your IDEAL Job what do you want to do

Options

Replies

• IamBlackMamba
    Options
    To be a Master Florist with my own nursery and farm or, a marine biologist and jump in those shark cages to film shark week.
  • ZombieFoodSlayer
    Options
    RN turned successful freelance writer, travel the world and write about cool places and people!!
  • ChinniP
    ChinniP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    lottery winner
  • ChinniP
    Options
    But seriously, if I gotta work ... I guess I'm doing what I like. I work in Business Intelligence.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    nature photographer
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    But seriously, if I gotta work ... I guess I'm doing what I like. I work in Business Intelligence.

I want to be the cat in your pic for a living! :laugh:
  • PilotX
    PilotX Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I wanna be a pirate
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    My current Job/Role..............

i am a Fire Rescue Fire Fighter for the Australia outback Mines...........

Dream boat
  • ChinniP
    Options
    I wanna be a pirate

Awesome! um I mean ... yaaaar
  • taytay9955
    Options
    My ideal job wold be a college professor of psychology or education, or I'd totally take Anthony Bourdain's job!
  • bgtorres
    bgtorres Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Either a RN or a fitness model :smile:
  • horsewhisper91
    horsewhisper91 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'd love to become a professional artist, but if I could...I'd want to go into acting. I can be a crazy dreamer sometimes.
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I started my career doing medical billing maybe 24 years ago, not really knowing anything...had to figure out how to do it on my own...in fact, I had never even sat down at a computer before, so I had to learn what that was too....I figured it out on my own....and grew to love the profession....I only had a 1 1/2 year break from this during this time, when the CEO of the company decided he wanted to cut costs and outsource the billing...(by the way, the people that took over the billing NEVER even opened the boxes and the company went bankrupt)..... I spent 1 1/2 year first as a gas attendent then as the MGR, at a local gas station...then I was offered another position (the previous program manager came to see me), and I immediately gave a weeks notice, even before I went for the interview...again, new software and billing problems...I figured out why the clinic only was getting about 15% of their services paid, fixed the problem, and immediately, got 98% claims pd.....so again I showed that I can figure out issues and get them resolved...I began to get a name for myself...and of course I really liked having job security...after 4 years at this clinic (it was Behavioral Health/Substance Abuse Outpatient clinic)...there was some issue between the CEO of the company paying the claims and our manager...and they refused to pay...they were taken to court and ordered to pay, then they appealed it and that judge said "no you don't"...that went on back and forth for maybe 6 months or so...finally we ran out of money to fight, and had to close down....I went on unemployment for a few weeks and then I got a call from the Program Director of the equivilent clinic out on the local REZ...they wanted me to come to interview...there were 3 programs closely related that I would be billing for..(The payer of the claims was the same agency that put the other clinic out of business)...this clinic also had issues with not much getting paid....but for this clinic, it was just starting out, and the therapist didn't want to do the required paperwork... so I had to educate them on this issue...(4 years ago the 3 clinics combined into one) anyway this clinic has grown from just a few therapists... now there is a total of 85 employees, and I do the billing for it all of them.....I have been there 15 years and love the respect, honor, pay, benefits, job security, and all that I do...It has a great future for me and anyone who might like to try it

so I would say that I am in my dream job right now!!!!:happy:
  • ChrisTina_Fisher
    Options
    I would like to work as a web page designer or portrait photographer.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I wanna be a pirate

Arr! That be my first choice, land lubber!
  • runningwoodpecker
    Options
    Immigration Lawyer
  • Sara_Pulsifer
    Options
    My dream job would be to own my own bakery or restaurant :)
  • onlybibek
    Options
    i wanna be an engineer
  • shandi_b
    shandi_b Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I currently like what I do and it was what I always wanted to do....IT Infrastructure operations role.... But now am wondering if this is what I want to do for the rest of my life....so I am toying with the idea of doing some more study and becoming a naturopath or dietician.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I work as a secondary school French teacher but would love to be a translator.