• Zangpakto
    Zangpakto Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Sure.... tumblr thinspo blogs :P

I find medication either don't work or makes me more hungry lol... :/
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone want to decrease there food?

because some of us can very easily eat 2-3 times their TDEE.

eating according to my unchecked appetite is how i got to be 65 pounds overweight. not all of us got fat by not eating a lot of food:wink:
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Theres a good one called "track calories and macros and make sure you're in a caloric deficit"

It'd be great if it were that easy...
    If you can't do or understand the basics, you have shouldn't be taking appetite suppressants.
  • IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER
    IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    If you are a volume eater and it goes way beyond the normal, healthy, eating your calories to fuel your workouts, then I recommend Phentermine. It has worked great for me and helps me to not feel so famished so that I can more easily make conscious, healthy eating choices.
    phentermine really helped me
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Protein and fiber!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    food seems to do the trick for me
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Caffeine.

Caffeine is my friend for other reasons, but it tends to make me hungrier.

Is "Eating craptons of protein and fiber?" an appetite suppressant?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Coffee, protein, fiber, fat, exercise.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Is "Eating craptons of protein and fiber?" an appetite suppressant?

No not craptons- just what you should eat based on MFP. Protein and Fiber can make you feel full longer- thus a suppressant.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    cigarettes.

not the best thing for a healthier lifestyle though.

what's worked for me is protein. i keep hard boiled eggs in the fridge to munch on when i'm peckish, and that will take me through to my next meal. small tins of tuna are also handy to have. and make sure you drink your water.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone want to decrease there food?

because some of us can very easily eat 2-3 times their TDEE.

eating according to my unchecked appetite is how i got to be 65 pounds overweight. not all of us got fat by not eating a lot of food:wink:

I am a "volume" eater. I have issues with stress/bored/emotional eating and am just a bad overeater to begin with. I tried suppressants and that made it worse. I tried to go the really low cal # route..that was bad. What Louisianna is saying is that it's not about "not" eating. It's about listening and working with your body. Eat "smarter" so you lose weight, get healthier, and all at the same time getting the fuel your body needs to function.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do is to work out your TDEE and eat only 300 calories away from it. Eat plenty of protein - double MFP's recommendation. Eat plenty of veggies - go for 5-6 servings a day. After two weeks, cut your calories by another 100. Then after two more weeks, cut them again by another 100. By this time, you will be accustomed to healthy eating and your body will be used to eating less food. There is honestly no reason to be hungry while losing weight. The only reason this happens is that you are not eating enough nutritious food. Don't try to starve yourself.

There are NO over-the-counter stimulants that actually work. And the prescription ones have dangerous side effects. Learn to eat healthy and to eat enough food while still losing. Your body will thank you by shedding the fat!
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I have heard good things about Dotteras slim & sassy essential oil, but I have not tried it. Pregnant and all.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    A lot of overeating is caused by boredom and cravings, not actual hunger, so suppressing your appetite won't help.
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how many snarky and unhelpful remarks you've gotten. Yes, reducing calorie intake is difficult - more difficult for some people than others. I have searched for appetitie suppressants myself, but have found most to make me jittery and give me headaches. I've heard Oxy Elite is good, but I haven't tried it.

I have looked for "healthier" ways of controlling my seemingly out of control appetite. I have found that coffee and tea help in the morning, and help more when I mix them with coconute oil/cream and almond milk. I have my coffee with a Trio bar (basically nuts/seeds/dried fruit) and that usually does the trick until lunch. I find that I *need* to eat some sort of breakfast and it needs to contain fat. Peppermit tea alone is also good right before bed (after dinner) for curbing night time cravings.

The other trick, for me, is to keep my blood sugar pretty stable all day. I eat somewhat frequently, but small, and I try to keep to a Zone like diet. If I eat fast carbs (i.e. anything that spikes my blood sugar), I will not lose, even if I stay within my calorie limits. If my blood sugar is level, I lose and I'm not as hungry. You really have to be in touch with your body. For example, when I eat like this, I don't get that crazy anxiety-ridden starving feeling, I just get kind of peckish. But, if I don't eat within a reasonable period of time (4 hours), my next meal will tend to be too large because I've waited to long.

Whole grains (no fast carbs/low GI foods) with a lot of fiber are good. Lean protein, and good fats are essential.

Anyway, sorry for the long explanation. Basically, I'm sorry people were rude to you, and you should work on finding what is right for you. It will take awhile (heck I'm still figuring it out after years of yo-yoing), but it is worth it.

Oh, and I wanted to add that exercise is helpful, but make sure that you eat something after depending on your hunger level. If I'm hungry, it's a full protein shake or a trio bar. If I'm not so hungry, I might just have an apple and a few almonds. or 1/2 oz cheese. If I don't eat anything, I tend to be more out of control hugnry the next day.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    LIFE!

Enjoy it!

And eat so you can live some more!

this sounds cheesy, but it's true. I used to have my days revolve around food, my main source of joy. Now hunger is this annoying thing I have to deal with sometimes. Sometimes I hate having to eat becuase I'd rather be....oh....

snowboarding
    surfing
    rock climbing
    dancing
    woriking on projects
    back packing
    working out
    hitting new PRs in the gym
    biking in the mountains
    hanging out with my kid
    playing with my puppy
    talking to my friends
    reading a good book
    etc
    etc
    etc
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    acutally...this may sound silly but exercise...
    I"m just remembering days when I went on epic hikes and there was no way I was going to eat all my cals those days. I was just having too much fun!
  • MUSTLOSENOW55
    Options
    diet coke and coffee
  • MikeBenWilliams
    Options
    Eating preemptive, meaning before you ever get hungry. Fill your plate with plenty of protein and fibrous vegetables like spinach, brocolli, and cauloflower.

Pure cocoa is also a great for suppressing appetite while raising dopamine. mix it in an 8oz glass of water.

BCAA's (Branched Chain Amino Acids) are also another favorite of mine.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    food seems to do the trick for me

i was gonna say that....