6months of gym and im not shredded :/

Options
13»

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

Are you lifting weights that are heavier than your grocery bags? You need to actually lift WEIGHT to get somewhere. Not just lift litle pink cute weights up and down 500 times.

Sometimes people who are beginning can only life those cute pink weights. And I can't lift them 500 times at that.
    Who carries in your groceries for you? Do you have a child? If so, who picks them up/picked them up for you? Who pours your milk for you? If you are doing these things yourself, you CAN pick up more than those "cute little pink weights". Woman are capable of lifting a LOT more than they give themselves credit for. Think about what you pick up in a day! Don' sell yourself so short! If you're not challenging your muscles you WON'T see progress! Bottom line!

good point. the thing is though most people are talking about different types of workouts. there's a big difference between doing isolation exercises (which many women would need barbie weights for) vs doing compound lifts which you can go heavy on.

many women i see in the weight room are doing isolation exercises like bicep curls, tricep kickbacks, side lateral raise, etc. i can deadlift my body weight but i'd need significantly less if i were doing kickbacks :laugh:
  • brucedelaney
    brucedelaney Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    What sort of exercises are you doing? Are you squatting/dead lifting?
    Are you constantly upping your weight once a set stops being challenging?

^^^^This
    then you need to take closer look at your nutrition, your macros. It is 70% nutrition, 30% workouts what makes your body.

^^^^And This
  • Lynn_is_happy
    Lynn_is_happy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    The fitness media/advertising is lying to us???
    Who would have guessed, and making a tidy profit as well.
    Stick with it, and it will come, not easy not fast, but nothing great is easy, it isn't supposed to be..

Try enjoying your weightloss/gain/health/fitness journey, not just wondering when it will end, otherwise you might be missing all the important lessons that will change your life once you "get there"

Love this! Thanks.