldn't do the simplest things with my niece motivated me to do something about the shape I was in.

I started dieting that month and it wasn't until I found MFP in October of 2011 that things really took off for me. As much as I am embarrassed by my oldest picture, if it helps even one person realize that by sticking to a plan and working hard you can make changes to your quality of life, then I am happy to post it!

Yesterday I was able to play Just Dance 4 for hours with my niece without getting tired or out of breath, and that is one of the things I had hoped for when I started this journey.

In addition I had really been struggling with the new image of me and still feeling like the person from 2010, but seeing these photos really helped me realize how far I have come.

I still have just under 30 pounds to go until I reach my goal, but I have no doubt I will make it thanks to my MFP friends!

Christmas 2010
368, 58" pants, 4xl shirt
xmas2010.JPG

Christmas 2011
296, 50" pants, 3xl shirt
xmas2011.JPG

Christmas 2012
224, 38" pants, xl shirt
xmas2012.JPG

Replies

• MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    WOW What a great job! I can relate to the avoiding cameras part and then seeing that one photo that somehow does get taken and thinking, how did this happen? Congratulations on getting fit, for yourself and for your family!
  • midnite81
    midnite81 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You should be so proud of yourself. You have done so well and old pictures can be very important. I'm sure your niece is very very proud of you too. Well done. You are an inspiration.
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    144 lbs gone!! You should be proud of what you have accomplished, what a difference, you are looking good!!
  • SaltyNovice
    SaltyNovice Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Long term impressive.........keep it up..............great motivation for me to continue through the tough times.
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Congratulations -- you look SOO much happier and healthier!
  • olsondre
    olsondre Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!
  • patty9013
    patty9013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!! You look great! Congrats! You have worked hard be proud!!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing, thanks for sharing!
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, you look AMAZING! Congrats on your progress!!
  • audreanna76
    Options
    Wow! truly amazing and inspiring. Awesome job
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look amazing! So happy for you!:flowerforyou:
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    You're hard work has definitely paid off!!! You look great!
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! truely amazing great job!!!! keep it up u look awesome!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Holy Cow!! Great work!! And your niece is ADORABLE!! :flowerforyou:
  • sterober
    Options
    Outstanding!! Congratulations to you!! You have accomplished so much!! Best wishes! :heart:
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Blown away! This is awesome, good job!
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!!!!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Very inspiring! Thank you!!
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Great job, buddy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!