I hope it is just the holidays...

Options
2»

Replies

• shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone... Leaving work in a minute but wanted to say thanks before i go home. This slump has lasted for over a month and i was just thinking man what the hell get with it! Why isnt it important to you! and all that stuff and I would still just sit there and not move from in front of the tv while eating a whole pack of crackers and cream cheese UGH! I have put back on 6 pounds and I keep telling myself ok ok ok Jan 1st no more messin around!!! So its like i have givin myself a free ride until then or atleast i pray thats all it is and i get back on track.:ohwell:

Why are you waiting until the 1st?
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Good news Holidays are over...YAY! I struggle too its and addiction and a daily battle. Your demon has been winning lately, but that doesnt mean the war is over. In fact, it'll never be over sorry to say, but the good thing about that is everyday is new and a chance to win and succeed. One day at a time, one meal at a time, and one minute at a time.

Today/Tomorrow because your addiction has been winnng you will struggle with those old feelings because your body has gotten used to getting large amounts of food.

Make sure you go to bed early or get out away from food if you are a late night binger. Limit yourself to just one plate. Don't look at calories or anything else until you are over the cravings just focus on not binging and you will be back to the point that you once where at and can start focusing on the calories.

Get away from food as soon as you are done with dinner. It takes me about a week to get over the binge cycle. I'm 3 days into not having a binge. This holiday season has been very tough.

We can do it I know we can. We just have to take this day by day and realize that a day without a binge is a successful binge even if we arent being "perfect" with our fitness. Sometimes I think that perfectionist all or nothing attitude derails a bunch of us binge eaters well I'd say almost all people with any type of eating disorder/addiction.

Keep moving foward. You only have two choices in life to go foward or stay behind cuz in the end we end up either older or dead.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Maybe unhealthy and fat just hasn't sunk in yet....start again.
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Can I make a suggestion which you may absolutely take or leave.... I see your starting weight was 218 and your goal weight is 130.... 88 pounds. You've already lost about a third of that. Awesome! Why not consider changing your goal to say, 165, then when you get there, lower it to, say, 150. Keep giving yourself smaller goals instead of one big one, and maybe you'll feel less overwhelmed by it. Smaller goals are easier to achieve and make you feel like you're really making headway. It worked for me when I had 70 pounds to lose and even with less than 20 to lose this time, I gave myself 5 pound goals at a time and rewarded myself with something when I reached those goals (and no, not a food reward, but if that works for you just make it something healthy!).
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    Know this you are not alone here are some sites about people who have binge eaten.
    We all have something to overcome in life and while we are still living we can do it.
    Yes, it becomes irritating not to conqueor our flaws but that is what makes us human.
    Don't give up on yourself, even if you do good one day, and bad the next keep it moving.
    Set realistic goals for yourself.
    If you know you can eat healthy for 3 days and binge for 2 then do it but push until you accomplish your goals.

Overcome-Binge-Eating.com
    http://www.overcome-binge-eating.com/overcoming-binge-eating-blog.html

Are You a Binge Eater?
    http://blog.calorieking.com/2012/08/are-you-a-binge-eater/

Well Woman Blog
    http://www.wellwomanblog.com/50226711/binge_eating.php
    I will look into these.Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Consider spending 30 minutes outside today and/or taking a vitamin D supplement to help you get through the winter doldrums. Wishing you much success in your future. :flowerforyou: