So what do you do on New Years Eve?

Options

Replies

• FSL010
    FSL010 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    People here workout and eat good to have a healthy lifestyle but then they also drink alcohol, How bad is it for your liver doesn't that bother you?
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Husband is working, I'll be home alone with the kiddos. I'll be in bed by 8:30pm, without a doubt.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I will be working. No big deal as I'm not a big party girl. I just hope I get out of work on time so I'm off the streets before all the partiers are done partying. I hate being on the road with a bunch of drunks.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    People here workout and eat good to have a healthy lifestyle but then they also drink alcohol, How bad is it for your liver doesn't that bother you?

To each their own. Some people drink alcohol still, some still smoke, some eat fast food and some drink pop (soda). Everyone makes their own choices based on their own goals.

Why does it matter?
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    We plan on sitting home making lobster and scallops and shrimp and getting some champagne and watching the Twilight Zone Marathon on SYFI :)
  • FSL010
    Options

To each their own. Some people drink alcohol still, some still smoke, some eat fast food and some drink pop (soda). Everyone makes their own choices based on their own goals.

Why does it matter?

nothing is as bad as alcohol!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Out to dinner with friends and then off to Central Park to watch fireworks when the clock strikes 12.
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

2yowec0.gif

14xfacx.gif
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options

Why does it matter?

Not even crystal meth?
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

Why does it matter?

Really?! I've lost over 100lbs and yes I drink liquor, wine or beer at least once a week maybe twice. What I do on my own doesn't affect you.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I will go somewhere just as a symbolic statement that I will no longer be a housebound no lifer.

But where?

I checked movie previews, unless Lincoln is still playing on New Year's there isn't much worth seeing.

Besides, it would be better to find a spot where I can have a drink and stand around pretending I'm a social creature.
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I have no plans this year... Probably be alone watching tv..

I thought I was the only one alone on NYE, yay for one more, haha

Add one more. I'm not usually one for going out. Mainly because of all the crazies out there drunk off their a$$e$ and thinking its a good idea to drive somewhere.

I spent NYE in NYC one year. We went and saw fireworks in Central Park at midnight. Much better than the crowds in Times Square
  • FSL010
    Options

Why does it matter?

Really?! I've lost over 100lbs and yes I drink liquor, wine or beer at least once a week maybe twice. What I do on my own doesn't affect you.

it doesn't bother me :S

im just saying that whats the point of working out and eating healthy if you're still gonna die because of a liver disease.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Going to my husband's boss' house.

My husband's HANDSY boss.

Ugh.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Going out to a nice dinner with my wife, sitting watching the sun go down over the Bay and the Golden Gate bridge. Hanging out with friends until midnight when I'll toast the new year with my 21 yr Macallan's. I'm the DD, so that will be my only drink.
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm boring , I stay home where I'm safe :bigsmile:

Never been out on New years Eve . Ever since I was a kid ,Pop always said nothing good ever happens on new years night .
  • FSL010
    Options

Why does it matter?

Not even crystal meth?

No body does meth everyday, what are you talking about?
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

Why does it matter?

it doesn't bother me :S

im just saying that whats the point of working out and eating healthy if you're still gonna die because of a liver disease.

Drinking in moderation will not cause you to have a liver disease...not sure what medical school you graduated from......
  • GRINWITHIN
    GRINWITHIN Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am 46, so I have had too many New Year's at times square. We stopped doing Times Square after 9/11 because they corral people into checkpoints to go through metal detectors and then you are corralled in square blockades with standing room only. The checkpoints close at 4PM so you have to be there by Noon if you want to watch the ball drop. Once in the corral, there is no rest room - no food - no water. People usually sit on the ground. Not so bad if we don't have freezing weather or worse... snow.

It gets gross when you have people who start urinating on the street in the corral. If you leave the corral, you lose your space and you can not get back in. If your lucky, a food street vendor (like a hot dog truck) will set up camp in your corral but once supplies are sold out... tough luck.

Before 9/11, We used to hang out in the city, shop, do a pub crawl, see a show and then hit Times Square to get a view of the ball around 10:00PM. Realize, unless you have a VIP pass, you will NEVER see or hear any of the stuff that you see on TV. I got a VIP pass once and was crammed in like a sardine.

I have spent a few New Year's with "First Night". They used to have it in some towns where schools, churches and city halls would open up gymnasiums and theaters where local talent would entertain and restaurants would provide awesome snacks. The business district would be open and outdoor bands would play in the streets. The even had a replica of the ball in Times Square to drop and fireworks at midnight. I saw great talent, musicians, a circus act with clowns/animals, Shakespearean actors, Opera singers and the local theatrical groups performing from their current plays. All the local bands would sign up from Rock, Country Western, to Contemporary Classics. They had arts and crafts for the kids (and big kids too) animal balloons, and carnival games. All the entertainment was for a $25 wrist band that included light snacks at most places. Restaurants had fixed price menus for more substantial fare ranging from $20-50 a person depending on the meal. The carnival games supported the cost of fireworks and was $1 a try. That program dissolved when the economy tanked and many of the supporting businesses could no longer afford to donate.

Last year was the best, we went to our local Irish Pub who celebrates New Year's on Dublin Time (7PM for me) and I was home by 9PM and in pajamas to watch the ball drop on TV. Most of the area events now are $125-$250 a person and you have to buy a formal gown which is not designed for January weather on the east coast to hang out with a bunch of people you don't know. Just way too much money for my blood.

Most of my friends run the NYC marathon in Central Park. Kick off is midnight. They stay up all night to hit the Polar Bear Swim in Coney Island. With my foot problems, I just can't run anymore and don't want to be sitting by myself watching the rest. AND there is no way EVER you could convince me to jump in the ocean in 20 something degree weather. I think that is just insane.

We have't made a definitive plan, but I am thinking maybe the pinball museum or seeing if there is something good going on at the Stone Pony.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    My parents have an apartment that is on the beach where my town hold their NYE festivities.

I'm going to sit on the balcony with my stepdad, get drunk and fire his water pellet gun at people