So what do you do on New Years Eve?

Options

Replies

• gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    We do something fun every year otherwise we regret it!
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Usually go to a party or a dance. Still not sure what I'm doing this year.

The only new years traditions I have are on New Years Day. Watch The Wizard of Oz and go out for Chinese food, every year.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    choice between

a. night out in london (possibly got to the box)

b. Night out with beau and his friends up north

c. Boat party w/family

and definitely drinking 2012 way
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Wife and I don't do much these days. I don't really like going out to "party" these days..it's just to crazy out there and I'm over that scene. We also have an infant and toddler at home, so that makes it pretty difficult to get out these days. If anything, we have friends over for a nice dinner and cocktails...ring in the New Year east coast time (10PM here at my house) and we call it a night. If I'm up until midnight or later these days, it's because there's a problem...I don't do it for fun, sleep is too precious.

We sometimes do Irish New Year as well...we have an Irish pub here in town that does Irish New Year midnight GMT, which is 5 PM here...good Celtic music, beer and pub food and we're home by 7PM.
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    this year we are staying home and getting wasted with the neighbors... gonna start a fire pit and play left right center and really just be crazy people in the middle of the street :) love my neighbors!
  • leffy05
    Options
    Kansas CIty Power and Light District!!!!
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I used to spend it with my boyfriend (it was our anniversary), but now that that long term relationship has ended, I plan on just getting hammered with my best friends and all of the people I love. I definitely do NOT want to be alone and be reminded of a failed relationship.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Looks like Champagne, nice dinner and Vampire Diaries snugged up on the sofa with my husband.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Party like it's 1999!
  • kittycatkay
    kittycatkay Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    partying REALLY hard! I have a big house so I just throw a party and invite everyone
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Drink some Jameson and play video games with some friends. Yep, sounds good to me! =)
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Watch some movies then in bed by 11.
  • ksloop00
    ksloop00 Posts: 144
    Options
    I have no plans this year... Probably be alone watching tv..

I thought I was the only one alone on NYE, yay for one more, haha
  • repmlrs
    repmlrs Posts: 154
    Options
    well this year ill sit in my tent with my battle buddies and wish i was home with my wife
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    We're your typical parents of young children that will be in bed around 11 or so. lol. We don't go out for NYE. We'll get all crazy and order take out. Watch out now, party animals with their Chinese food. :drinker:

^^ Pretty much this.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    well this year ill sit in my tent with my battle buddies and wish i was home with my wife

Thank you for your service.
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    work NYE and NYD
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Its really hard for me to stay up past 10pm anymore. Lol. I'll probably be in bed around 9 or so. It's a non-event to me. If I get invited to a friends house, I might do that. As long as its a small party and not like a kegger with a band. Lol.
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Don't think its cause your old! lol I am only 25 and haven't really ever done anything on NYE. Funny thing is I usually am sick from the cold or flu this time of year, like clock work, and I actually Have not been sick ONCE since last NYE! (knock on wood) and I attribute that to being healthier!
    BUT even if I wasn't sick, I just am not a big drinker or party-er and would rather have a nice dinner and relax at home with my husband. Too many drunk drivers on the road.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    It's very family day for me. I usually stay with my family and eat, and talk, and enjoy the holiday time.

Past several years I had to work or traveled and couldn't be with my family. And even thou I would be at the most world glamorous parties with celebrities and gorgeous people, those NYE were the worst I've had. I need my family.